Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Sounds good. At least there is a little bit of hope there. Thanks

The best bet will be before you use the tickets, they might be able to put the price of the tickets you bought (BOGO and Express) towards a FFP+ w/ Express. Make sure to bring receipts!

The best bet will be before you use the tickets, they might be able to put the price of the tickets you bought (BOGO and Express) towards a FFP+ w/ Express. Make sure to bring receipts!

That’s exactly what I would want to do. Do you think I should just print off the email receipts or go ahead to the will call kiosks and have the actual tickets printed off and trade to trade them in that way?

That’s exactly what I would want to do. Do you think I should just print off the email receipts or go ahead to the will call kiosks and have the actual tickets printed off and trade to trade them in that way?

Just go directly to Guest Relations. If they need to print off the tickets they'll do it there.

Thanks. It’s a bummer that they are not doing it this year, I planned my visit the first weekend based on the pattern of them having the passholder weekend the first two nights. :fist:

Acceptable IU words can't convey what a cluster the AP preview had become, especially opening night. With the marquee houses 90% want to see up front anyway, probably better to divert those TM resources to traditional Stay & Scream areas.

Option 2 is your best choice imo. You will be able to experience the most overall with the least amount of money.
Is doing all of HHN plus Gringotts, MiB, and RRR a reasonable expectation for an October Thursday with regular admission (no S&S)? I had heard the queues can still be up to an hour long even with express. At USH with express the longest wait is 10-15 minutes no matter what night.

Is doing all of HHN plus Gringotts, MiB, and RRR a reasonable expectation for an October Thursday with regular admission (no S&S)? I had heard the queues can still be up to an hour long even with express. At USH with express the longest wait is 10-15 minutes no matter what night.

I doubt you’ll be able to get all that done without express or S&S in October. I recommend buying the Scream Early pass that grants you admission to USF at 3 PM and usage of Stay and Scream for $25. You’ll be able to knock out a couple of those attractions before needing to get in S&S (by 4:30 PM at the latest if you want to get right into ST).

The more expensive option is express, which I’ve used all seven years. I’ve also done USH express. You do have to wait longer in Orlando’s express, but I’ve never waited longer than 30 min and that was due to a house evacuation delay.

In UTH, how are the houses which you are going through decided? Do you know which houses they will be before going in to is it random/what’s available that day?

In UTH, how are the houses which you are going through decided? Do you know which houses they will be before going in to is it random/what’s available that day?
You determine if you want to see 3 or 6 houses, but ultimately it is decided by the park which houses you visit.

They're predetermined by Universal. When people start posting their UTH reviews listing houses, you'll notice that they are the same for everybody like 80% of the time. If a house is undergoing significant modifications that day, they'll sub in another house so now and then there's a little change.

From past experience, I would say that Ghostbusters and Stranger Things will be the "anchor" houses. If you do the 6 house tour, you'll definitely see them both (barring extensive work on them that day). Then one will probably be on the AM 3-house tour, and the other on the PM 3-house tour. They do that to try to make sure everybody is happy seeing at least some of the main houses.

If Depths is really claustrophobic / having narrow rooms/halls, they'll probably not have it on the tour as it's hard to have a big group in a space where everybody can see what the guide is pointing out. If one of the originals has a jaw dropping indoor facade, you can pretty much assume that it's making the 6-house cut.

Your best bet to see any particular houses you want, is obviously the 6 hour tour. In addition to seeing twice as many houses, they often give you a "little extra" like make sure to walk by the other houses so you can at least see and photograph the facades, for American Werewolf in London we were "snuck" in the exit and were allowed to pose for pictures with the last puppet with the tour guide taking your picture for you, and houses that share SS's they'll often say something like "we're not doing the other house in here, but the easiest exit is on the other side so we'll walk through here" and you get to see some things and snap some pics. One year they also asked if we wanted to break for lunch, or if we'd rather see a 7th house (we all obviously chose that) so they added one to the tour.

If Depths is really claustrophobic / having narrow rooms/halls, they'll probably not have it on the tour as it's hard to have a big group in a space where everybody can see what the guide is pointing out.

While this is true, you may also get lucky and have a smaller group. Tomb of the Ancients was on hardly any tours that year; but, we were lucky enough to get to walk through it because our group was relatively small that day.

I doubt you’ll be able to get all that done without express or S&S in October. I recommend buying the Scream Early pass that grants you admission to USF at 3 PM and usage of Stay and Scream for $25. You’ll be able to knock out a couple of those attractions before needing to get in S&S (by 4:30 PM at the latest if you want to get right into ST).

The more expensive option is express, which I’ve used all seven years. I’ve also done USH express. You do have to wait longer in Orlando’s express, but I’ve never waited longer than 30 min and that was due to a house evacuation delay.

I believe clippers6 was already planning on getting express, but if I had misread, then option 2 may not be the best choice.

I believe clippers6 was already planning on getting express, but if I had misread, then option 2 may not be the best choice.
Definitely doing Express. It sounds like I will have a good shot at getting at least each house and a few rides with Express. Having done Hollywood several times and never doing Orlando before, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had read a few trip reports where people mentioned having to wait 45 minutes even with Express, but based on what I’m hearing here it sounds like that isn’t true anymore on most nights.

USF has more daytime attractions that I’d be interested in than IOA, but if I’m able to hit most of them during HHN, I might as well enjoy IOA in the daytime. I did kind of want to ride ET again for old times sake, but no enough to pay the extra money for a two park pass.

USF has more daytime attractions that I’d be interested in than IOA, but if I’m able to hit most of them during HHN, I might as well enjoy IOA in the daytime. I did kind of want to ride ET again for old times sake, but no enough to pay the extra money for a two park pass.

The $25 pass is still an option to gain access to USF at 3 PM. You can ride ET and mother attraction before jumping in S & S.

This is my first time buying more than a one day ticket so I need some help. Is it possible to upgrade my ticket later on? I'm thinking of getting Rush of Fear and if I'm able to attend in Oct could I upgrade to Frequent Fear?