Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Tips & Tricks

Hey guys, coming to Orlando from the UK in a couple of weeks and can't decide what would be the best day to do HHN. It's my first time doing HHN and I want to make the most of it. I'll be in Orlando between 2nd-16th Sept but I'm expecting opening weekend would be busy.

Would it be best holding off until Thursday 12th Sept or is it just going to be really busy in general? Any tips would be great thanks!

Hey guys, coming to Orlando from the UK in a couple of weeks and can't decide what would be the best day to do HHN. It's my first time doing HHN and I want to make the most of it. I'll be in Orlando between 2nd-16th Sept but I'm expecting opening weekend would be busy.

Would it be best holding off until Thursday 12th Sept or is it just going to be really busy in general? Any tips would be great thanks!

That Thursday will be much much lighter than opening day. Basically all days in September besides opening weekend are very light.

Not a bad idea. Also, if you wait a bit they will have time to work the kinks out of everything and your night should run more smoothly.

That Thursday will be much much lighter than opening day. Basically all days in September besides opening weekend are very light.

tenor.gif

Though I do agree opening weekend will be a lot busier by comparison

Last edited:
Did you go in September last year? Last year was PACKED from opening day to the last day. There was that one day that was added last minute that was pretty quiet though :lol:

Obviously you're right though that September will be less-busy than October. But even September isn't that quiet anymore with Stranger Things around and I suspect Ghostbusters won't help.

So I've heard that not all of the houses open at once. Is there any way to know when each house will open ahead of time? Or are the opening nighters the first ones to figure that out? I'm going on opening night and managed to snag the $25 early admission for S&S and Express, and I'm trying to plan out which houses I want to hit in what order. The party I'm with would much rather wait in Springfield than Finnegan's, which I'm fine with, but I want to make sure that the houses by us don't open late, wasting some of our headstart from S&S.

So I've heard that not all of the houses open at once. Is there any way to know when each house will open ahead of time? Or are the opening nighters the first ones to figure that out? I'm going on opening night and managed to snag the $25 early admission for S&S and Express, and I'm trying to plan out which houses I want to hit in what order. The party I'm with would much rather wait in Springfield than Finnegan's, which I'm fine with, but I want to make sure that the houses by us don't open late, wasting some of our headstart from S&S.

Depends on night to night based on technical issues, not having scare actors ready, etc. The only house that consistently doesn't open early is the house located in Shrek.

For Springfield. If previous years are any indication I "believe" that 1K Corpses will open at 5:45ish along with EITHER Depths of Fear OR Nightengales (not both). Then one of Universal Monsters or Graveyard Games should open at 6pm.

This is just based on past years... Anything could change especially on opening night.

Depends on night to night based on technical issues, not having scare actors ready, etc. The only house that consistently doesn't open early is the house located in Shrek.

For Springfield. If previous years are any indication I "believe" that 1K Corpses will open at 5:45ish along with EITHER Depths of Fear OR Nightengales (not both). Then one of Universal Monsters or Graveyard Games should open at 6pm.

This is just based on past years... Anything could change especially on opening night.

Fair enough- I appreciate the info. It at least gives me a general idea of what to expect! Sounds like we'll probably be okay waiting in Springfield.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and thought I'd ask the experts for a bit of help with my forward planning. I am getting the Frequent Fear pass, and plan to go 4 or 5 times while I am there. The plan is to get to the park early and wait in a different holding area each time. Are you able to tell me which houses you would do, in order to get in as many different houses as you can? For example, from Finnegans do houses 1, 2, 3 and 4, from Hello Kitty do houses 1, 2 3 and 4. Or is it too early to suggest anything yet? I'm guessing I would need to wait until it has been open a week or so to know this.
Thanks in advance.

I think the best strategies can't really be made until after the first weekend or so.... if your trip is later in the event, I would wait for some trip reports and then go from there.
Thank you. I thought so. I go on 4th October, so might catch a few reports before I go.

I think the best strategies can't really be made until after the first weekend or so.... if your trip is later in the event, I would wait for some trip reports and then go from there.

Agreed. They play around with Stay & Scream holding areas a bit the first week or so (for example, one year they just quit doing it in Diagon, zero notice). Also, you'll have a better idea of what the surprise hit houses are and which are proving to be low-wait duds.

Out of every year, this is the one I think we’ll get a new S&S location. With the new tickets, the current ones will be way to packed without a new overflow.

I think they just need to expand NY S&S. I'm pretty sure Springfield will be empty since everyone wants GB and ST. I'm hoping they also divide the area between people going to GB and ST. GB gets the bar in the Transformers queue and ST gets Finnegans.

Finnegan's is still open for dinner at the 4 o'clock S&S, right? We're doing ROF with EP, but I figure we'll do at least one early entry for old times sake. The first year we went, we were able to get through AHS and the Shining from Finnegan's before the pandemonium hit.

Finnegan's is still open for dinner at the 4 o'clock S&S, right? We're doing ROF with EP, but I figure we'll do at least one early entry for old times sake. The first year we went, we were able to get through AHS and the Shining from Finnegan's before the pandemonium hit.
It is, start about May for a ressie but that may be different this year