Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Tips & Tricks

The pen was set up at least. I asked the TMs there if they went to the soundstages and he told me it was S&S for Killer Klowns. I didn't want to waste S&S on Killer Klowns, so I can't verify it for sure, but I'm assuming the TMs there were correct. I know Hello Kitty has been used in the past for S&S. I do know for certain that the house itself was open by 6-6:05 PM since I was in and out of it by 6:10 PM.

Last edited:
Thx for the good info! We are going this evening, planning on using S&S as well. Might ge a bit earlier than 4.50pm just because its weekend, i'm hoping 4.15 ish will be enough. Do you know if multiple houses near you were open after you did GB? Cause last year after we did ST, nor poltergeist or carnival were open untill later that evening

The pen was set up at least. I asked the TMs there if they went to the soundstages and he told me it was S&S for Killer Klowns. I didn't want to waste S&S on Killer Klowns, so I can't verify it for sure, but I'm assuming the TMs there were correct. I know Hello Kitty has been used in the past for S&S. I do know for certain that the house itself was open by 6-6:05 PM since I was in and out of it by 6:10 PM.

They didn’t have S&S available there past year. Good to know!

Thx for the good info! We are going this evening, planning on using S&S as well. Might ge a bit earlier than 4.50pm just because its weekend, i'm hoping 4.15 ish will be enough. Do you know if multiple houses near you were open after you did GB? Cause last year after we did ST, nor poltergeist or carnival were open untill later that evening

Trying to remember exactly when everything opened. As you can tell from my weird order, I kinda just ran to whatever was open as it opened.

Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, and Universal Monsters were definitely open before park open. Us, Yeti, and Nightingales were definitely not open early from what I saw. Not sure about the rest.

What time does S&S let out? Or is it just a general time frame

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping this hasn't been posted about--I read here just about every day, so if I missed it I apologize! I've been going for about seven years now but I just can't quite remember something about the blinky cups. I know if you buy a blinky cup it comes with cheaper refills on the specialty drinks, but do you also get regular mixed drinks (like a rum and coke, or a screwdriver) for that discounted rate in one of the cups? Can you also use it in Finnegan's if so?

Hoping this hasn't been posted about--I read here just about every day, so if I missed it I apologize! I've been going for about seven years now but I just can't quite remember something about the blinky cups. I know if you buy a blinky cup it comes with cheaper refills on the specialty drinks, but do you also get regular mixed drinks (like a rum and coke, or a screwdriver) for that discounted rate in one of the cups? Can you also use it in Finnegan's if so?
I haven't been yet this year,but if I recall correctly from last year your could only get beer/specialty drinks in the blinky cups i.e no hard liquor. I'm a vodka/cocktail person and whenever I ordered they told me I couldn't have it in the blinky,only in the regular plastic cups,and that was at several different places that had liquor including Chez Alcatraz,the bar at Lombards and a few of the carts. I gave up after night 2 and left the blinky at home lol! I did find it odd though,assuming it's to limit alcohol intake somehow?

I haven't been yet this year,but if I recall correctly from last year your could only get beer/specialty drinks in the blinky cups i.e no hard liquor. I'm a vodka/cocktail person and whenever I ordered they told me I couldn't have it in the blinky,only in the regular plastic cups,and that was at several different places that had liquor including Chez Alcatraz,the bar at Lombards and a few of the carts. I gave up after night 2 and left the blinky at home lol! I did find it odd though,assuming it's to limit alcohol intake somehow?
Thank you! That makes sense, and is what I assumed. I'm definitely more of a cocktail person, but the specialty drinks are too sickeningly sweet usually!

Few years ago they changed this. HHN 27 I believe. Before that you were able to get liquor drinks at the pop up bars. Rum and cokes for the win for me. And in the blinky cups! But alas those time are gone and can only buy cocktails not in blinky cups at regular bar locations.

There is one new location this year that has a full bar and lets you get any mixed drink you want in the blinky cup. I'm not sure if they're just doing it wrong, so posting it here might contribute to its death, however, in the spirit of sharing: it's a little walk-up window on the far left side of Cafe La Bamba right before the start of the Vikings: Undead scarezone. There's also a great little secluded seating area back there - I've made a stop here every night so far!

CJmTdeI.jpg

EDIT to add: You get the discounted refills here too, but like previous years, you cannot get regular mixed drink refills at Finnegan's or Chez Alcatraz.

Last edited:
There is one new location this year that has a full bar and lets you get any mixed drink you want in the blinky cup. I'm not sure if they're just doing it wrong, so posting it here miht contribute to its death, however, in the spirit of sharing it's a little walk-up window on the far side of Cafe La Bamba right before the start of the Vikings: Undead scarezone. There's also a great little secluded seating area back there.

CJmTdeI.jpg

Cafe LaBamba has a bar now? Neat!

Question about the Springfield Stay and Scream area. On a HHN what time does Fast Food Boulevard close to regular park guests and what time does it reopen for the Stay and Screamers? I feel like it closes earlier than 5, same for the Kwik-E Mart. It's critical I get a Big Pink Donut before we go to Duff Gardens so we can eat it and drink Dufftoberfest.

Question about the Springfield Stay and Scream area. On a HHN what time does Fast Food Boulevard close to regular park guests and what time does it reopen for the Stay and Screamers? I feel like it closes earlier than 5, same for the Kwik-E Mart. It's critical I get a Big Pink Donut before we go to Duff Gardens so we can eat it and drink Dufftoberfest.

Not sure, but the Lard Lad donut can also be purchased at the candy shop attached to the Universal Studios store by park entrance.

I'm guessing they start closing it up around 4. Our first year put us in a similar predicament - except it was our last day, and my husband just wanted a donut before we left. Alas, the barricades were up, and there were no donuts to be had.