Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

That epic Star Wars music sends a chill up my spine...They really need to use more of that....On the brief RotR scene, it kind of reminds me of the Star Trek Experience in Vegas. If they can create that feeling you got on that attraction, they'll have a winner. That's the best attraction I've ever experienced....even compared to Disney or Universal.

I must say the laser beams from the guns and the light saber going trough the steel is stunning. If Disney can deliver this they for sure have a winner.
My thought is some kind of LED tape or LED bar lighting hidden in the wall to appear as if beams are firing through the room...Think the lightning bolt effect from Test Track.

I also think the footage is a tad embellished but we will see

So I asked my brother who did a walkthrough (no ride so effects weren't on) of the attraction if the lightsaber scene from the D23 clip is real or just made for the TV. He's not sure of the effect since it wasn't on, but said it might have been changed from cutting into the ceiling as shown in the clip to cutting into a wall as a means to escape. This actually makes more sense storywise, but take this with a grain of salt.

He also mentioned that the hangar bay scene with the dozens of Stormtroopers and the AT-ATs scene will blow your socks off, and he's not even a Star Wars fan having never seen the movies (believe it or not). Prepare to get hyped!

My thought is some kind of LED tape or LED bar lighting hidden in the wall to appear as if beams are firing through the room...Think the lightning bolt effect from Test Track.

I also think the footage is a tad embellished but we will see
I thought they maybe would use a musion effect.

The blaster fire and light saber were definitely enhanced in post production. But the light saber will be practical, it just wont look that realistic.

Why would they want to do that? Isn't that a bit disappointing. they said they had new tech to replicate the laser sword effect, didn't they?

Today from Mice Chat....on ROTR delayed opening and tech issues....."even though Disney had a tried and true trackless system that's worked well for years, some of the Sharp Pencil People got involved with their usual results, they opted for cheap Chinese trackless systems and were oh-so-surprised when they didn't work as well on their E ticket Huge Feature Attraction (RotR) as the more expensive but notably reliable systems they were already using...to the tune of having to rip parts of the attraction down to the steel.,,,WDW hadn't yet begun to install the faulty ride system, so will be installing the Old Reliable, while over at Disneyland they have to tear everything out and start over-which means opening later than the East coast.....California's future projects will be seeing some big cuts pretty soon"

Today from Mice Chat....on ROTR delayed opening and tech issues....."even though Disney had a tried and true trackless system that's worked well for years, some of the Sharp Pencil People got involved with their usual results, they opted for cheap Chinese trackless systems and were oh-so-surprised when they didn't work as well on their E ticket Huge Feature Attraction (RotR) as the more expensive but notably reliable systems they were already using...to the tune of having to rip parts of the attraction down to the steel.,,,WDW hadn't yet begun to install the faulty ride system, so will be installing the Old Reliable, while over at Disneyland they have to tear everything out and start over-which means opening later than the East coast.....California's future projects will be seeing some big cuts pretty soon"

Welp, we'll know if that's true based on when they open.

I blame Trump for not putting a tariff on Chinese trackless systems. :troll:

Edit: Lol- just started reading the article and I'll be damned if tariffs aren't in the 2nd paragraph.
I was just making a joke.

Welp, we'll know if that's true based on when they open.

I blame Trump for not putting a tariff on Chinese trackless systems. :troll:
Speaking of ...read my post on Epic park where some projects may be scaled back due to the large increased costs due to tariffs on Chinese steel.

And thus the vicious cycle begins. Go cheap on the ride system > Raise prices like crazy for quick net > Realize the hard way most people don’t have deep pockets > Having to spend a fortune to correct the mistakes they made in the first place > cut down on future additions > less people having incentive to go because of their ridiculous prices that they’re too stubborn to lower and their “cheaper” additions > Bean counters punish WDI when it was the BC’s decision to go cheap in the first place

And thus the vicious cycle begins. Go cheap on the ride system > Raise prices like crazy for quick net > Realize the hard way most people don’t have deep pockets > Having to spend a fortune to correct the mistakes they made on the first place > cut down on future additions > less people having incentive to go because of their ridiculous prices that they’re too stubborn to lower and their “cheaper” additions > Bean counters punish WDI when it was the BC’s decision to go cheap in the first place
I completely agree with your post. The Bean Counters screw everything up (cuts in original entertainment too) and then they want to cut more after their original cuts screwed it up in the first place....That's what happened to General Motors too in the 80's when they made the bean counters the top executives. It screwed the corporation up for three decades.

This sounds like more BS. We’ve already heard it’s trackless still and Dynamic Attractions aren’t Chinese. Sounds like some jingoistic garbage.

This sounds like more BS. We’ve already heard it’s trackless still and Dynamic Attractions aren’t Chinese. Sounds like some jingoistic garbage.
Just quoting. I have no idea of it's reliability, but lately Mice Chat's info has been more accurate than a couple of years ago...and word was that some at Disney were using them to leak info.....and...they said it's still trackless at WDW, just not a Chinese import.

I had heard the problem was with the sensors and that at Disneyland they had to remove all the concrete flooring at adjust/replace the sensors. I have heard nothing about having to completely change the ride system.

Maybe they used cheap Chinese sensors?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Disney to utilize an unproven (apparently cheaper) Chinese brand for the ride system of the flagship attraction of their billion dollar land investment. Wouldn't you want to play it safe, spend the extra money on something that works?

I’ve heard so many different things about this ride- 1)vehicles Chinese 2)floor being ripped out 3)vehicles unable to meet ADA code in Cali 4)issues with vehicle locking in drop track leading to a completely shredded RV. Idk what to believe any more about this thing.

I’ve heard so many different things about this ride- 1)vehicles Chinese 2)floor being ripped out 3)vehicles unable to meet ADA code in Cali 4)issues with vehicle locking in drop track leading to a completely shredded RV. Idk what to believe any more about this thing.
worst case scenario...they're all correct :lol:......Seriously though, on the trackless system, I think Disneyhead probably nailed the Chinese reference, namely the sensors that ultimately were ripped out & replaced. Mice Chat didn't say it was Chinese vehicles, only referred to the trackless system as Chinese.. .