Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Alright, just to sum up what’s happening:

Orlando’s getting Death Eaters (Like we wanted)

A ton of properties that I’d love to see are being considered

Something called Route 666 is on early entry schedules

Thriller would be an amazing maze for SS29. I like that they're considering video games again.
Wait, huh? Are we already speculating? Was there something I missed? :eek:O:

I received the survey email as well. Was thoroughly surprised and pleased with some of the options listed.. :)

If I’m being honest, and I’ve been on this page for a while now, I think we need an overall refresh to the Creative/R&D team structures. The event is scaling larger and larger each year, and while improving, it needs a breath of fresh air in some areas. I think Orlando should influence our coast’s event more than it currently does in terms of thematic integrity, scarezones, icons, and originals.

I received the survey email as well. Was thoroughly surprised and pleased with some of the options listed.. :)

If I’m being honest, and I’ve been on this page for a while now, I think we need an overall refresh to the Creative/R&D team structures. The event is scaling larger and larger each year, and while improving, it needs a breath of fresh air in some areas. I think Orlando should influence our coast’s event more than it currently does in terms of thematic integrity, scarezones, icons, and originals.
I think so too. Maybe doing half originals and half IPs would help and would also potentially help with the budget.

Welp, it’s packed. Did Creepshow first as that opened at 6:00 then went into FMTW but that didn’t open in time so everyone paraded to GB. Looks like it’s going to be fairly packed tonight.

They sent me an email early this morning regarding HHN 2020 and Thriller was one of the properties on the list.
Oh snap totally missed that post. If WB is back on the table, I can see WB may be the only studio they license out to aside from maybe Lionsgate to save money. As much as I want to see Hellraiser and Scream, I don’t see those two happening because of Dimension.

But if they do WB, I can see the main IPs be It, Conjuring, Beetlejuice, and Arkham Asylum. THAT would be a killer line up!

Goosebumps would be another childhood dream come true. I’m shocked beetlejuice wasn’t on that list of properties though. Five Nights at Freddy’s coming to the event would be quite the meme

I wish they would stop with the clowns, they are not scary lol. As much as I love Ghostbusters and stranger things they were my least favorite especially stranger. As my sis and I were walking she said are we just going through a picture book? It was the longest wait due to fol and VIP for nothing. I wish they'd go darker with their choices and I'm jealous how universal studios Japan gets resident evil.

Welp, it’s packed. Did Creepshow first as that opened at 6:00 then went into FMTW but that didn’t open in time so everyone paraded to GB. Looks like it’s going to be fairly packed tonight.
Wait times seem okay based on the app. Us is 10, Pandora is 20, HofaTC and Holidayz are 20...longest lines are GB and ST at 60. It’s early still, but you could knock out some big ones pretty easily right now.

Wait times seem okay based on the app. Us is 10, Pandora is 20, HofaTC and Holidayz are 20...longest lines are GB and ST at 60. It’s early still, but you could knock out some big ones pretty easily right now.

Always, always, always go on a Thursday or a Sunday. I went on a Friday last year and it suuuuuuucked

Resident Evil is my all time biggest want, even more than Scream. Also, Miramax/Dimension is being bought out soon, so if that happens by say... February, there's a good chance you could see those properties in 2020. I even think Scream's rights were settled, since season 3 of the show was released on VH1 and now on Netflix.

I wish Pandora and Us, since they're so close to each other, did the Knotts route by having a queue for two mazes and just going through them back-to-back. That would certainly help with one less line to go through. The exit for Us literally goes up to the entrance of Pandora. Just would have to knock out the Pandora pre-show, which isn't being strict at this point anyway.

I feel like strategically, this year is a bit impossible because there's 4 mazes that could potentially get up to 3 hour waits. That's Us, KKFOS, Stranger Things, and Ghostbusters. These are all spread in different parts of the park. You're going to have to bite the bullet on one of them and Us seems to be the hardest one to get to the quickest if you're already on the backlot. This is why Early Entry HAS to be at 5 PM. And why the park MUST close at 2 AM.

Resident Evil is my all time biggest want, even more than Scream. Also, Miramax/Dimension is being bought out soon, so if that happens by say... February, there's a good chance you could see those properties in 2020. I even think Scream's rights were settled, since season 3 of the show was released on VH1 and now on Netflix.

I wish Pandora and Us, since they're so close to each other, did the Knotts route by having a queue for two mazes and just going through them back-to-back. That would certainly help with one less line to go through. The exit for Us literally goes up to the entrance of Pandora. Just would have to knock out the Pandora pre-show, which isn't being strict at this point anyway.

Resident Evil is owned by Columbia, the Ghostbusters folks, so maybeeeeeeeee.

Resident Evil is owned by Columbia, the Ghostbusters folks, so maybeeeeeeeee.
I'd be hoping for the game, and steering far from the movies. Which at that point, I think they'd just have to deal with Capcom. Which Japan has done twice now, and Orlando has already done once. I think one of the other parks had a really cool scarezone once, too. So it's like... c'mon Hollywood, I know you can do it!

About Spawn, if they can't do the movie, they should try doing the comics. I recommend everyone in this thread to read Spawn comics. It is amazing, and I think would make a great addition to HHN. They have done movie, tv shows, video games, and music. I think they should stretch a bit and start doing doing comic books that are dark like Hellboy, Preacher, Hack n Slash, Dark Knights Metal, and more.

About Spawn, if they can't do the movie, they should try doing the comics. I recommend everyone in this thread to read Spawn comics. It is amazing, and I think would make a great addition to HHN. They have done movie, tv shows, video games, and music. I think they should stretch a bit and start doing doing comic books that are dark like Hellboy, Preacher, Hack n Slash, Dark Knights Metal, and more.

Oh man I would love them to start looking at comics like Hack/Slash and Metal, but I feel like that's gonna be a non-starter for the GA.