Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I think that depends on your definition of "proper SNW land." To the best of my knowledge, we are getting themed areas, play areas, and a "divider" in the form of the Super Mario pipe, similar to the gate to Hogsmeade. A little small, but also plenty of room for expansion.

Now that i think about it, is this new land gonna be layered like Osaka? I mean, it would make sense if they went that route. More verticality would help the land feel more open and expansive, even if it's on a small plot of land.

(Oops nvm, Jamesh answered my question beforehand. Thank you J!)

What are the chances we aren’t getting a proper Super Nintendo World and it’s just a ride and then maybe some adjacent theming, like a place to meet characters and maybe a snack shack? Think Despicable Me without a Super Silly Fun Land.

I’m not up to speed with blueprints/permits/what-have-you, but based on how construction currently looks, it sorta seems that way.

This will be SNW in the sense of the immersive level and scale. Even if it's not going to be as fleshed out initially--it'll be added onto. It's also going to retain the verticality as far as I'm mistaken.

Even if it's just Mario Kart, the interactive elements, and some shopping and dining; this won't be the only time for Nintendo at Universal Hollywood.

What armenian was referring too (and @armenianmovieman can correct me), is the Virtual Walk Around Areas that were created in anticipation of Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley for WWoHP back in the past (along with when they had overview videos of the land).

See OI's video as proof of it existing for the Virtual Walk-Arounds:

And an example of the Overview video:

I'd assume Nintendo and Universal are both working together on ways to help explain and tell people more of the land, and if there is connectivity with Nintendo Switch; direct instructions on how that'll work with connectivity (even if you aren't in the land).

Huh. Ok then. That's actually pretty cool. Hope they do that with SNW.

Thanks for the replies! What I was actually referring to was the fact that if there's supposed to be an actual Nintendo "World" with warp pipes, shops, and areas to just walk around (just like Harry Potter), but all we have so far is a tiny area where the Mario Kart building is being constructed, an area for Peach's Castle?, and seemingly no room for these aforementioned walking around areas and shops and restaurants (Calling Mushroom Burger now! haha) unless more stuff downstairs gets demolished.

Peach's Castle is, I'm assuming, going into the empty lot next to it? Meaning there's not gonna be much area to walk around and have shops and "interactive experiences" unless surrounding stages go...... or Peach's (or even Bowser's?!) castle go on top of Mario Kart?

Isn't Studio Cafe only open on peak days though? I recall it being closed for an extended amount of time at one point. Losing that would not be a major blow. Bathrooms on the other hand is where the real issue is.

Isn't Studio Cafe only open on peak days though? I recall it being closed for an extended amount of time at one point. Losing that would not be a major blow. Bathrooms on the other hand is where the real issue is.
The restroom location on the lower lot is HUGE and just got renovated! I imagine they'll work around that building a focus on the panda/studio cafe portion to the right of it.

What else is in that central area now? Panda, Grab n Go, Starbucks and restroom block? Anything else?

I'm actualy really wondering what they do with the wall around SNW - they could have a number of F&B buildings backing up against it if they wanted - and it would be a good use of space and help hide the land.

Thanks for the replies! What I was actually referring to was the fact that if there's supposed to be an actual Nintendo "World" with warp pipes, shops, and areas to just walk around (just like Harry Potter), but all we have so far is a tiny area where the Mario Kart building is being constructed, an area for Peach's Castle?, and seemingly no room for these aforementioned walking around areas and shops and restaurants (Calling Mushroom Burger now! haha) unless more stuff downstairs gets demolished.

Peach's Castle is, I'm assuming, going into the empty lot next to it? Meaning there's not gonna be much area to walk around and have shops and "interactive experiences" unless surrounding stages go...... or Peach's (or even Bowser's?!) castle go on top of Mario Kart?

Oh... So i was right.

You know, this is the perfect opportunity to go "i told you so" and act like a complete tool but i'm gonna take the higher ground here.

Fyi I'm on the studio tour right now and just rolled by a sound stage with three females in Mario world costuming. Was not able to get a photo.

If i we're to guess, that's a sign that construction has reached a "this project is too large to keep a secret anymore" levels. Probably will use those costumes in a grand unveiling.

I don't know if anyone has info on this but does anyone know how far into construction Hogsmeade was when they announced the arrival of WWOHP?

I don't know if anyone has info on this but does anyone know how far into construction Hogsmeade was when they announced the arrival of WWOHP?
The first WWoHP Hollywood announcement was actually in 2011, a full two years before construction began! However, the opening date announcement wasn't until December 2015, less than six months before it opened. I would expect a more detailed announcement about SNW sometime mid-2020.

The first WWoHP Hollywood announcement was actually in 2011, a full two years before construction began! However, the opening date announcement wasn't until December 2015, less than six months before it opened. I would expect a more detailed announcement about SNW sometime mid-2020.

Oh WOW ok. That's a lot earlier than I expected. What's with the silent lip then? I mean, they've already announced that Nintendo is coming to USH and it's not like Hagrid's where they would be setting a deadline on themselves. I don't see any risks or losses that could come from revealing the project at this point in time.

Oh WOW ok. That's a lot earlier than I expected. What's with the silent lip then? I mean, they've already announced that Nintendo is coming to USH and it's not like Hagrid's where they would be setting a deadline on themselves. I don't see any risks or losses that could come from revealing the project at this point in time.

Tom Williams (who runs UPR) has mentioned that they're trying to not detract people from visiting the parks when they are adding new attractions and experiences on the constant.

Sometimes though, they do publicly speak of certain large projects about a year off from the opening of said project (like when they did DWT, JW, and Pet's announcements), sometimes it's much larger. Nintendo for Hollywood's already been confirmed, but they've merely just not given a date or timeframe to speak off (they did this for Hogsmeade too).

Oh... So i was right.

You know, this is the perfect opportunity to go "i told you so" and act like a complete tool but i'm gonna take the higher ground here.

I misunderstood you; I thought you were referring to the Hagrid video itself.

I was referring to the fact that Wizarding World is a fairly big space with shops and restaurants AND rides; the construction we're seeing seems fit enough for a castle and the Mario Kart ride and that's it.... was just speculating that there's gotta be way more knocking down to go to have those wide open Hogsmeade-like spaces.

I misunderstood you; I thought you were referring to the Hagrid video itself.

I was referring to the fact that Wizarding World is a fairly big space with shops and restaurants AND rides; the construction we're seeing seems fit enough for a castle and the Mario Kart ride and that's it.... was just speculating that there's gotta be way more knocking down to go to have those wide open Hogsmeade-like spaces.

Wizarding World: Hogsmeade is a big space... I'm sorry, since when?

I mean, if we we're to count on just pure square mileage than having two of IOA's largest rides, Forbidden Journey and Hagrid's, makes Hogsmeade a big land.

However, if your talking about space to walk-around which i presuming you are, stepping inside literally any of the stores in Hogsmeade will prove that the land is anything but "wide and open".

I imagine all that’s left to demo for phase 1 would be related to creating a new entrance path to the area. So, maybe Panda, or something else could go, but it wouldn’t be about adding more to Mushroom Kingdom, just creating a way to get there. My take on it anyway.
This tbh

Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe the warp pipe could go through the show building?

If the building ends up being multi-purpose and the positioning of the land's landmarks are moved, that seems like a simple solution that wouldn't disturb the existing lower lot.