Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

They couldve easily pulled a Zola, and just have a Spider-Man ride with the MCU style, to the Mysterio crew. It doesnt even have to have Jake, as he's only one part to it.

Oh come on, Mysterio's pretty classic. He's not Green Goblin or Venom, but plenty of people know him.
After what we saw from FFH, taking advantage of Mysterio to create some incredibly trippy (practical and screen-based) dark ride elements/effects was a huge HUGE missed opportunity.

Imagine having your ride vehicle enter what seems to be a mirror maze with multiple Mysterios appearing behind the mirrors (two-way mirror effect), and then suddenly you're in an infinity mirror room surrounded by thousands of Mysterios.
For the rides to be a part of MCU, you’re going to have to assume that the story is going to be canon.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember them saying that the theme park universe exists in its own universe, back when Mission Breakout was a whole big thing. I'm not sure, though.
I don't think the general audience would question it though.

After what we saw from FFH, taking advantage of Mysterio to create some incredibly trippy (practical and screen-based) dark ride elements/effects was a huge HUGE missed opportunity.

Imagine having your ride vehicle enter what seems to be a mirror maze with multiple Mysterios appearing behind the mirrors (two-way mirror effect), and then suddenly you're in an infinity mirror room surrounded by thousands of Mysterios.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember them saying that the theme park universe exists in its own universe, back when Mission Breakout was a whole big thing. I'm not sure, though.
I don't think the general audience would question it though.
Don't worry, there's a second chance at a missed opportunity for Mysterio if they don't use him in a Doctor Strange show.

A while back they did confirm that the Marvel Theme Park Universe isn't canon to the MCU. I think that is a better approach since Galaxy's Edge kind of suffers since everything that happens there has to be something that can fit in the official Star Wars canon.

I really hope the Avengers ride isn't another screen heavy ride or simulator.

For the rides to be a part of MCU, you’re going to have to assume that the story is going to be canon.

They mentioned that Iron Man would be featured somewhere in the land, so I don’t think it’s canon at all.

I really hope the Avengers ride isn't another screen heavy ride or simulator.

The general consensus seems to be Flight of Passage with jetpacks, which sounds fun, but incredibly disappointing knowing what they could actually do with the IP.

True and he would make an excellent villain, especially if it was screen based but spoilers...

...did he survive?

He's Mysterio. Surely they could pull a "oh, he was actually an illusion this whole time" stunt.
Don't worry, there's a second chance at a missed opportunity for Mysterio if they don't use him in a Doctor Strange show.

Wouldn't Strange be able to see right through the illusion though?

He's Mysterio. Surely they could pull a "oh, he was actually an illusion this whole time" stunt.

Wouldn't Strange be able to see right through the illusion though?

Even if he’s dead, he can still pull some tricks

The more I think about it, the more I want that as the ride. That 3 minute scene in the movie was something but in person, it would be something else.

As a die-hard Spider-man fan I’m incredibly excited for this project. I will actually go to California Adventure the first day this ride opens. Keep in mind I’ve never been to the state of California before.

Last edited:
As a Spider-man fan, I look at the concept and the whole WEB story with Spiderbots and I think, this has nothing to do with MCU Spider-man or Spider-man in general. Nothing about this has anything to do with why I love Spider-man. They're come up with a contrived story line when they literally have decades of story to work with that's way better. The reason why the musical was a failure was because it got away from the things that people love about Spider-man. I fear this will be the same. It's a Spider-man ride for Disney Fans, Not a ride for Spider-man fans.

As a Spider-man fan, I look at the concept and the whole WEB story with Spiderbots and I think, this has nothing to do with MCU Spider-man or Spider-man in general. Nothing about this has anything to do with why I love Spider-man. They're come up with a contrived story line when they literally have decades of story to work with that's way better. The reason why the musical was a failure was because it got away from the things that people love about Spider-man. I fear this will be the same. It's a Spider-man ride for Disney Fans, Not a ride for Spider-man fans.

I have an slightly different take on it:
Like Galaxys Edge this is an attraction based on an IP the imagineers either don't love or don't understand.
That appears to be the biggest problem at Disney right now IMO.

It would be interesting to know what Scott Trowbridge thinks of the concept his Imagineering colleagues have come up with for this, given that he's significantly responsible for the definitive Spider-Man ride.

I have an slightly different take on it:
Like Galaxys Edge this is an attraction based on an IP the imagineers either don't love or don't understand.
That appears to be the biggest problem at Disney right now IMO.
Just look at the Avengers campus. Imagineering needs a revamp honestly. If you can't properly handle properties like Marvel/Star Wars, yikes. That being said ill wait to judge until this opens but the entire Avengers area just screams massive disappointment to me.