Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Tips & Tricks

Has anyone visited the cabana bay stranger things photo op?

Looked good online, worth a walk from the Hard Rock Hotel?

We have. :)

I would say yes. It's two sets you can take pictures in, but the staircase leading up to the 2nd floor is also decorated. And take a good look at the signs around the queue in that area.

Hey, one more question. Experienced HHN Hollywood guy going to Orlando for only his 2nd time. I've asked a few questions already, but we were seeing that a 50% express pass is sometimes available after 11pm--if they have any left. Does past experience indicate if they'd have any left for this Friday night?

I may not be the best source because I’ve only done it once, but I’ve never known for them to sell out. I usually scope out the stand on the way out because it’s one of the hidden gems I learned about here a few years ago and have passed along to friends.

Also, somone correct me if this is wrong, but I thought you can purchase the discounted Express before 11pm so you can start using it right at 11. I wouldn’t try to buy it when you arrive for the night, but if you pop by a kiosk at like 10:30 it’s worth a shot to ask.

Hey, one more question. Experienced HHN Hollywood guy going to Orlando for only his 2nd time. I've asked a few questions already, but we were seeing that a 50% express pass is sometimes available after 11pm--if they have any left. Does past experience indicate if they'd have any left for this Friday night?
I dont believe they sell the half off Express before night of. But you can buy it as soon as you get it. That way you can have it ready to go right at 11.

I may not be the best source because I’ve only done it once, but I’ve never known for them to sell out. I usually scope out the stand on the way out because it’s one of the hidden gems I learned about here a few years ago and have passed along to friends.

Also, somone correct me if this is wrong, but I thought you can purchase the discounted Express before 11pm so you can start using it right at 11. I wouldn’t try to buy it when you arrive for the night, but if you pop by a kiosk at like 10:30 it’s worth a shot to ask.

Thanks! Is there a particular kiosk, and if so, where is it located?

We are headed down 10/17 for our first trip in 10 years. Will have express and be S&S eligible. Will want to see every house, maybe GB twice (which I think gives away the answer), we will do rides on other days.

Anyone come up with the best route yet? Do we stay on Finns, hit GB standby, then just use express? Or stay in Simpson’s, hit 3-4 houses quick without express (in case we want bonus runs later)? Probably overthinking things.

Just double checking as answers always vary, but you can still take in metal thermoses to HHN, right?

Universal on Twitter said 1 sealed water bottle, and empty thermoses. Of course, they answered none at first. As usual, their answers are all over the place.

Thanks! Is there a particular kiosk, and if so, where is it located?
The one I was referring to is right by the Universal Store at the front of the park, but there are a bunch in the park. The other one that comes to mind immediately is by Richterburger.

The Express pass is definitely money well spent. We went last Friday and did all 10 houses before 8:30 (without Stay and Scream). The posted times were as high as 90 minutes for the popular houses..... we walked right in the Stranger Things in 5 minutes when it had a 85 minute posted wait. Expensive, but a great way to see everything.

Some tips and tricks from our visit this weekend...

Simpson’s Stay and Scream is dead and will allow you to do all back 5 houses within the first hour of park opening (order is Monsters > Depths > HOTC > Nightingales > Graveyard). We even asked to do Universal Monsters again since there was no line and ops let us; so 6 house runs within the first hour of park opening.

GB and/or ST stay and Scream will allow you to do one or the other plus Us before park opening. Ops will hold you in Production Central and New York until the park officially opens. Yeti and KK opened along with the park each day.

When exiting Monsters and Graveyard Games, part of the ET queue will be open to relieve congestion; keep an eye out for that.

The back of the park was dead around 12:40 AM during 1 AM closes. We walked into HOTC and UM with no wait and ended up being alone during those house runs.

Go to Hellbilly Deluxe around midnight. It’s crowded enough to get a couple scares, but not too crowded that bottle necks happen around the stages. I really appreciate the design of this zone and having the ability to move from stage to stage or stand next to the go-go dancers and look around is pretty sweet. Also, no lines for the photo ops if that’s your thing.

How is Friday in comparison to other days in the week? Wondering if I should do Thursday or Friday later this week

How is Friday in comparison to other days in the week? Wondering if I should do Thursday or Friday later this week

Can only speak to my experience this past weekend. Thur was the least crowded. Friday wasn’t too bad, just more drunks.

Some tips and tricks from our visit this weekend...

Simpson’s Stay and Scream is dead and will allow you to do all back 5 houses within the first hour of park opening (order is Monsters > Depths > HOTC > Nightingales > Graveyard). We even asked to do Universal Monsters again since there was no line and ops let us; so 6 house runs within the first hour of park opening.

GB and/or ST stay and Scream will allow you to do one or the other plus Us before park opening. Ops will hold you in Production Central and New York until the park officially opens. Yeti and KK opened along with the park each day.

When exiting Monsters and Graveyard Games, part of the ET queue will be open to relieve congestion; keep an eye out for that.

The back of the park was dead around 12:40 AM during 1 AM closes. We walked into HOTC and UM with no wait and ended up being alone during those house runs.

Go to Hellbilly Deluxe around midnight. It’s crowded enough to get a couple scares, but not too crowded that bottle necks happen around the stages. I really appreciate the design of this zone and having the ability to move from stage to stage or stand next to the go-go dancers and look around is pretty sweet. Also, no lines for the photo ops if that’s your thing.

That's really helpful. What would you say would be a good order for starting with Stay and scream at Finnegans?

That's really helpful. What would you say would be a good order for starting with Stay and scream at Finnegans?

Line up for Ghostbusters by 4:30 PM and do GB > US > Yeti > KK > Graveyard > UM > Nightingales > Depths > HOTC. Circle back to anything with a shorter wait and hit ST in the last 30 min of park closing.

Another word of advice: if you're lining up for GB or ST S&S, bring an umbrella for shade. We saw someone pass out Thursday night in the ST line because it was so hot.