Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Stranger Things

I watched season 3. I wonder how much of season 3 will be in this house? I don't realistically see this returning next year based on season 3 as I don't think there's enough maze material.

I mean, you have the environments. You have the mall, the hospital, the funhouse/carnival, and the Russian Base. The lab is basically abandoned. I can see them using the first three environments in the house this year, but if they just did season 3 next year, there aren't really enough interesting characters to justify a full-house. The hospital has enough to work with as you have the possessed news writers and the mind frayer, but other than that, it would just be Billy and the Russians. You can only have so many of those scareactors before it doesn't become interesting.

Just watched all three seasons in the last 4 days (wow this is my new favorite show. Y’all were right), and season 3 definitely has the most potential for a maze finale.

The gory mindflayer could be a great puppet effect, and the flayed could be great for populating the maze with more actors. Also the gas mask Russians are visually pretty awesome, as well as the regularly military uniform clad Russians, leading me to believe they could be some of the final scares in the maze this year.

Just watched all three seasons in the last 4 days (wow this is my new favorite show. Y’all were right), and season 3 definitely has the most potential for a maze finale.

The gory mindflayer could be a great puppet effect, and the flayed could be great for populating the maze with more actors. Also the gas mask Russians are visually pretty awesome, as well as the regularly military uniform clad Russians, leading me to believe they could be some of the final scares in the maze this year.
It'll be weird to have the russians at the ending, since they'll be there out of nowhere, and people who haven't seen Stranger Things would be like "who are these guys?"

I suppose the Russians will be scattered throughout the season 3 section, like Starcourt and the Lab. But I don't think they will be the final scare. I am leaning and hoping that it's the Demogorgon itself based on the season's epilogue.

I think you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think we're getting lab and Starcourt mall sequences. I'd love to be surprised, but it's been hinted to expect a sort of cameo of Season 3 content, not multiple scenes.

Have a double-team scare with Steve charging you on the left with his bat and Dustin coming at you on the right, screaming his lungs out while spraying you with Farrah Fawcett Hair Spray.

From what I saw in the video, I'd just add some scares and scareactors in the first 1/3. The rest of the maze is fine, but I'd make the scares that are in the middle 2/3 section more aggressive, and keep the final 3rd of the maze pretty much how it is. Oh, and a facade.

Personally I'd shorten the underground tunnels and add a few more unique locations and show scenes like the bus in the junkyard, the arcade, and Eleven closing the gate. Maybe cut out the season 3 section and Will with the smokey mind flayer to make room. One of the major pitfalls I personally find with this maze is that a lot of the locations feel played out already, since we've seen pretty much the same ones in the past.