Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Was very close to biting the bullet and going on Monday after HHN, but the inconsistency of this ride made me decide to wait another few months. Maybe by January they will have things figured out.

Shouldn’t we expect it to close with the park, like everything else?

Sure. But I wasn't sure what the OP meant by "normal schedule".

Was very close to biting the bullet and going on Monday after HHN, but the inconsistency of this ride made me decide to wait another few months. Maybe by January they will have things figured out.

lol

Sure. But I wasn't sure what the OP meant by "normal schedule".

I understood what you meant. :thumbsup: Ideal? No.
But normal? It's normalized for the most part.
The move to park open and early closures is much better than the converse; which it was before (And many of us lauded as being a bad idea).

Lots of things don’t run open to close. Food. Shows. Attractions. Etc.

This is a hilarious take.

*glares at GotG*
*glares at Mario Kart*

We’re just glaring at unopened attractions, right?
Otherwise, I fail to see any point to your post.
That’s right. You’d rather wait six months for perfection than a ride that’s open and running at 60% capacity.

*glares at Rocket Rods*
*glares at FoP* (all the theaters running consistently yet?)

But this is their flagship attraction. It should be open early and late. If Disney's new ride were down any significant time people would rail them.

Instead those same people are criticizing Disney for not being crowded enough.

Theme park wars are dumb.

Hagrid not operating as planned has literally nothing to do with Disney at all.

It’s also unlike any other Disney attraction, including RotR and Pandora. So comparing them is also pointless.

All theme parks make mistakes. You don’t need to pick sides.

That’s right. You’d rather wait six months for perfection than a ride that’s open and running at 60% capacity.

*glares at Rocket Rods*
*glares at FoP* (all the theaters running consistently yet?)
No... it just simply had nothing to do with the subject matter at hand. Myself and everyone criticized that in the SW:GE thread. It’s a unilateral complaint that almost everyone can agree on; that RoTR should have opened with the land.
But we’re discussing Hagrid’s and it’s early closures and yet you somehow feel the need to bring an unopened ride into it. To... distract? I don’t get it.

Honestly, I’m curious why you typed so much.
“Dizney iz dumb dumb, Universal iz good good” would’ve been shorter.

No... it just simply had nothing to do with the subject matter at hand. Myself and everyone criticized that in the SW:GE thread. It’s a unilateral complaint that almost everyone can agree on; that RoTR should have opened with the land.
But we’re discussing Hagrid’s and it’s early closures and yet you somehow feel the need to bring an unopened ride into it. To... distract? I don’t get it.

Honestly, I’m curious why you typed so much.
“Dizney iz dumb dumb, Universal iz good good” would’ve been shorter.
Except my initial “glare” was responding to a post implying that this sort of failed opening doesn’t happen at Disney.

“If Disney's new ride were down any significant time people would rail them.”

Thus, highlighting failed openings of Disney rides is relevant to immediate conversation at hand.

Honestly, I’m curious why you typed so much. “Back to topic” would have been better.

Instead those same people are criticizing Disney for not being crowded enough.

That’s not what’s going on and you know it.

But this is their flagship attraction. It should be open early and late. If Disney's new ride were down any significant time people would rail them.

There’s a double standard. Radiator Springs Racers closed randomly opening year and had delayed openings in the morning. Do you remember that now? Do you remember an outcry?

Just as we shouldn’t always be comparing each park and resort on every nail and tile it’s foolish to think Disney hasn’t had the same, if not worse, issues with attractions. It’s beyond “theme park wars” and into willful ignorance.

failed openings of Disney rides

Delayed openings does not equal early closures and down ride time. Those are completely separate issues.
A delayed opening is (still) entirely irrelevant to @SailwiththeTide's point.
But I suppose if you make the goalpost big enough, anyone can score.

Radiator Springs Racers closed randomly opening year and had delayed openings in the morning. Do you remember that now? Do you remember an outcry?
There is an attraction that is actually comparable and a valid point. Unlike RoTR.

Follow-up question: How long did RSR have delayed openings after it was open?

Last edited:
Delayed openings does not equal early closures and down ride time. Those are completely separate issues.
A delayed opening is (still) entirely irrelevant to @SailwiththeTide's point.
But I suppose if you make the goalpost big enough, anyone can score.

There is an attraction that is actually comparable and a valid point. Unlike RoTR.

Follow-up question: How long did RSR have delayed openings after it was open?

RSR still has delayed openings from time to time, but my point is that Hagrids is a flagship attraction and it has been really inconsistent. Sure it's new and they are working the bugs out but I mention Disney because I am impressed how they are able to maintain uptime with their long operating hours. WDW has more operating hours than Islands and they are able keep the attractions running. I am not trying to stoke the fire on theme park wars and my original comment was lazy.

RSR still has delayed openings from time to time, but my point is that Hagrids is a flagship attraction and it has been really inconsistent.

I think if RSRs had opened in Orlando in the Summer it would have been just as inconsistent. The rainy season hurt Hagrid as much as anything for the first few months.

RSR still has delayed openings from time to time, but my point is that Hagrids is a flagship attraction and it has been really inconsistent. Sure it's new and they are working the bugs out but I mention Disney because I am impressed how they are able to maintain uptime with their long operating hours. WDW has more operating hours than Islands and they are able keep the attractions running. I am not trying to stoke the fire on theme park wars and my original comment was lazy.
actually WDW has cut their operating hours the past few years while Universal has increased theirs. There's no longer the big difference like it was a few years back. MK now has significantly earlier closing than Disneyland.