General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Except it literally isn't.

Pray tell; at what point of the queue on FJ do they hold the line; single out and ask the overweight person to get into the ride vehicle while everyone waits and watches for it to turn green or not, and then allow them back in line before continuing the flow?

Right after the Gryffindor Common Room, before the sorting hat.

iu

You can make out the test seat on the left.

Last edited:
Right after the Gryffindor Common Room, before the sorting hat.

iu

You can make out the test seat on the left.

And that's Orlando and still used?

I quite honestly don't recall that being there in my 50+ rides. If your kid is of questionable height, you go off on the left side bypassing that small line and measure at ride entrance.

It is very dark in that room, so maybe that's why I've never noticed. Whereas in Hagrid's, it is bright and I noticed it immediately. I will almost assuredly never have an issue with weight baring something tragic, so the embarrassing check doesn't affect me personally. But it was incredibly noticeable and stood out at Hagrid's, IMO.

Reactions: tankart150

I quite honestly don't recall that being there in my 50+ rides. If your kid is of questionable height, you go off on the left side bypassing that small line and measure at ride entrance.

It is very dark in that room, so maybe that's why I've never noticed. Whereas in Hagrid's, it is bright and I noticed it immediately. I will almost assuredly never have an issue with weight baring something tragic, so the embarrassing check doesn't affect me personally. But it was incredibly noticeable and stood out at Hagrid's, IMO.
What do you want them to do? There is a test seat in front but 99% of the people that should test don't. It's embarrassing but do you want the ops to slow down to a snails pace because they have to pull people off the ride because they don't fit? Six Flags Magic Mountain has an issue on Twisted Colossus. They don't have a test seat and so sometimes it take 2 or 3 operators to try to push on the lap bar on some people. and I have seen where it has taken over 5 min to try to get someone to fit and ultimately they don't.

Yea, the test seat has always been there, to the left of where the line is split by Team Members in the common room... However, it's not just there for those TMs to test people of larger size... it is also strategically located right behind the door by load... That way the last TM right before the moving walkway can send guests out that door to be tested if they're having issues getting on the ride.

Reactions: Andysol
It's embarrassing but do you want the ops to slow down to a snails pace because they have to pull people off the ride because they don't fit?
Absolutely not. They should certainly test and do it exactly the way they are doing it. Currently, they don't help at the person click it in the test seat like they may do other rides either. Which is also good- they wouldn't be able to help on a moving belt. So the fact they do it the way they do it isn't just fine, it's necessary.

What do you want them to do?
Now that, I do have a solution. Instead of holding up the line at the entrance of the driving above you queue room (I need a better name for this), they should simply move them to test seat (which can now be more closed-off) and let the line free-flow where people aren't literally stopped with the sole purpose to observe someone fit or not. Then, after they fit, they can go down the same lane a child swap person would (or where you would go for a re-ride if it broke).

This actually allows them to cut in line by a couple dozen people, which isn't ideal, but at least you don't create an embarrassing situation.

Look, I'm not a sensitive person. And I'm never going to get weight checked. It just really stood out to me last time as the people in front of us got pulled over. It was ridiculous enough that my wife even said something to me (and she is also not sensitive). I've ridden it maybe 6 times and one we felt terrible for them doing it in front of everyone (I can imagine how she felt) and the other the lady didn't fit and was crying. And there we are just staring at her since the TM was holding us up for that reason.
It's just not necessary and was poorly thought out.

However, it's not just there for those TMs to test people of larger size... it is also strategically located right behind the door by load... That way the last TM right before the moving walkway can send guests out that door to be tested if they're having issues getting on the ride.
Good to know, and smart. I suppose it being so dark I just completely overlooked it.

Last edited:
sorry if repeated but one of the things I heard directly from team members is this ride gets absolutely f**ked when people with special assistance/needs get on late especially if they are trying to run this with a lot of trains. Absurdly popular rides like forbidden journey or cars can cycle people in but this ride cannot. If you mess up the flow you gotta cycle trains empty at times before new people get on.

Universal is notorious for creating rides that aren't very inclusive. Often, at a later date, things change (a bit) for some seats. I wish Universal would make it more of a priority to include taller and larger guests during development.

Universal is notorious for creating rides that aren't very inclusive. Often, at a later date, things change (a bit) for some seats. I wish Universal would make it more of a priority to include taller and larger guests during development.
As long as it doesn't compromise the integrity of the ride I'm for this.

sorry if repeated but one of the things I heard directly from team members is this ride gets absolutely f**ked when people with special assistance/needs get on late especially if they are trying to run this with a lot of trains. Absurdly popular rides like forbidden journey or cars can cycle people in but this ride cannot. If you mess up the flow you gotta cycle trains empty at times before new people get on.

Of course. Almost a third of your rides on haunted mansion will stop and say “a ghost has temporarily apprehended your vehicle” or something of that degree. Why? Special assistance and the belt stopped.
FJ and Hagrids can’t stop without seriously affecting the ride. So it’s a trade-off of capacity w/ the moving belt or not.

Personally, I’m glad they do it the way they do. It sucks for the 1%, but it benefits the 99%. Then again, I fall in that 99% range, so obviously I’m going to prefer it that way.

To my original point, I’m glad they do it; I just wish they did it more discretely on Hagrids.

When I was there in September, they were pulling people out of line to check and letting the line keep moving.
That’s an improvement. And while it sucks for them having people bypass them, it’s better than the embarrassment. I was there September the week after Labor Day and they were holding it up, so maybe they changed it. The hold up of the line certainly made it worse/more obvious; as everyone had nothing to do but just watch as we waited for the TM to restart the line.

Last edited:
Forbidden Journey has a second, hidden loading zone on a non-moving belt behind the regular loading zone. It’s used for ADA and guests that need more time. It uses a track switch, so the rest of the ride doesn’t need to stop.

Even some coasters with moving load platforms have something similar. I believe Cobra’s Curse at Busch Gardens Tampa does for example. Can Hagrid’s not do that?

Forbidden Journey has a second, hidden loading zone on a non-moving belt behind the regular loading zone. It’s used for ADA and guests that need more time. It uses a track switch, so the rest of the ride doesn’t need to stop.

Even some coasters with moving load platforms have something similar. I believe Cobra’s Curse at Busch Gardens Tampa does for example. Can Hagrid’s not do that?

Hagrid has a train thats side car can slide out for load.