Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

I wouldn't mind it going for 2 reasons, 1) I hate intense roller coasters and B) frees up space for other stuff. Even still, I don't mind how it looks and like people have mentioned its a small footprint.

I don't know what the Universal GSAT's are, but I seem to recall insiders privy to the info said they were OK....Touring Plans has GSAT's based on their guest surveys and it actually rates pretty high. On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest, it's scores range from 4.3 to 4.7 with every age demographic except Seniors.
It’s probably they same people that ride the Manhattan Express roller coaster at New York, NewYork in Vegas and love it. Gp will be GP.

The last few rides I had on this during HHN were dreadful. It's a huge shame this isn't a B&M hyper or anything else. New trains and a new indoor queue would be nice. Virtual Queue with some dance club aesthetic would cool. I still think the layout is solid, but the ride experience is just poor at this point.

Last edited:
First ever ride on this at HHN the other night, we did love the experience... there’s something hilariously funny about flying over USF listening to Fergie.

On the other hand, wow that’s a painful ride! I never suffer with any pains etc on rides but this really hurt our heads. We’ll maybe ride it once more in the daylight but unlikely again after that.

I do however love the kinetic energy it gives to the park especially at HHN.

I’ll always have fond memories of listening to Kanye on this, but it was super rough a few weeks ago. As others have said, typically a ride doesn’t bother me physically but my boyfriend and I only rode once. I guess I wouldn’t be upset if it stayed as I’d likely do it once a trip until it’s insufferable, but I’d just think they could do more here.

I remember a few months back there was talk of Universal buying dr Phillips high school, and potentially moving offices there. Was there any truth to that rumor? If so that gives them the chance to work with some more space in the future

I actually really like Rock-It. I don’t think it’s that rough. :shrug:

I mean, maybe it’s because I’ve been on truly awful coasters like Viper at SFMM or The Big One at Blackpool, but it’s not that bad.

I've been on plenty of rough coasters and HRRR is no where near the worst of the worst but comparing last year to my visit before that, it was in really bad shape.

I’ll always have fond memories of listening to Kanye on this, but it was super rough a few weeks ago. As others have said, typically a ride doesn’t bother me physically but my boyfriend and I only rode once. I guess I wouldn’t be upset if it stayed as I’d likely do it once a trip until it’s insufferable, but I’d just think they could do more here.

I remember a few months back there was talk of Universal buying dr Phillips high school, and potentially moving offices there. Was there any truth to that rumor? If so that gives them the chance to work with some more space in the future

Who knows. I think there was probably truth about Universal proposing the idea to the school but even if it happens, it will be a long time before anything happens.

I actually really like Rock-It. I don’t think it’s that rough. :shrug:

I mean, maybe it’s because I’ve been on truly awful coasters like Viper at SFMM or The Big One at Blackpool, but it’s not that bad.

I’ve never had an issue with the roughness. My issue is the coaster is dull as dirt. There’s a block break every 5 seconds. The thing has no pacing at all

Amazingly, according to insiders it ranks high on GSAT's. It also ranks high on Touring Plans' guest surveys. So, if the GP likes it, it's probably not going anywhere.

This is going to shock people here, but regular people really, really like roller coasters, no matter how bad they are

I agree with everyone how rough and painful the coaster is. I have Fibromyalgia, so I deal with chronic pain, however my nephews are down from DC where I grew up, and I had to ride it 4 times since 4 nephews, and my hubby doesn't like coasters. Well after 4 rides on this I say tear it out and put in a coaster like KBF has "HANG TIME", so it at least has the same type of lift. And yeah after 4 rides I had to take pain meds and sit out the rest of the time. So hopefully when we take them for HHN, none of them want to ride it. The coaster is No Bueno. I should of seen if they had the song from Suicide Squad "I'm A Sucker For Pain" so it would go perfect for each ride.

I’ll be honest, my bf and I jam and dance along to the music so I was moving my head while also hitting it from the coaster, which probably led to more impact haha. I’ll take a bit of blame here I guess. It’s funny they haven’t updated the songs but I love it because it makes me feel like I’m back at Universal in 2010 again :)

New songs is going to be a 2020 update isn’t it if Bourne bombs?
They will go and download all of the NOW THIS IS MUSIC CD's. How many of those CD's have been made, I think I may have some but don't know where. Hey make it more Immersive, where you can download and send the song to a computer so that when you board the train, you can just click your song you want to ride to. One way they don't have to get and or pay for other songs or update them, problem fixed (NOT).