Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually heard way earlier

I think Al2020 said they were originally hoping to soft by the end of this year. It seems like it's going fast, they had the whole ride system constructed before the building went up around it. So Christmas / early Jan I think wouldn't be unreasonable if we see walls come down in November.

tenor.gif

This year on the Studio Tour a guide said SLoP is coming later on this year! I even asked about it in this thread. And I even asked him\her at the end of the tour, to make sure they didn't misspeak. They said later this year.

If it's opening this year, I hope they start on the Baker street transformation soon, getting a bit concerned they are just going to open SLOP in Baker street rather than turning it into NY!

If it's opening this year, I hope they start on the Baker street transformation soon, getting a bit concerned they are just going to open SLOP in Baker street rather than turning it into NY!

I'd rather see the parisian plaza leveled completely for a full Illumination area. Regardless if they did do any work on that area it would start in jan after the holiday rush.

Honestly speaking, I can easily see them doing it more as "Set dressing"; as they could just reconfigure signage and logos for the area.

Y'know, especially if Parisian Courtyard's going in the next few years, it'd be better to just do minor tweaks until they fully demo.

I'd rather see the parisian plaza leveled completely for a full Illumination area. Regardless if they did do any work on that area it would start in jan after the holiday rush.

Agreed, but I would prefer them to get it done in time for the ride opening.

Honestly speaking, I can easily see them doing it more as "Set dressing"; as they could just reconfigure signage and logos for the area.

Y'know, especially if Parisian Courtyard's going in the next few years, it'd be better to just do minor tweaks until they fully demo.

Hope it's more substantial than that, but I'd take that over them doing nothing.

I think late this year might be a little premature. Forbidden Journey had team members on site for nearly 10 months before opening; Hippogriff was five months. Even though it's not a complicated ride, there are all sorts of testing and certifications that new rides have to undergo. As of right now, it's only 51 days until Thanksgiving and 78 until Christmas. That doesn't seem like enough time to get a new ride up and running.

Ehh you'd be surprised. The only thing I see holding this ride back from soft opening is the animatronics/ effects. But other than that I've been told to expect January softs at the latest

I think late this year might be a little premature. Forbidden Journey had team members on site for nearly 10 months before opening; Hippogriff was five months. Even though it's not a complicated ride, there are all sorts of testing and certifications that new rides have to undergo. As of right now, it's only 51 days until Thanksgiving and 78 until Christmas. That doesn't seem like enough time to get a new ride up and running.

I mean, Forbidden Journey and Hippogriff aren't stand alone rides. They sort of had to wait for the rest of the land to be ready to be open.

is anyone else bothered by how lazy and cheap this already looks with the blank soundstage walls instead of finishing the facade. Smh. In 2019 (2020).

I find it...weird, considering this isn't something new for UC in general: see Fallon in a strange sense.

Wish it was painted light blue to be somewhat masked, but I'm winning my battles elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.