The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Idk how violent they plan on going with the show but this is one of my fav fight sequences from the original trilogy. The flip mid fight is something i could picture being in the show but maybe not the choke out lol

Idk how violent they plan on going with the show but this is one of my fav fight sequences from the original trilogy. The flip mid fight is something i could picture being in the show but maybe not the choke out lol

Considering most of Bourne has been PG-13, it should go down similar to the stunt work that Waterworld does (considering Stuntacular seems to be having Action Horizon's involvement) for the sake of hand-to-hand combat.

I haven't watched the Bourne films but I thought they would put Treadstone on the building and Bourne Stuntacular on the sign like it was with Terminator. Is Treadstone not a name you would see out in public in universe?

I'm just glad they finally came out with the info. I think people will be pleasantly surprised by the show. The old Terminator show was state of the are when it opened 20+ years ago, and this will be a logical update.

Reactions: frank_1991_
The hate this is getting on social media is hilarious to me. I've never seen people so offended by a stunt show
and....another example of where Social Media posters are mostly irrelevant.....probably most of the same people that said GESWL would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and predicted massive shoulder to shoulder crowds daily............I have no respect for the social Media and/or You Tube crowds.....They are so far away from general public tastes and thoughts.

Reactions: Andysol
I've seen a lot of people in various outlets bring up the relevancy of the Bourne franchise, but leave out the fact that Universal's most popular stunt show across all of the parks is based on a MASSIVE flop of a movie. Even the worst Bourne movie is better than Waterworld as a film.

....that was unwatchable. Jesus.
You say “unwatchable” and I say art in motion. Tomato and I say “ toemottoe”. The fight choreography being reflective and not memorized, brutal, and true exhaustion/desperation displayed adds a realism to the fight. A lot of fight scenes have the issue of looking too clean and lacking any realism when it seems the actors/tress never seem tired, hurt, or scared. Bourne did interest me when it came out but I’ll be honest haven’t revisited in a while but maybe its time with this and theTreadstone series premier.

Reactions: tielo and Mad Dog
Shaky cam level 1000

Difference between this and something like Godzilla or Iron Fist is that I can actually see what's going on. The camera draws the eye to the important part of the scene - look at all those snap zooms to the punches connecting and when they pull out knife - and it repeats certain shots from different angles to let the info sink in. Also, everyones moving fast enough to justify the fast cuts - they're leaping around and throwing each other against walls - they don't just stand in the same place and slowly walk backwards like that dumb Iron Fist fight scene.