Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I'm honestly worried about this ride not living up to everyone's high expectations. It doesn't seem to go fast enough or last long enough, but hopefully the special effects (aka animatronics and pyro) and AR make a difference here.
Expectations are sometimes a killer. The original concept has evidently morphed into something a bit different.But my money, in this case, would be on the Universal/Nintendo team. I think it will be Potter quality. Universal Creative does their best work when they have a smart & demanding IP partner....I don't think we'll see any more F&F quality attractions from this present UC group and their corporate bosses. They've evidently learned their lesson the hard way .

I think the biggest factor will be if the AR is used or not. If it is, absolute game changer potentially regardless of the speed or time. I think they’re going to have really awesome sets and score for the ride (I mean it’s Nintendo) that will make the whole experience worth it and leave every type of fan happy. I really love the idea of riding next to the characters too

I think the biggest factor will be if the AR is used or not. If it is, absolute game changer potentially regardless of the speed or time. I think they’re going to have really awesome sets and score for the ride (I mean it’s Nintendo) that will make the whole experience worth it and leave every type of fan happy. I really love the idea of riding next to the characters too

Exactly. If the AR isn't used, how will the interactive elements be done? And it isn't Mario Kart without interacting with the world around you.

Exactly. If the AR isn't used, how will the interactive elements be done? And it isn't Mario Kart without interacting with the world around you.
I could see it still working with high tech projection mapping maybe, and top end AAs and sets around you still, but AR I believe would make this the most immersive

Expectations are sometimes a killer. The original concept has evidently morphed into something a bit different.But my money, in this case, would be on the Universal/Nintendo team. I think it will be Potter quality. Universal Creative does their best work when they have a smart & demanding IP partner....I don't think we'll see any more F&F quality attractions from this present UC group and their corporate bosses. They've evidently learned their lesson the hard way .

Looking at the layout and how short its going to be I have a feeling many will be disappointed in this ride. Mario Kart should be a fast paced thrill ride. Not this whatever it is. My money is on closer to F&F than Hagrids.

Looking at the layout and how short its going to be I have a feeling many will be disappointed in this ride. Mario Kart should be a fast paced thrill ride. Not this whatever it is. My money is on closer to F&F than Hagrids.

Guarantee that space in Hollywood is the reason why it won't be as fast as Test Track, they have to cut corners.

I think it may be difficult to make the “perfect” Mario Kart ride that every single person is pleased with, but I also think with Universal’s and Nintendo’s capabilities it’s going to be pretty difficult for them to make this a bust. They wouldn’t be bringing this ride alone to Hollywood if they didn’t have good faith in it. I know, I know F&F but I think we can all agree Nintendo is a totally different animal for the company. I’m not sure what to expect still, but I’m excited nonetheless

One of my biggest hopes is that Mario Kart is the kind of ride that is fun to re-ride multiple times each visit. With how few rides USH has, they need more rides with a high re-ride ability factor to make up for it. I feel like the only rides they currently have that are good for several rides on a single visit are Jurassic World and Mummy. If the thrill factor is really low, it might hurt the re-ride ability that a ride in this park needs.

Personally, I'd assume they'll take what they learned with Supercharged on simulation for speed and winds and mix that with the Augmented technology on-top of the physical and LED media.

The size difference is still pretty big though, that square extends outside the expansion space on top.

It's a manner of the fact that MK's been basically rotated in a 90* degree angle for our version; to be more percise.

It'll fit, albeit strangely.

That layout makes sense, but it makes me wonder if a DK-oriented phase two is still in the works. Where would it go?

Personally guessing, 16-20 would be a pretty nice plot of land for an expansion of Nintendo (like DK for example).

I'm honestly worried about this ride not living up to everyone's high expectations. It doesn't seem to go fast enough or last long enough, but hopefully the special effects (aka animatronics and pyro) and AR make a difference here.
Universal has committed to build 4 clones of this attraction across the world, have worked hand in hand with Nintendo (whom have very high quality control standards), and understand that the success of the land is solely dependent on the quality of this ride... so I can imagine they’re fairly confident in it. Only about 6 months until we find out!