Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Was just there today. There is still a lot to do. They paved a little more of the street. The station is vertical, but has no roof or walls yet, just framing. The cars are near the employee entrance. And it appears most of the landscaping in the concept art has been cut.

Was it cut? Or was it ever going to be beat for beat like the concept art? Because that rarely happens.

Was it cut? Or was it ever going to be beat for beat like the concept art? Because that rarely happens.

For the most part, it seems MM has been following the concept art. There is no doubt they have cut out the landscaping and also possible the cars that were supposed to be on display. It is MM, so it is typical for this to happen.

For the most part, it seems MM has been following the concept art. There is no doubt they have cut out the landscaping and also possible the cars that were supposed to be on display. It is MM, so it is typical for this to happen.

Relax.. the land isn't even finished yet and youre already jumping to conclusions... let's wait till its done with and then complain.

Sad how they cut the landscaping in middle of the street. The two small palm trees they planted look like they are dying already. And where cars were supposed to be displayed appears that they just put tables there instead with no umbrellas or coverings.

The area looks really sad. It may not be a big deal for some of you, but cutting the landscaping is a pretty hard blow. They desperately need more shade not more concrete slabs. The park is unbearable during the Summer. At least take some pride at being the “thrill capitol”.

It’s not that it isn’t a big deal, it’s that I’m not going to waste my time worrying about something I can’t control. Or something that isn’t open yet. People complain that it isn’t open, now you want them to delay another 6 months for landscaping purposes?

It’s not that it isn’t a big deal, it’s that I’m not going to waste my time worrying about something I can’t control. Or something that isn’t open yet. People complain that it isn’t open, now you want them to delay another 6 months for landscaping purposes?
That's what they should do. It's already been delayed so why not wait a little longer and make it the best it can be.

^ Of course they should, but are you guys forgetting what park this is? You really think they were going to come through with what you saw in the concept art? You played yourself if you did.

That’s not to say they won’t improve a few things after the the coaster opens (Holiday in the Park is extending into that area), but people should probably keep their expectations low.

Last edited:
Concept art never 100% represents the final product, this isn't a Six Flags thing, this is an industry wide thing. While I would like more shade and landscaping in the West Coast Racers area, I think that the ride will add a lot to the park and add a ton of kinetic energy to that portion of the park. This is going to likely be the best coaster that SoCal has gotten in the last ten years other than Twisted Colossus.

^Well, I don't know if I'd go that far and say it's be best ride in the last 10 years outside of TC, but I am in the camp that thinks it looks like a lot of fun, should be enjoyable, and hopefully very reridable. I doubt it'll break my Top 10 list, but that doesn't mean I won't like it. If it feels like a milder Maverick, I'll be happy.

xITWpVc.png

I heard about this. Went to the park today. Apocalypse was open and rode it.

Asked a manager at the station, he said Apocalypse was going to be open on weekends only until WCR opens up. I told him it wasn't on the app/website anymore, and he had no idea why. Probably just a glitch, nothing to panic over.

^ Of course they should, but are you guys forgetting what park this is? You really think they were going to come through with what you saw in the concept art? You played yourself if you did.

That’s not to say they won’t improve a few things after the the coaster opens (Holiday in the Park is extending into that area), but people should probably keep their expectations low.

I have definitely kept my expectations low for the actual ride. The more and more that I see it up front, and from drone videos online, it just looks so overwhelming. I will ride it once or twice, but not going to wait in long lines for it.

Well if you know what you’re doing you’ll never have to wait very long, now that the park is open 365 days. Most of us have learned when and when not to go.

Edit: I heard today that park’s goal is to get the coaster operational, and that they are by no means done with theming elements.

Last edited: