Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree. I want this year's archway to be unique. Doesn't have to be super elaborate. Just better than what we've been getting. I quite loved both 22 and 23's archway despite those years being a bit 'meh.'

Blake is reasonably new too, relatively speaking. And Horne has taken more responsibility lately too. So there's a new-ish hand driving that aspect. It's definitely more of a realigning/restructuring than a reduction in staffing or anything due to budget or scapegoating. AFAIK, we don't know who is replacing Aiello as the person the buck stops with... That is, if anyone replaces him at all. We could end up with HHN-by-committee, which could be a good thing since they've worked together for several years now anyway. Our it could be a "too many cooks" situation where there needs to be someone to make the final call when needed.

I'm really curious how it all settles.
I would argue that HHN needs that creative "voice"...Aiello was it, before it was Roddy.

My excitement is building exponentially already!

Random thoughts of house dreams:

Dungeon of Terra-Cruentus - I'm a sucker for wordplay. This name harkens back to the first house of UO Fright Nights while also giving an opportunity to showcase the return of the Terra Queen & her minions. The story could be simple, "the Queen's army has uncovered an ancient castle deep within the woods that happens to grant them passage back into our merry little HHN get-together. Here, the fearsome residents of Terra-Cruentus can set up shop to harvest new blood for their cycle. Avoid being sacrificed by the Queen, her followers, or a few familiar faces who were left behind in the mysterious dungeon." Rooms can highlight Cruentus's children playing "Dead Man's Wishes", the Body Collectors getting their harvest on, various showcases of different legions sacrificing their prey, an homage to the rat lady, and a finale where the Terra Queen herself is sacrificed to end the cycle.

Some sort of house co-hosted by the Director & the Usher - Both have had similar houses in the past, so a collaboration between the two seems like a great way to pay tribute to all the icons while consolidating original content to leave room for IP love too. Ideally I'd like this to break from the mold of their previous houses being compilations of IP scenes & instead involve an original story where The Usher opens his theater for a film festival showcasing The Director's most diabolical works of art. All sorts of freaky faces from HHNs past show up as guests to this gala as well.

Probably more likely than both of those is a new Jack Presents: Anniversary House, sadly. Though I want to say, "Why not all 3?! Plus a new Screamhouse?!" Lol - So if we get this, Scarecrows are an obvious must. Yetis too. Chance would get a nod. Lightning Gulch ghosts. "Swamp zombies!". Invasion! aliens. Vamp '55 & '85 references. Pretty much anything well-received that happened since or wasn't used in the previous Jack's Presents.

Creepshow - I think this is an IP choice I'd feel both comfortable predicting & excited to see make it's journey to the east coast. The house in Hollywood seemed well-received and the new show has been a big success for Shudder. Though I'd rather see Channel Zero get some love, it was never nearly as successful so I think this is the program that will make the leap from screen to Orlando HHN, especially now that it had a chance in Hollywood already. I think the core movie segments should probably stay, but maybe UO could play with different show segments.

Hellraiser or Candyman - Odds are probably better for Candyman given the Monkeypaw production coming up as well as it just being an easier story to translate into a full-fledged house & not just 1 room.

Do we get AHS back despite rights-issues? - Despite not enjoying Cult, I think the costumes could make for a solid third of this house. And 1984 so far is great for it. But I struggle to see anything from Apocalypse working in an HHN house setting. I'd rather not see it return for that reason, but it might sit better with me than more Stranger Things, unless they came back with a vengeance.

Things that will never happen Lightning Round 2020 edition:

-Channel Zero zone/house
-Dario Argento or Lucio Fulci or Mario Bava getting house-love
-Lovecraft stuff, maybe Re-Animator/From Beyond/Dagon for the Stuart Gordon trifecta?
-Twisted Tradition or Vanity Ball getting the zone-to-house treatment
-Eddie leading the Springfield horde, as long as they're going to be there anyways
-Any 2 or more of the big 4 slashers returning in tandem (Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, & Michael)
-Bloodengutz getting a scare zone
-The Frighteners for comedy house of the year >.>

Last edited:
-Channel Zero zone/house
-Dario Argento or Lucio Fulci or Mario Bava getting house-love
-Lovecraft stuff, maybe Re-Animator/From Beyond/Dagon for the Stuart Gordon trifecta?
-Twisted Tradition or Vanity Ball getting the zone-to-house treatment
-Eddie leading the Springfield horde, as long as they're going to be there anyways
-Any 2 or more of the big 4 slashers returning in tandem (Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, & Michael)
-Bloodengutz getting a scare zone
-The Frighteners for comedy house of the year >.>

Channel Zero would be SUCH a cool house! I wish it hadn't gotten cancelled because now its very unlikely to ever come to HHN :(

Eddie vs Jack was always a fun timeline that never happened

Personally, I think it would be fun for them to split the park in two...One half is clown scarezones and circus...One half is a junk yard

Team Jack and Team Eddie shirts could be fun too

Also, I don't want to be that guy, but I feel like I would only be happy with Terra-Cruentes in IOA

Borderline wishful thinking but if they struck a deal with Spyglass they could easily get the original Scream + Hellraiser films to accompany Candyman.

Also, with the runaway success of Orlando’s UCM maze and the good responses from Hollywood’s Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman I’d be curious to see if they ship that over here to be the potential 4th or 3rd IP.

I always loved the 2007 entrance with the big carnival truck outside.
They even had animal actors out by the arch on some nights. Actors on stilts, i loved that.
2007 had the nicest entrance to the event.
My favorite entrance of all time

I don't see us ever getting anything like this again, since there's the Express tent setup right nearby and such a flow issue now. But still...

I LOVED THIS SETUP! (this was also my favorite year of all time). Lookit my #TBT picture that just happened to pop up today lol (admins, move if it's not allowed)

Attachments

• Annie's Pics 039.jpg
    Annie's Pics 039.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 55
I don't see us ever getting anything like this again, since there's the Express tent setup right nearby and such a flow issue now. But still...

I LOVED THIS SETUP! (this was also my favorite year of all time). Lookit my #TBT picture that just happened to pop up today lol (admins, move if it's not allowed)

This was magnificent to be honest. The lights, the banners, the ferris wheel, the theater entrance... it was so amazing

XDVRHjx.jpg

Last edited:
This was magnificent to be honest. The lights, the banners, the ferris wheel, the theater entrance... it was so amazing

XDVRHjx.jpg

That looks amazing.. you'd figure that in the Instagram/Snapchat generation, they'd create really picture-esque looking entrances similar to this for HHN visitors to plaster all over their IG and Snapchat accounts..

Question/idea for HHN veterans. Has there ever been a Christmas/holidays themed scare zone? One thing that I continue to hear about in various podcasts and discussions is the fatigue of Central Park during the event, and how the zone generally feels more or less the same.

What if they were to do something with a Halloween twist on Christmas theme in that section? You could line the trees with Christmas lights (like a mini light show that goes from happy holidays into an evil all-red kind of thing), pump in some unique smells, fake snow falling down throughout the area. The scare actors could have some cool costumes too. I imagine stuff like the giant nutcracker army from The Santa Clause 2, creepy elves, etc.

Sorry if this feels more like a wish list kinda thing, but just wanted to give a bit of a vision to help people understand how I think a Christmas theme could fit into HHN, especially given the "clash between events" that the social media team was posting about during the last week of HHN29.

Status
Not open for further replies.