Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is officially the one parkwide scare zone I would kill for.

mad max Eddie.............in Immortan Joe style outfit......
Mad Max style RUN house.....
mad max soundtrack park wide........

NOW i am fully on board lol :exclap::exclap::exclap::exclap:

ceFYLd1.gif
I wrote more on this is the HHN Wishlist thread....But yeah, could be crazy and break up the formula a bit

I'm not as much of an orlando person as most of the people here, but I had an idea involving Eddie as the icon for 30. Imagine they ran with the idea from 2001 of Eddie killing Jack and taking the spotlight, and the icon announcement video started as a remake of 25's icon reveal, but as the sillhouette gets closer, it becomes evident that the figure is in fact not Jack, but eddie wearing his outfit and skin as a mask a-la leatherface, peeling it off for the final reveal. Doubt it would fit into the lore at all but it just seems like a cool idea to me.

I wrote more on this is the HHN Wishlist thread....But yeah, could be crazy and break up the formula a bit

Hhn already had a mad max style scarezone not that long ago, they can even bring that back. Bring that zone back with Eddie in it

I'm not as much of an orlando person as most of the people here, but I had an idea involving Eddie as the icon for 30. Imagine they ran with the idea from 2001 of Eddie killing Jack and taking the spotlight, and the icon announcement video started as a remake of 25's icon reveal, but as the sillhouette gets closer, it becomes evident that the figure is in fact not Jack, but eddie wearing his outfit skin as a mask a-la leatherface, peeling it off for the final reveal. Doubt it would fit into the lore at all but it just seems like a cool idea to me.

It could be as easy as eddie stealing Jack's red leather coat.
Maybe cut and rip the coat up a little. That would be enough for a cool change.

Speculation for the hhn Orlando 2020

1. Rob Zombie the Devils rejects or three from Hell (inside MIB Tent)

2. Jordan peels Candyman (Soundstage)

3. 30th anniversary maze featuring the icons (Soundstage)

4.creepshow From Hollywood (Soundstage)

5.Stranger things season four (Soundstage)

6.holliday in hell from Hollywood (inside the sherk 4d theatre)

7.Zombieland (inside the old Parade building)

8.”something” Universal monsters agian (inside the new Parade Building)

9. original maze (tent 1)

10.Original maze (tent 2)

I would like to see them bring back Academy of Villains and the Hhn Orlando lagoon show too

Scare zones don’t have a Prediction right now what they could be (?)

Last edited:
Am I the only one that doesn’t see even a slight possibility of a Zombieland house? The zone sucked this year and I don’t think either the zone or the movies themselves did good enough for a whole house next year.

IF they were to bring a scarezone back as a house, literally any of the other zones from this year would be better choices.

IF they were to bring a scarezone back as a house, literally any of the other zones from this year would be better choices.

I’m not bothered at seeing it come back but I don’t think we should condemn it as a bad house before it’s even happened, it’s down to execution. It has plenty of recognisable locations, it’s aesthetically pleasing and.... zombies, sounds good to me?

Us was received badly for Orlando but amazing for Hollywood.

Does any know know how the GP felt about the zone? Any GSATS etc...

Am I the only one that doesn’t see even a slight possibility of a Zombieland house? The zone sucked this year and I don’t think either the zone or the movies themselves did good enough for a whole house next year.

Yeah, I don't know that the reaction to the zone is necessarily a deal-breaker, but the fact the sequel wasn't a run-away success shows there's not a lot of people out there on the fence about attending HHN who are going to be swayed by a Zombieland house. Throw in general zombie fatigue and the reflexive move away from comedy houses, I imagine this IP gets buried next to Cirque du Freak in the HHN graveyard.

The only way I see zombies returning in a prominent role to XXX, and it's a long shot, is if those promised Rick Grimes "solo" Walking Dead movies actually materialize next year and they go for cross-promotion one more time. I haven't heard a peep about them since the morning after Rick's last appearance ("Psych! We didn't really kill him!") tho, so who knows if they're still a thing.

You have to remember that, the (rumored) reason we got Zombieland in the first place is because the Ghostbusters zone was too expensive to execute. Columbia cut Universal a deal to use Zombieland to promote the as a replacement.

The IP wasn’t really wanted in the first place. I doubt A&D is going to do a house.

I’m not bothered at seeing it come back but I don’t think we should condemn it as a bad house before it’s even happened, it’s down to execution. It has plenty of recognisable locations, it’s aesthetically pleasing and.... zombies, sounds good to me?

Us was received badly for Orlando but amazing for Hollywood.

Does any know know how the GP felt about the zone? Any GSATS etc...

Who said Us was poorly received? It was not a bad house at all.

I believe it was middle of the pack in Orlando.

Also we’re reading too much into GSATs. They’re important but not the end all be all Rosetta Stone to understanding the event.
US wasn't necessarily poorly received, it was just one of those properties that you got nearly nothing out of if you hadn't seen the movie. You just walk away confused "Why are they just standing there?" "What's the deal with the rabbits?" "I thought I was in a fair now I'm in a living room?" "Why do those actors look the same but dress differently?"

All questions I heard/was asked multiple times.

I also really feel like we're still dealing with zombie fatigue generally speaking, as others be stated. All those TWD years, then Zombieland (mainly promotional or not)... Even technically Ash vs. Evil Dead and Dead Exposure, fun as they were, were zombie-ish. Probably why we're in such fear of something like that becoming a house.

US wasn't necessarily poorly received, it was just one of those properties that you got nearly nothing out of if you hadn't seen the movie. You just walk away confused "Why are they just standing there?" "What's the deal with the rabbits?" "I thought I was in a fair now I'm in a living room?" "Why do those actors look the same but dress differently?"

All questions I heard/was asked multiple times.

I also really feel like we're still dealing with zombie fatigue generally speaking, as others be stated. All those TWD years, then Zombieland (mainly promotional or not)... Even technically Ash vs. Evil Dead and Dead Exposure, fun as they were, were zombie-ish. Probably why we're in such fear of something like that becoming a house.

The worst part about zombies at hhn is that sometimes the actors just look like they have mud on their face, im not hating on the actors obviously, they try their best,
But sometimes the make up is really lacking. On zombieland sometimes the zombies didnt really feel like zombies at all.
At least walking dead had walker masks, or a lot of blood on their chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.