Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t had a straight up adaptation of John Carpenter's The Thing. I’ll once again voice my support for that house since it’s one of the best horror/sci fi flicks and checks off the classic IP box.

It, The Thing, and Jordan Peele’s Candyman would make a well rounded IP line up.

Saw Doctor Sleep last night, and rights issues aside, I can't see it happening for any event, even HMH. Like Flanagan's Haunting of Hill House, it is a very character driven movie. I do admit that it genuinely got me a couple of times and it's a far better movie than IT Chapter Two.

I'll throw my hat into the "I have a hard time not seeing Jordan Peele's Candyman happening" ring. Also if they do a lagoon show, I could for sure see it as obviously like a 30 Years of Fear theme or something along those lines. All fairly safe to speculate I say.
I could easily see the lagoon show being where they throw a bone to the icon fans.

Honestly if there’s only gonna be 2-3 IPs that means they’ll all be heavy hitters. However I think something like the Classic Monsters, while they might not show up in house form, will likely be in the park as either a zone or part of a mashup.

candyman is highly likely one
so we really just have to speculate on two, what are the biggest ips they still havent done?

Status
Not open for further replies.