Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like WB IPs make their appearance this year. Suspect It, Gremlins, and Sabrina have a house. Stranger Things returns. Please no Halloween, but Peele gets Candy Man or creates his own original.

Zones lead more to old icons.
Yes Gremlins would be great, and ditto on the Halloween , I’m Michael Myers’ed out.

Yeah, those people in line eventually got out and weren't happy.

And yes, I saw the kids. I don't know what Universal plans on doing, if anything at all, but they've been a nuisance and something needs to be done. I've been advocating for an age limit without a parent and I think that's what needs to be done. IDK why the hell Mel's became the "Hang Out Spot" for most nights. There'd be 50-60 kids at a time, all just chillin over at the outside tables.

They've been teasing a dual-park event since 2010. 2004's event had mixed success with it. IDK if they wanna have 2 parks close at 5p. If it was ever a time to do dual parks, it would be 30 - but as of now, I'd put it in the very wishful thinking category.

Here's a couple things:

1. The IP well isn't infinite and is close to drying up. We only have a handful of IPs that can truly anchor an event (Scream, IT, Conjuring, and a few others) with several that are definite 2nd tier co-liners (Hellraiser, Amityville Horror). Still, we're not sure what the WB situation is, and FOX is now completely off the table. They gotta slow it down a bit.

2. This year showed they don't need to license out for several big IP's - because it didn't get them to where they wanted attendance-wise but also, the guests responded differently.

Get the big IP to market, with a couple of smaller headliners and that'll bring 'em out.

I don't want to get anybody's hopes up. :lol:

They re-use props all the time. They used the shield in the Fallen, too.
So does that mean that we’ll never see a Treehouse of Horror maze? That would be a Bill and Ted EXCELLENT! I know Disney owns Fox now but not sure what was entailed in the Previous Simpsons deal.

Yeah, that's a problem with a lot of the streets and atmosphere in general, takes away from it being scary. There's a good medium that needs to be found again.
Agreed, do 1 maybe 2 party atmosphere scare zones like Vamp 85 or the alien invaders, I liked those but keep the majority scary. My favorite maze this year was KKFOS which was fun and scary. Keep a good balance and you can do both.

This could be news possibly? This year I took my first ever Unmasking the Horror Tour. We did Us, Yeti, and Ghostbusters and really enjoyed it. Near the end of the tour as we were leaving, I asked the guide how long it takes to plan a year and he said to quote “Some years are longer than others, for instance so far we’ve already designed 3 of the 11 houses for next year” He kept talking after that and others didn’t seem to notice, but I took a big mental note. So take that as you may
Good lookin out 37! Woohoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys can worry about what IP's are coming. I'm more concern about what treatment they will use for the icons and countless of other characters they have created over the last 30 years. Having all of them in one zone could be crowded as I can imagine it becoming a major selfie spot. Would they split the Icons from the characters into 2 zones? Between hollywood and avenue of the stars? Is there a logistical reason they no longer set up the stage on the edge of central park?

You guys can worry about what IP's are coming. I'm more concern about what treatment they will use for the icons and countless of other characters they have created over the last 30 years. Having all of them in one zone could be crowded as I can imagine it becoming a major selfie spot. Would they split the Icons from the characters into 2 zones? Between hollywood and avenue of the stars? Is there a logistical reason they no longer set up the stage on the edge of central park?

It creates one helluva bottleneck.

I wouldn't expect enough icon usage to be a concern.

so candyman is the only know for sure we getting?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.