Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Mostly wishful thinking”

“Wishful thinking” being suggestions without a basis of reasonable logic.

Apart from Candyman, Purge, and a history zone (and arguably, Creepshow), I can dismiss everything off that map through simply thinking about it. AoV doesn’t count, because it’s a given (but it’s still missing a rumored show).

Want me to?

Doctor Sleep - Likely requires Stephen King’s approval, and the film flopped hard.
Zombieland - Film flopped. A&D didn’t want it in the first place.
AHS - Owned by Disney.
Ash vs Evil Dead - Show is cancelled, and therefore irrelevant.
Anarch-cade - Street didn’t have a story to extend or tell
Dark Fantasy World... - A&D hasn’t locked in all their originals and “dark fantasy” isn’t specific enough a concept to build around.
Bone Presents... - A&D refuses to acknowledge Bone as anything worth remembering.
Dead Market - Originals aren’t locked.

Slaughter Sinema - Won’t be a street. Random characters associated with Sinema don’t work without scenes around them.
Klowns - Nope. Tapped out.
Goth Lairs - OK, Boomer
Roaming - Hordes are literally the last thing added with whatever costumes they can scrounge together.

Man, a lot of movies that came out in the last month and a half flopped.

I don't get all the people requesting Anarch-ade. There's a much better route to take with a 3D maze themed to an arcade game...

I believe it was at the Q&A that Blake Braswell had spoken about Anarch-cade's "Backstory" as being a post-apocalyptic society where all they found were parts of a functioning 80s arcade and worshiped it and built a society around it. I mean the idea seems cool on paper but in the zone was not very well executed, maybe as a house could be promising but I'm abit 80s-out atm, definitely wanna see a new theme coming with the originals next year, hopefully a newer age of darkness or something lol.

I would love to see Creepshow, after going to California's event this year and seeing that maze, I was very impressed, I think it would be really cool to have it coming over to our event and seeing what kind of effects would be used in our version of the house than theirs. We've seen what they could do with Universal Monsters and it was truly awesome, I'm sure they could pull some great effects with CS.

Last edited:
Let's change topics.

New clue.

51OuKEYbu7L.jpg

Let's change topics.

New clue.

51OuKEYbu7L.jpg
Paraphrased from Google:
The Fairy Fountain, Glasgow International Exhibition in 1888 by John Lavery who was an Irish painter best known for his portraits and wartime depictions.

Now what does this mean for HHN30?

Let's change topics.

New clue.

51OuKEYbu7L.jpg

I am...lost on this one. I'm getting the vibes this may be an original since while Legacy stated they weren't all locked in, he didn't say none were locked in.

I don't see Legacy giving a clue to a fountain show, and this seems a bit on the nose if it was.

Anyway, I really hope if they bring Scarecrow back, it's a sequel. Perfect opportunity to try the "open floor plan" again.

The realist in me says that it will more likely be a repeat to accommodate a house increase. :(

Let's change topics.

New clue.

51OuKEYbu7L.jpg

Have lurked for a while. This is my first post. Hi everyone. I have a good theory on this I think, but there's one thing holding me up.
* This picture is called The Fairy Fountain
* The Fairy Fountain is also the name of a side quest in The Legend of Zelda
* Zelda happens to be the name of a freaky side character in Pet Semetary (both original and remake this year)
* Pet Semetary did relatively well at the box office AND it's so recent that it won't be out of mind
* Paramount owns Pet Semetary. Not sure if that's good or bad, but at least it's not Disney.

So I will guess Pet Semetary. The only thing holding me up about it is that it is a Stephen King which obviously brings issues. But they were able to bring The Shining a couple of years ago, so who knows?

Have lurked for a while. This is my first post. Hi everyone. I have a good theory on this I think, but there's one thing holding me up.
* This picture is called The Fairy Fountain
* The Fairy Fountain is also the name of a side quest in The Legend of Zelda
* Zelda happens to be the name of a freaky side character in Pet Semetary (both original and remake this year)
* Pet Semetary did relatively well at the box office AND it's so recent that it won't be out of mind
* Paramount owns Pet Semetary. Not sure if that's good or bad, but at least it's not Disney.

So I will guess Pet Semetary. The only thing holding me up about it is that it is a Stephen King which obviously brings issues. But they were able to bring The Shining a couple of years ago, so who knows?

Welcome to the forum!

So it's an interesting idea and it's good sussing, but there is the King thing and HHN doesn't tend to bring movies back the year after unless they made $300m or something. As far as box office goes, Pet Sematary was certainly a decent success, but not really enough to call it a huge, zeitgeist capturing hit like A Quiet Place, Us, Get Out, The Conjuring or IT.

Wrt The Shining, I believe there actually was a bit of legal trouble with The Shining. Stephen King's lawyer apparently contacted Universal and asked that they take King's name off the promotional material, hence why it was called "Stanley Kubrick's The Shining" in all the promotion. Afaik, the rights to PS actually reverted to King this year, so all maze stuff has to go through him.

Welcome to the forum!

So it's an interesting idea and it's good sussing, but there is the King thing and HHN doesn't tend to bring movies back the year after unless they made $300m or something. As far as box office goes, Pet Sematary was certainly a decent success, but not really enough to call it a huge, zeitgeist capturing hit like A Quiet Place, Us, Get Out, The Conjuring or IT.

Wrt The Shining, I believe there actually was a bit of legal trouble with The Shining. Stephen King's lawyer apparently contacted Universal and asked that they take King's name off the promotional material, hence why it was called "Stanley Kubrick's The Shining" in all the promotion. Afaik, the rights to PS actually reverted to King this year, so all maze stuff has to go through him.

I mean, Hollywood was able to get away with Shudder's Creepshow, so perhaps either Hollywood or Orlando might be trying to encourage executives that King could work for HHN, and would have the positive results?

Honestly, while it'd be fascinating if it was Pet Semetary, part of me would wonder if this is more of a play on that something Stephen King is being worked on for HHN. It could be Pet Semetary, it could be IT, but I would wonder if Stephen might be starting to be..more willing to allow one of the big modern takes of his work be featured.

Status
Not open for further replies.