Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah. You’re comparing two lands together vs. separate lands. I love them all but if I had to rank them it’d be:

Hogsmeade > Pandora > Star Wars (without Rise so likely to change and move up) > Diagon Alley.

How much I enjoy the rides in each land factors heavily in this.
As far as fan service to the IP, which is what all these single IP lands are about, the WWoHP (both lands together) is a singular cohesive experience even though it is spread over 2 "lands". So the question isn't really which "land" is better, but which company did a better job of placing guests in the IP? And with that, I think Universal's Harry Potter experience is better than Disney's Star Wars experience.

A reliable person on Magic just said this

"For those in the know... something Epic should match or even surpass this", with regards to Rise of The Resistance.

Its the first day, first morning really of this ride but I haven't seen 1 bad review. Doesn't mean their won't be but this is certainly looking like its going to be quite the popular attraction, I wonder which ride he could be thinking of? My first guess is Mario Kart, but upon further thinking it just has to be one of the FB attractions. I don't know much about the Newt ride or whatever patent is being used for that, but id really expect that and whatever the other E ticket is to try and match this in terms of total immersion. Again, I understand its the first day but still seems like a great attraction, will be interesting to see how it holds up over it.

Meant for fun speculation, but what do we think this could be? If anything?

There are 3 potential attractions that they could be referring to.

"For those in the know... something Epic should match or even surpass this", with regards to Rise of The Resistance.

Its the first day, first morning really of this ride but I haven't seen 1 bad review. Doesn't mean their won't be but this is certainly looking like its going to be quite the popular attraction, I wonder which ride he could be thinking of? My first guess is Mario Kart, but upon further thinking it just has to be one of the FB attractions. I don't know much about the Newt ride or whatever patent is being used for that, but id really expect that and whatever the other E ticket is to try and match this in terms of total immersion. Again, I understand its the first day but still seems like a great attraction, will be interesting to see how it holds up over it.

My mind immediately goes to UM actually, in-part if it's going to be a next evolution of the kuka-arm systems already implemented.

There are 3 potential attractions that they could be referring to.
Are you thinking Mario Kart, a FB ride, and Classic Monsters?
My mind immediately goes to UM actually, in-part if it's going to be a next evolution of the kuka-arm systems already implemented.
Ya thats a very good point, kinda like how Rise is the next evolution of a Spiderman type attraction. Very good call, especially if its as intense as some insiders seem to be hinting at.

Why would I want to increase your expectations?
Cause I'm curious lol. I don't expect any insider info when I ask about things on here, especially in a public forum but I know we have insiders here so we may as well ask and see if it leads anywhere. In general, I can't speak for everyone, I can control myself on hype/expectations and be reasonable. But, as I said, I get it. Feel free to PM if you don't want it out here but there's absolutely no pressure for that either.

If I'm going to guess ONE attraction - I think it would have to be Mario Kart. Imagine the attraction being as immersive as Rise, but interactive?

But if Second guess would be Universal Monsters. I just can't see how a Fantastic Beasts attraction could be as immersive as the others.

If I'm going to guess ONE attraction - I think it would have to be Mario Kart. Imagine the attraction being as immersive as Rise, but interactive?

But if Second guess would be Universal Monsters. I just can't see how a Fantastic Beasts attraction could be as immersive as the others.
Well the person on Magic just said “A race” so Mario Kart seems likely to be one. I’d imagine it being as immersive and the tech to make it seem like you’re going faster could be huge, plus the AR goggles literally put you inside the video game.

also, just for the record not tryna get anyone in trouble but on a Universal forum, I figured hearing something like that was worthy of a post and speculation.

Well the person on Magic just said “A race” so Mario Kart seems likely to be one. I’d imagine it being as immersive and the tech to make it seem like you’re going faster could be huge, plus the AR goggles literally put you inside the video game.

also, just for the record not tryna get anyone in trouble but on a Universal forum, I figured hearing something like that was worthy of a post and speculation.
It would absolutely be my first guess. Although the Universal Monsters attraction could be very interesting depending how they use KUKA.

Since Martin specified Orlando instead of Osaka/Hollywood, I'm going with one of the FB attractions. Universal has always gone big on the Wizarding World.

That said, I think each land will have one mega-E Ticket.
If I recall other than Flight of The Hippogriff, every ride that they've done on the Wizarding World has been brand new technology. Id expect the same or as some have discussed regarding Rise, "the next evolution" of certain rides at the very least. With their mega IPs like Nintendo and Potter, they seem to not hold back one bit so I'm in agreement here. I expect their to be tons of great rides at EU, big and small but its obviously enticing to already have potential comparisons to Rise.

I’ll be riding it this weekend so no spoilers for me but if Mario Kart isn’t on this level I’ll riot lol
As far as fan service to the IP, which is what all these single IP lands are about, the WWoHP (both lands together) is a singular cohesive experience even though it is spread over 2 "lands". So the question isn't really which "land" is better, but which company did a better job of placing guests in the IP? And with that, I think Universal's Harry Potter experience is better than Disney's Star Wars experience.
I’d be inclined to agree as the only time Star Wars gave me the same feeling either Potter land did was when I walked onto and flew the Millennium Falcon. That being said when constructing my list I try not to lean too much on nostalgic feelings.

If I recall other than Flight of The Hippogriff, every ride that they've done on the Wizarding World has been brand new technology. Id expect the same or as some have discussed regarding Rise, "the next evolution" of certain rides at the very least. With their mega IPs like Nintendo and Potter, they seem to not hold back one bit so I'm in agreement here. I expect their to be tons of great rides at EU, big and small but its obviously enticing to already have potential comparisons to Rise.
I'd be interested to see if Uni expands upon the trackless technology they've used on Kong and F&F, maybe in smaller vehicles.

Still holding out hope from my Black Lagoon boat ride though. :grin:

I’ll be riding it this weekend so no spoilers for me but if Mario Kart isn’t on this level I’ll riot lol

I’d be inclined to agree as the only time Star Wars gave me the same feeling either Potter land did was when I walked onto and flew the Millennium Falcon. That being said when constructing my list I try not to lean too much on nostalgic feelings.

I think the MK ride will easily be on the level of the ROTR ride, but I don’t think MK will have the same level of preshow setup. Which is fine by me, but i would imagine Rise will have more going on in the queue than MK

I'd be interested to see if Uni expands upon the trackless technology they've used on Kong and F&F, maybe in smaller vehicles.

Still holding out hope from my Black Lagoon boat ride though. :grin:

Ya if the UCM land does really well, I could see this happening. Not sure how they'd fit it into "Frankenstein's Village" however, but just make it happen haha. Still upset Creature won't be in the main attraction but I understand it obviously.

I think the MK ride will easily be on the level of the ROTR ride, but I don’t think MK will have the same level of preshow setup. Which is fine by me, but i would imagine Rise will have more going on in the queue than MK

I do wonder what the queue for Mario kart will entail. I think it'd somewhat be set up like the "Main Menu" of the game, choose your character, car design, speed, acceleration, etc. But that also sounds too similar to Test Track so idk.

I do wonder what the queue for Mario kart will entail. I think it'd somewhat be set up like the "Main Menu" of the game, choose your character, car design, speed, acceleration, etc. But that also sounds too similar to Test Track so idk.

I don’t think the idea behind it is that we’re playing the game, more that We’re in the game. I’d assume player choosing won’t happen. I’m hoping the queue will be a tour of Bowser’s castle, considering that’s the entrance to the ride

I don’t think the idea behind it is that we’re playing the game, more that We’re in the game. I’d assume player choosing won’t happen. I’m hoping the queue will be a tour of Bowser’s castle, considering that’s the entrance to the ride
Ya that’s a very fair and likely true point. I’d be super satisfied with this.

The queue is absolutely the thing that I draw a blank for in this attraction. Like I'm assuming Bowser's castle.. but that couldn't be the entire queue, right?

Ya if the UCM land does really well, I could see this happening. Not sure how they'd fit it into "Frankenstein's Village" however, but just make it happen haha. Still upset Creature won't be in the main attraction but I understand it obviously.
They have an expansion plot for an entire UCM land. If the UCMs do well, I expect the land to be CFTBL, aside from it and mummy no lands would feel different from Frankenstein (European Villaiges!)
Fingers crossed!

Alicia said we should at least expect a trophy room with all the MK trophies!
The queue will be a mix of nostalgia (think the hat, the house points etc in forbidden journey queue) and bowsers castle theming somehow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.