Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait - is this possible? I was throwing a dart by following the clues to Jack The Ripper. I hadn't even come close to making this connection. Holy poop - and Legacy said his clues weren't necessarily houses, so that would fit into this scenario. I can't believe I didn't see that. Now I'm really excited about the prospect. Well done!!!!!!!!

I'm just throwing darts right now too. Assuming anything I come up with will be wrong lol.

Ok, random thing I'm wondering: does anyone know how tall the weather vane in the Scarecrow facade was? It would be cool if they could fit it in B79 or SS24 to create a wide open house.

Last edited:
I'm just throwing darts right now too. Assuming anything I come up with will be wrong lol.

Ok, random thing I'm wondering: does anyone know how tall the weather vane in the Scarecrow facade was? It would be cool if they could fit it in B79 or SS24 to create a wide open house.

I think this is right. I updated my original post with your contribution: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread.

I felt really good about how I connected the dots of that clue to get to Jack the Ripper. But it didn't feel finished. Your theory completes this line of thought pretty perfectly.

Only question is would it be a Body Collectors sequel OR a Terra Cruentus house/SZ/icon reveal? I lean towards something TC-related.

Whaddaya think @Legacy? Extra points for a tag-team effort???

I think this is right. I updated my original post with your contribution: Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread.

I felt really good about how I connected the dots of that clue to get to Jack the Ripper. But it didn't feel finished. Your theory completes this line of thought pretty perfectly.

Only question is would it be a Body Collectors sequel OR a Terra Cruentus house/SZ/icon reveal? I lean towards something TC-related.

Whaddaya think @Legacy? Extra points for a tag-team effort???
:_:

Well, I’ve been considering an early Christmas present.

I’m going to explain the second clue. It’ll explain a lot about how I’m developing the clues and where they’re coming from.

upload_2019-12-16_20-29-52.jpeg

This picture is called “The Fairy Fountain,” and is from the International Exhibition of Science, Art and History that took place in Glasgow, 1888.

That’s this clue’s turn. A property has a very specific connection to Glasgow, 1888.

Doctor Who

University of Glasgow - Explore - Our history - Men and women of fame - The Doctor

So, why am I posting a clue for Doctor Who? Basically, because it’s rumored. I don’t think it’s actually happening. I actually believe it’s a rumor to find potential leaks.

But a rumor’s a rumor. So it’s getting a clue. That means this year’s clues aren’t for houses. They’re for rumors.

Enjoy.

I’m going to explain the second clue. It’ll explain a lot about how I’m developing the clues and where they’re coming from.

View attachment 11336

This picture is called “The Fairy Fountain,” and is from the International Exhibition of Science, Art and History that took place in Glasgow, 1888.

That’s this clue’s turn. A property has a very specific connection to Glasgow, 1888.

Doctor Who

University of Glasgow - Explore - Our history - Men and women of fame - The Doctor

So, why am I posting a clue for Doctor Who? Basically, because it’s rumored. I don’t think it’s actually happening. I actually believe it’s a rumor to find potential leaks.

But a rumor’s a rumor. So it’s getting a clue. That means this year’s clues aren’t for houses. They’re for rumors.

Enjoy.

:eek:O:

Well, lots of Dead Exposure-like effects.

You still hearing ~3 IPs?

Last edited:

Enjoy.

I guess that explains all of the Conjuring talk coming out out of nowhere. Dr. Who would be very weird to see outside of the Weeping Angels

View attachment 11336

Doctor Who

Enjoy.

HOLY CRAP! I posted this as part of my guess...

"(so the year "1888" and the place "Glasgow" are the connections to the painting Legacy posted in my theory)"

So, I ran with BOTH of the relevant tidbits from the painting? I just happened to run in the wrong direction LOL. You know what, I'm gonna take that as a semi-victory :) I'm locking in on ya @Legacy !!! I'm bringing the heat on the next clue LOL

In all seriousness, appreciate these clues - just handing us the answers would be pretty anticlimactic and boring.

HOLY CRAP! I posted this as part of my guess...

"(so the year "1888" and the place "Glasgow" are the connections to the painting Legacy posted in my theory)"

So, I ran with BOTH of the relevant tidbits from the painting? I just happened to run in the wrong direction LOL. You know what, I'm gonna take that as a semi-victory :) I'm locking in on ya @Legacy !!! I'm bringing the heat on the next clue LOL

In all seriousness, appreciate these clues - just handing us the answers would be pretty anticlimactic and boring.
It’s why I explained how I’m going in a different “direction” with regard to how I develop the clues.

With this one, I literally googled “Doctor Who Trivia” and found a tidbit I liked (he studied in Glasgow in 1888). I then literally googled “Glasgow 1888.” I found the exhibition, and then the picture.

An important thing to consider/remember though is how “open” these clues will be. Of the three clues I’ve already done, I’ve had a red herring, a rumored house, and something else.

The answers will present themselves.

It’s why I explained how I’m going in a different “direction” with regard to how I develop the clues.

I'd like to reiterate how much I appreciate this change. Last year was chaotic, and while I know it's still very early this slow burn approach is much more interesting and helps Brian/Nick cut down on the fervor.

I'd like to reiterate how much I appreciate this change. Last year was chaotic, and while I know it's still very early this slow burn approach is much more interesting and helps Brian/Nick cut down on the fervor.
It's also a lot easier for me. When I'm building clues to a "theme," I have to shoehorn a bit. It results in clues that are a little clunky.

This new format takes less time for me and (I think) creates more specific answers.

So, because I explained one clue, here's a new one:

thesaneabandoned.jpg

It's also a lot easier for me. When I'm building clues to a "theme," I have to shoehorn a bit. It results in clues that are a little clunky.

This new format takes less time for me and (I think) creates more specific answers.

thesaneabandoned.jpg

You SOB! I had plans today damnit!!!! Oh well, the starving orphans can wait...I have work to do now!!! LOL ;)

thesaneabandoned.jpg

Okay, here's my first swing at this one:

* The band is called The Sane Abandoned.
* Looking up YouTube, the picture appears under one of their songs titled "KATE".
* One of the more popular current horror actresses is named KATE Siegel.
* Kate Siegel has appeared in recent horror films: Oculus and Ouija: Origin of Evil. But, more importantly, she has appeared in 11 episodes of the hit Netfix TV series The Haunting of Hill House.
* The opening paragraph of the Shirley Jackson novel which inspired the TV series reads as thus:
“No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream. Hill House, not sane, stood by itself against its hills, holding darkness within; it had stood for eighty years and might stand for eighty more. Within, walls continued upright, bricks met neatly, floors were firm, and doors were sensibly shut; silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there, walked alone.”

* Interesting that the opening paragraph mentions "sane" twice since the clue is a picture of "The Sane Abandoned" and the paragraph is literally intimating that Hill House is sane abandoned.
* The Haunting of Hill House was a popular rumor for HHN29. So it wouldn't surprise me if it's still a popular rumor for this year.
* So, my first blush guess (given Legacy's post from yesterday) is that it's a clue to The Haunting of Hill House RUMOR.

Okay, here's my first swing at this one:

* The band is called The Sane Abandoned.
* Looking up YouTube, the picture appears under one of their songs titled "KATE".
* One of the more popular current horror actresses is named KATE Siegel.
* Kate Siegel has appeared in recent horror films: Oculus and Ouija: Origin of Evil. But, more importantly, she has appeared in 11 episodes of the hit Netfix TV series The Haunting of Hill House.
* The opening paragraph of the Shirley Jackson novel which inspired the TV series reads as thus:
“No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream. Hill House, not sane, stood by itself against its hills, holding darkness within; it had stood for eighty years and might stand for eighty more. Within, walls continued upright, bricks met neatly, floors were firm, and doors were sensibly shut; silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there, walked alone.”

* Interesting that the opening paragraph mentions "sane" twice since the clue is a picture of "The Sane Abandoned" and the paragraph is literally intimating that Hill House is sane abandoned.
* The Haunting of Hill House was a popular rumor for HHN29. So it wouldn't surprise me if it's still a popular rumor for this year.
* So, my first blush guess (given Legacy's post from yesterday) is that it's a clue to The Haunting of Hill House RUMOR.

Once again, counting any non-Universal IP (so excluding Candyman 2020) that we haven't seen before (so excluding Halloween sequels), that's "played straight"/R-rated or R-equivalent as "too good to be true" for the time being. lol

Once again, counting any non-Universal IP (so excluding Candyman 2020) that we haven't seen before (so excluding Halloween sequels), that's "played straight"/R-rated or R-equivalent as "too good to be true" for the time being. lol

Agree, I don't think it's necessarily coming. But, per @Legacy, his early clues are to rumors, not houses. Seems like it's plausible that it's a rumor along the lines of Dr. Who where his 2nd clue pointed but is highly unlikely to come to HHN30.

Status
Not open for further replies.