Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 663 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering when we will know more about a Jurassic World land replacing Jurassic park at IOA unless Jurassic World gets put in the plans at epic universe and becomes a confirmed themed land later on. I think the roller coaster will be themed to JW but they could keep the JP themed it would be kinda weird. I see the construction walls in the Jurassic park area at IOA from pics and I don’t know if this is for the land or for completely for a land transformation into JW. It doesn’t make sense to have 2 Jurassic Park themed lands not sure why we haven’t heard more from this. If a Jurassic World sign we’re to come to JP to replace the JP arch wouldn’t they have done that by now or is it still too early? Also if they were to add a gyro sphere ride they might have to build another Jurassic themed land at epic universe? When do you think we will know more details if the land is staying put to the original franchise or not? 2020 or 2021?

1. The whole land likely isn’t being changed, JPRA is staying JP
2. Nothing Jurassic at EU
3. The walls are purposely not clearly JP or JW
4. No known gyrosphere ride is coming to Orlando
5. Welcome!

Last edited:
1. The whole land likely isn’t be changed, JPRA is staying JP
2. Nothing Jurassic at EU
3. The walls are purposely not clearly JP or JW
4. No known gyrosphere ride is coming to Orlando
5. Welcome!
Oh ok so it’s very likely they’ll be sticking with the original no Jurassic World land coming? I mean their is one coming to Universal Studios Beijing. Is their a reason why you think the original land will stay the same? Just to keep the attractions updated with the newer movies out right now and Jurassic World 3 coming in 2021 I find it hard to believe that the coaster will be the only new addition to IOA if epic universe doesn’t get any Jurassic world stuff.

Oh ok so it’s very likely they’ll be sticking with the original no Jurassic World land coming? I mean their is one coming to Universal Studios Beijing. Is their a reason why you think the original land will stay the same? Just to keep the attractions updated with the newer movies out right now and Jurassic World 3 coming in 2021 I find it hard to believe that the coaster will be the only new addition to IOA if epic universe doesn’t get any Jurassic world stuff.

I certainly don’t see the whole land changing, I’d say there was probably some chance a little while back but with the less than amazing reputation of how it’s been received in Hollywood I don’t see it happening.

Also it’s been previously rumoured that the JPRA change to JW was on the table but budget constraints allowed for either this or the coaster not both.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I certainly don’t see the whole land changing, I’d say there was probably some chance a little while back but with the less than amazing reputation of how it’s been received in Hollywood I don’t see it happening.

Also it’s been previously rumoured that the JPRA change to JW was on the table but budget constraints allowed for either this or the coaster not both.
So we know for certain the river adventure is staying the same themed to Jurassic park or is it still a rumor? I would ask is Jurassic park at epic universe more likely or a Jurassic park river adventure change over to world would be more likely? I just want to see some new Dino AA’s including a mosasaur scene in Florida wouldn’t you?

So we know for certain the river adventure is staying the same themed to Jurassic park or is it still a rumor? I would ask is Jurassic park at epic universe more likely or a Jurassic park river adventure change over to world would be more likely? I just want to see some new Dino AA’s including a mosasaur scene in Florida wouldn’t you?

Well everything is a rumour until an announcement but it’s one a fair few of us are fairly certain on.

If we’re going with what’s more likely, then I’d go with the JW conversion over an EU land, that being said I still do not see it happening.

Some new AA’s would be nice but you can keep your Mosasaur screen shed in Hollywood thank you :lol:

Just to keep the attractions updated with the newer movies out right now and Jurassic World 3 coming in 2021 I find it hard to believe that the coaster will be the only new addition to IOA if epic universe doesn’t get any Jurassic world stuff.

We’ve gotten to the point where a monstrous launch coaster that will potentially be the most intense coaster in Orlando isn’t enough for an addition?

Yikes.

Well, if it’s any consolation; they’re building a totally new Raptor Encounter with multiple “theaters” as well as redoing almost all of the walkways.

We’ve gotten to the point where a monstrous launch coaster that will potentially be the most intense coaster in Orlando isn’t enough for an addition?

Yikes.

Well, if it’s any consolation; they’re building a totally new Raptor Encounter with multiple “theaters” as well as redoing almost all of the walkways.
I hate that people see "coaster" and think cheap out...Universal's last few dark rides have been bafflingly terrible

I think the only complaint I’ve seen consistently is that the coaster isn’t set in Jurassic Park yet the land is remaining Jurassic Park themed. I personally need to see some concept art before I’m dumb hyped for this, now I’m just, hyped. Which is an easy thing for me to be. I don’t think anyone’s denying this won’t be fun

I think the only complaint I’ve seen consistently is that the coaster isn’t set in Jurassic Park yet the land is remaining Jurassic Park themed. I personally need to see some concept art before I’m dumb hyped for this, now I’m just, hyped. Which is an easy thing for me to be. I don’t think anyone’s denying this won’t be fun
Pretty sure the coaster won’t mention park or world, just raptor paddocks.

I also don't like how people complain about the coaster, yet are perfectly ok with Blue being there already.

Also, technically the land is not "the film"...rather it's a separate island that Hammon built after the events of the first movie

I also don't like how people complain about the coaster, yet are perfectly ok with Blue being there already.

Also, technically the land is not "the film"...rather it's a separate island that Hammon built after the events of the first movie
Ya that’s very true on the last part. Idk I’m excited for the coaster but I’m not like super pumped I guess idk. I like JP, love JPRA and the films but the land has never totally done it for me not gonna lie. Maybe because it specifically isn’t the movie as you said, the Batuu of Jurassic Park shall we say. I’m anxious to see some concept art however, sure I’ll have a blast on the coaster.

For the record, never done Raport Encounter so cant say I’m okay with Blue haha. It does look cool however

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

It def annoys the hell out of me that Blue’s in raptor encounter. Out of my control, so I just ignore it.

I’m wondering when we will know more about a Jurassic World land replacing Jurassic park at IOA unless Jurassic World gets put in the plans at epic universe and becomes a confirmed themed land later on. I think the roller coaster will be themed to JW but they could keep the JP themed it would be kinda weird. I see the construction walls in the Jurassic park area at IOA from pics and I don’t know if this is for the land or for completely for a land transformation into JW. It doesn’t make sense to have 2 Jurassic Park themed lands not sure why we haven’t heard more from this. If a Jurassic World sign we’re to come to JP to replace the JP arch wouldn’t they have done that by now or is it still too early? Also if they were to add a gyro sphere ride they might have to build another Jurassic themed land at epic universe? When do you think we will know more details if the land is staying put to the original franchise or not? 2020 or 2021?

It's like ThrillRideLover3214 never left. All that's missing is a reference to-

Ah, there it is.

Anyways, glad to see we're getting footers put in place. Normally that takes up the most time in construction (doubly so with the ones in the water), so it's nice to see things are chugging along.

It's like ThrillRideLover3214 never left. All that's missing is a reference to-

Ah, there it is.

Anyways, glad to see we're getting footers put in place. Normally that takes up the most time in construction (doubly so with the ones in the water), so it's nice to see things are chugging along.
I was waiting for someone to notice it too, I noticed because the questions and IP suggestions were the same.

I’ve mentioned this before, but there might be 10 people the entire day who know that backstory. To the other 99.9%, it’s “Jurassic Park” (as in Isla Nublar).

And they certainly don’t know (or care) that Blue is there “on another island” or with different movies mixing.

Reactions: Coasted
Status
Not open for further replies.