Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember this is essentially the lost Yoshi Ride from Super Nintendo World. Since the budget was originally set for a full Nintendo land (Mario Kart, Yoshi, etc), and then USH had to shrink the plot, we lost the Yoshi Ride in the redesign for the land. Since the budget was already in place, they took the Yoshi ride design and changed the IP and moved it upstairs next to Despicable Me.

SLoP is not going to be a game changer in any way, but it will fill a gap that Universal Studios Hollywood needs: more rides for young children.

That's what happens when you play Rip Van Winkle for 18 months, and sleep through all the update news. :lol::toast:
I love sleep... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not the same ride that you saw in the past. Smaller building, different ride system (reportedly just a busbar now), different story, and probably lesser effects.
If I may ask how is the building smaller? Was it going to have another story because its taking up as much land as it was going to from he start

Also god...I hate hearing a ride thats not that impressive from the start got budget cuts....what is Universal thinking? No wonder Christmas this year had show times for the grinch/potter that had barley 1/4 the full crowds they could hold...they keep cutting things and people aren't showing up. I know summer wise they did well and HHN but noticed the two time I went for Christmas it wasn't the same kinda crowds

If I may ask how is the building smaller? Was it going to have another story because its taking up as much land as it was going to from he start

Also god...I hate hearing a ride thats not that impressive from the start got budget cuts....what is Universal thinking? No wonder Christmas this year had show times for the grinch/potter that had barley 1/4 the full crowds they could hold...they keep cutting things and people aren't showing up. I know summer wise they did well and HHN but noticed the two time I went for Christmas it wasn't the same kinda crowds
The building was originally slated to go in the spot Mario is now in. That was an entirely different ride system and attraction. Kind of like a smaller version of the RotR or Ratatouie ride portions.

I do wish we were getting that other ride, but this one still sounds cute. Universal needs a few rides like this anwyays. My brother and mom and I have seen all these movies together because we all have pets and just absolutely adore this franchise

As good as the previous incarnation looked we really don't know how good this version will be yet, if the inside matches the (mainly) excellent facade we will be in for a treat.

This is a reason for not seeing leaks, rides go through multiple changes before getting greenlit and we don't usually know if the end result is smaller than the original plan.

I’m going in not expecting much, and if I end up being pleasantly surprised, that’s a bonus. If I don’t... well, I wasn’t expecting much anyway. This seems to be a C ticket at best, and that’s okay. It’s not a Rise of the Resistance, nor was it ever intended to be.

My excitement/curiosity comes from seeing Universal do their take on an Omnimover over system. Disney’s had that market cornered for years, and as far as I can think of, no other major theme park chain has really done them (there are a few independent exceptions, notably the Chocolate ride at Hersheypark).

To gain the understanding of how much the ride has changed:

The original name to the Trackless Ride System version was: Secret Life of Pets: Norman Lost in New York. This was going to be a semi retelling of the original film with elements of trying to hunt down Norman the Guinea Pig. There was to be a 2 story building which had a full queue on the 1st floor and a good quality, no screens, preshow. The 2nd floor would have been the entire ride which had 2 trackless vehicles traveling together from room to room in the exact style of Rise of the Resistance. The ride would have finalized with a Sing a-long scene to sausages. There was once a plan to have Central Park in the Lower Lot as a gateway to enter the New York area.

Today, we have an all new design attraction being built as an Omnimover very similar to the new Yoshi attraction in Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan called: Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash.
Not the same ride, but may have some elements from the original concept.

There was once a plan to have Central Park in the Lower Lot as a gateway to enter the New York area.
I hope there is still some retention of this level of thematic integrity in the new Lower Lot plans, whatever they are. We have multiple IP’s from Nintendo, JW, Transformers, which all should live in the LL cohesively.

So if SLoP is the same ride system as Yoshi, thanks to the recent pics from Japan, we now know it is a traditional style Omnimover where there is no gap between cars and they all move at the same speed. We just don't know if these will rotate like Haunted Mansion or not. @Alicia said that the Yoshi RVs do not rotate, so these probably don't either.

I am curious to see what these RVs look like.

I’m just curious to see some more concept art, there’s a million ways they could go for a theme park attraction for this franchise so I’m interested to see what they’ve decided to go with. I really think these films are super fun and cute, hoping the ride translates that feeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.