Middle Earth coming to UOR? | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Middle Earth coming to UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I only suggested that anything is possible given the desire AND funding. That's all. Sheesh...

Anyways, for people who have been following these LOTR rumors the past decade, whether you're an insider or just a reader, does this feel like the most real chance that something legit is in the works? Mainly for me now I feel it is because the Tolkien estate is doing some more things now. So I'm curious what others think. Obviously this is all just pure speculation fun.

Reactions: youhow2
Anyways, for people who have been following these LOTR rumors the past decade, whether you're an insider or just a reader, does this feel like the most real chance that something legit is in the works? Mainly for me now I feel it is because the Tolkien estate is doing some more things now. So I'm curious what others think. Obviously this is all just pure speculation fun.

For me, it's similar to an HHN truism. There's only a handful of IPs left not controlled by Disney. Since (excepting water parks) the only original land UOR ever attempted was back in 1999, they need two new strong IPs to anchor IoA and keep it fresh after EU opens. So a whatever it takes plan to get LotR seems likely, especially with the seeming change in control of the estate. Because what else is out there that could support a land?

For me, it's similar to an HHN truism. There's only a handful of IPs left not controlled by Disney. Since (excepting water parks) the only original land UOR ever attempted was back in 1999, they need two new strong IPs to anchor IoA and keep it fresh after EU opens. So a whatever it takes plan to get LotR seems likely, especially with the seeming change in control of the estate. Because what else is out there that could support a land?
Ya that makes sense. I honestly can’t think of another IP that would be able to attract crowds for years to come. The only other one I can think of is Spongebob, honestly. Even then I’d say it’s not as big. So exciting if possibly true I mean that’d be huggeee.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Middle Earth and Oz are really the last available land worthy IPs. There is a ton of attraction worthy IPs out there like Bond and Star Trek.

Not rumored for EU?

Kung Fu Panda
Shrek
Trolls
Illumination
Looney Tunes
Peanuts
Christmas (Rudolph, Frosty, Santa)
Star Trek
Eternia (He-Man/She-ra)
Hanna Barbara
Oz

I mean, options exist.

Middle Earth and Oz are really the last available land worthy IPs. There is a ton of attraction worthy IPs out there like Bond and Star Trek.
Good call on Oz, but I think for millennials and Gen Z people Spongebob done to a really high level for a land would be a sell, along with all else that Universal has to offer. Everyone I know my age watched the show, kids today still watch the shoe, movie continue to get made and do okay it eeems? Not as familiar with the current box office performance but the next film looks fun and like a nostalgia trip. The musical recently did relatively well and could be turned into a theme park show. So, idk. I’d love to take my hypothetical kid to Bikini Bottom in 10 years when I’m 32, would bring back memories for sure. I think a lot of other people feel the same way but I could be wrong. I don’t watch the show anymore but I’m very fond of it. Timeless honestly.

Good call on Oz, but I think for millennials and Gen Z people Spongebob done to a really high level for a land would be a sell, along with all else that Universal has to offer. Everyone I know my age watched the show, kids today still watch the shoe, movie continue to get made and do okay it eeems? Not as familiar with the current box office performance but the next film looks fun and like a nostalgia trip. The musical recently did relatively well and could be turned into a theme park show. So, idk. I’d love to take my hypothetical kid to Bikini Bottom in 10 years when I’m 32, would bring back memories for sure. I think a lot of other people feel the same way but I could be wrong. I don’t watch the show anymore but I’m very fond of it. Timeless honestly.
I was mainly talking about "available" IPs. There are already 2 parks using the Spongebob IP. The same situation exists with IPs like DC Comics and Peanuts.

My guess:

They're working on this but possibly going to wait to see how the Amazon show performs. If it's disappointing they may not continue with it, or not continue with the same scale.

If the Amazon show does great, then full funding.

I'm sure Universal also sees the popularity of Rise of the Resistance and are thinking they just got "beat" for the #1 attraction in Orlando and they may be looking to bring another big IP into the area

My guess:

They're working on this but possibly going to wait to see how the Amazon show performs. If it's disappointing they may not continue with it, or not continue with the same scale.

If the Amazon show does great, then full funding.

I'm sure Universal also sees the popularity of Rise of the Resistance and are thinking they just got "beat" for the #1 attraction in Orlando and they may be looking to bring another big IP into the area

Would they have the rights to the Amazon show?

I don’t know how these scenarios work, does the license include everything or just the books or the movies or the tv show or everything.

Really, who cares about the Amazon show?

They didn’t have Disney’s Marvel but they have Marvel and it’s just fine.

The iconic movies are the sell here, not the totally unproven Amazon show.

I’m glad you mentioned Oz @Disneyhead - that old concept art for the park in Kansas was incredible. That’s certainly a timeless IP that’s running on over 80 years now. Oz actually would have worked perfect with the EU concept art/layout.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
The only thing that would be good about the amazon show is strong brand recognition. If it’s a major sell and massive success the words “Lord Of The Rings” will be back in the mainstreams.