Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Middle Earth coming to UOR?

Hit up one of my friends last night. He declined to comment. But he did say the UC has REALLY cracked down on "leakers" and how info is shared within the department.
I had mentioned this a while ago. They had everybody redo their confidential information training because of the leaks. They were specifically pissed off at the accuracy of the Hagrid mock-up videos so far in advance.

And, yeah. “Pissed” was the word they used.

I'd guess that leaks on non Universal IP's can really negatively affect the contract negotiation process plus makes it difficult for Universal to ensure that they are a trustworthy partner. Businesses just don't like their non public info to get bandied about.....So I fully understand why Universal would crack down on info leaks.

I had mentioned this a while ago. They had everybody redo their confidential information training because of the leaks. They were specifically pissed off at the accuracy of the Hagrid mock-up videos so far in advance.

And, yeah. “Pissed” was the word they used.
Yeah, I should clarify. When I said my source declined to comment. It wasn't like the good ol' fashioned "I can neither confirm or deny that info" (wink, wink). His exact quote was, "I'm not saying anything about anything", then went on to talk about craking down on "leakers".

Yeah, I should clarify. When I said my source declined to comment. It wasn't like the good ol' fashioned "I can neither confirm or deny that info" (wink, wink). His exact quote was, "I'm not saying anything about anything", then went on to talk about craking down on "leakers".
Yep. I had basically the same conversation.

Although, after a couple of beers, I got some China info.

I'd guess that leaks on non Universal IP's can really negatively affect the contract negotiation process plus makes it difficult for Universal to ensure that they are a trustworthy partner. Businesses just don't like their non public info to get bandied about.....So I fully understand why Universal would crack down on info leaks.
I can’t imagine JK Rowling is happy about her entire brand new ride being entirely leaked with a lot of the public seeing it. Maybe not “a lot”, but it definitely reaches a little further than our community here. Looks almost careless on Universal’s part. I can see why they’d crack down on outside IPs as well. Nintendo has been very well leaked as well and the Nintendo fan base is just massive and has eaten it up.

Edit: Also, I can see outside people seeing this as Universal not protecting their brand that they are allowing them to use. Can totally see why this a potential major issue for them.

Last edited:
Ok, a quick informal poll,

Who here thinks the best way to handle the IP is to build a land based on the Amazon series. Invent a never heard of before location. And lock it into a time frame that is 1000 years before any of the popular characters are born?
As long as they ignore the films that made the brand popular I think we can all agree that would make a satisfying LOTR land. Sounds like a genius concept.

Who here thinks the best way to handle the IP is to build a land based on the Amazon series. Invent a never heard of before location. And lock it into a time frame that is 1000 years before any of the popular characters are born?
Use the Lotr movies. The characters are well known and the roadmap was paved for any fantasy franchise after that. And I also don't wasn't a Galaxy Edge patchwork non location, I want the movie locations.

What's the point of the land then, especially when the most iconic bits and imagery consist of that from what has been already produced.

@Legacy can confirm if this was actually the case, but I believe the Ghostbuster leaks during the last HHN actually sunk another IP coming to the event. That was a pretty wild story.
That’s the story that was intimated to me, but I’ve heard different recently that GoT was discussed but never really go far enough for HBO to get involved. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Known land(s), set after events of the books/movies. The rides/shows are structured in a “retelling the legends” of the Fellowship and Bilbo fashion.

It honors the nature of the story and world itself values storytelling and mythology.

EDIT - Frankly, I think this is one only three “proper” ways to do these hyper-immersive lands.

“In Canon” - Occurs in a known time period already presented in media. Hogsmeade, Diagon, and Galaxy’s Edge are in canon.

“Out of Canon” - These are the “land out of time” proposals that allow a mismatch of characters. Radiator Springs is decent example.

“Pre/Post Canon” - Takes place before or after presented media. Pandora is post-canon.

And all lands *should* be known.

Last edited: