Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

I can’t remember if someone has done this since SLOP has moved to the upper lot, but has anyone placed the “new” version of SLOPs show building over Shrek?

I would have minimal problem with Universal keeping Shrek if they updated the video quality. I can’t watch the show without getting a headache. The 3D is too old.

Yes, because it’s already been designed.
So, it was designed to also fit the Shrek building? Wording here leaves a little bit of room for interpretation here haha. Im very curious if this has any real chance at replacing Shrek. If we aren't getting a major replacement for kid zone soon then this is the ride Universal Studios Florida NEEDS at the moment.

So, it was designed to also fit the Shrek building? Wording here leaves a little bit of room for interpretation here haha. Im very curious if this has any real chance at replacing Shrek. If we aren't getting a major replacement for kid zone soon then this is the ride Universal Studios Florida NEEDS at the moment.
A version was designed to fit the Shrek plot. A lot of variables have gone into why it hasn’t happened yet. If it gets a cool reception in Hollywood, then Orlando won’t pull the trigger on it.

A version was designed to fit the Shrek plot. A lot of variables have gone into why it hasn’t happened yet. If it gets a cool reception in Hollywood, then Orlando won’t pull the trigger on it.
If you told me in 2008 that Universal was going to buy new property and open a new resort before Shrek was replaced I would have laughed in your face

Outside of Kid Zone I can’t think of anything else. It’s just a badly aging theater show with a movie that was old when it started.
Only other than I can think of before Kidzone is Fear Factor but I know they use that space during HHN, so they may not feel the need to take it down until something major replaces that area. Hoping we get SLOP here for 2024