Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

I agree. It's not like the old days when summer dominated attendance, and it was important to open/market then to get your maximum. Things have changed. Spring Break and the winter Holidays are now stronger than summer, and even the other times of year do pretty well. Not many slow times anymore, and lots of on site hotel rooms guarantee a decent crowd. Sooo, best to open when it's ready instead of pushing things. The money will ultimately come, so what's the hurry.
I agree

Back in the day Universal had HHN and summer, nowadays marketing too early can have a negative impact on their attendance.

Attendance that seems to be up consistently regardless of the time of year

Reallyyyy hoping this makes it for the first week in April. Im pretty psyched for this show tbh. USF has a decent amount to do rn being on vacation there for 8 days but this could add soooooooo much. I love a good stunt show (hell, I was a fan of Sinbad!) so honestly I'm hyped for this here. Just wanna see some of the action cause I really don't know what to expect.

I want this to knock Waterworld off it's throne as "Universal's Best Show EVER!"
Wow! Waterword has set a really high standard. I guess time will tell......With the space limitations of indoors, as opposed to outdoors, that will be a hell of a accomplishment if they can pull it off. Myself, I'll be happy if Bourne is even close to being what Terminator was.

I want this to knock Waterworld off it's throne as "Universal's Best Show EVER!"
Unless they have some incredible set piece that blows our mind, it's going to be hard to compete with the set of Waterworld.

So while I, too, hope. It's very unlikely.
EU, with being able to build an entire set/stage from scratch designed around a show seems a more likely champion.

I'd settle for it just being good. The resort hasn't had a large-scale, multiple-show-a-day, must-see show forever.
Unless they have some incredible set piece that blows our mind, it's going to be hard to compete with the set of Waterworld.

EU, with being able to build an entire set/stage from scratch designed around a show seems a more likely champion.
I still think there's a high probability that large scale arena that looks connected to Uni Monsters in the EU art won't be connected to it at all, and will be the same Waterworld area Beijing is getting.

But we'll have to wait for @Alicia to pull those permits haha

The last 3 shows that I saw that TAIT produced absolutely blew my mind.

I'd settle for it just being good. The resort hasn't had a large-scale, multiple-show-a-day, must-see show forever.

I still think there's a high probability that large scale arena that looks connected to Uni Monsters in the EU art won't be connected to it at all, and will be the same Waterworld area Beijing is getting.

But we'll have to wait for @Alicia to pull those permits haha
I don't think it's Waterworld. It looks like it will have significant backstage and wings for flying in Broadway scale set pieces.

Wow! Waterword has set a really high standard. I guess time will tell......With the space limitations of indoors, as opposed to outdoors, that will be a hell of a accomplishment if they can pull it off. Myself, I'll be happy if Bourne is even close to being what Terminator was.
I think "Disaster!" was superior to "Catastrophe Canyon" although the last one was bigger in every way. Being (en)close-up on the action can be more impactful than watching in a giant stadium imho.

Went to Universal Hollywood for the first time this past fall. Never was a big show guy in theme parks, but figured I should catch a showing of Waterworld just to see what all the hub bub was all about.

Wow.

It blew me away. If Bourne is even HALF as exciting and well produced as Waterworld was, this will be a welcome addition to Florida.

Should be just as well produced since it’s the same group. Just hope the excitement stays due to being indoors.

I mean if they can be billed as "best theme park show" in the US or at least Orlando, id imagine that's gotta help sell a little at USF? I hope at the very least.