CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fossil is closing on Feb. 20th or 22nd. The combined space will become the new Universal Store. The current Universal Store will become a new restaurant concept from Universal Creative.

Just what I'm hearing.

I'd go with that

And don't expect and sales, stock will just get filtered into other stores.

Uni closing the lease 6 years early.

I’d bet the house on it being a quick serve. There isn’t much in the way of good quick serve in CityWalk and most that is there are megachains.

Seems the only thing possible, but assuming there are non-competes, don't existing locations cover most of the quick-serve cuisine options? Only thing I could see is chicken place (like Chicken Guy/PDQ/Huey Magoos). Unless it's completely out-of-left field like schwarma or something, but while small the space seems a little too big for anything other than a crowd-pleaser.

I wonder if they are planning to open a more retail focused district on the Epic Universe site since the retail aspect of City Walk is practically extinct. Which is probably for the best for my wallet.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I've just seen the Mardi Grass event store on the youtube and it looks amazing. I love thow Universal does their event stores. If they could translate that to a new Universal Studios Store I am fine with it.
The death of shortcut is sad.

The current Universal Store could be expanded, in front of it is enough space. Looking forward to another excellent food option in Citywalk.

Seems the only thing possible, but assuming there are non-competes, don't existing locations cover most of the quick-serve cuisine options? Only thing I could see is chicken place (like Chicken Guy/PDQ/Huey Magoos). Unless it's completely out-of-left field like schwarma or something, but while small the space seems a little too big for anything other than a crowd-pleaser.
Yea. I'm sticking with my gut that whatever is happening, a Nintendo store is showing up at CW in this project

Reactions: SeventyOne
A question, how far could they go in expanding the footprint of the old Universal Studios Store, without messing with other facilties?

I don't think it's a dining concept either, and it wouldn't shock me if it might be a red herring for something else (trying to throw people off, not Dave specifically but whoever is mentioning it).

Unless they find a way for it to be 4x larger, that ain't happening.
The two upper floors are the Rising Star, and they could theoretically be closing that and combing the whole building into a larger 3 story space. Does anyone know if Rising Star has kitchen facilities?

A question, how far could they go in expanding the footprint of the old Universal Studios Store, without messing with other facilties?

I don't think it's a dining concept either, and it wouldn't shock me if it might be a red herring for something else (trying to throw people off, not Dave specifically but whoever is mentioning it).

Very marginally. It’s flanked on the left by access stairs and on the right by the walkway to HDHoF and Antojitos.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
That's what I thought. I am still leaning towards preview center. But was told tonight, new restaurant. So...:shrug:

But I do believe the combined space will be a new Universal Studios Store.
Could be a preview center until/through 2022, then turned into a quick service option in 2023 to accommodate for the (likelihood) of more guests and has something on the current property opening.

Reactions: Disneyhead
The two upper floors are the Rising Star, and they could theoretically be closing that and combing the whole building into a larger 3 story space. Does anyone know if Rising Star has kitchen facilities?
Realized after getting home and doing a quick look, Hot Dog Hall of Fame shares that space with Rising Star and Universal Store. I don't think HDHoF is setting the world on fire, and it has a full kitchen, so it's not inconceivable that the whole building could turn into a three story restaurant with some work.

Reactions: Mad Dog