The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legacy clue rumors:

Clue 1 “Coat of Arms”- Conjuring Universe House
Clue 2 “Fairy Fountain”- Dr. Who House
Clue 3 “Dinah Hayley”- ???
Clue 4 “Sane Abandoned Firetruck”- ???
Clue 5 “Cereal Milk Eater Guy”- Billie Eilish lagoon show
Clue 6 “NF keys”- Bettlejuice Zone
Clue 7 “ASA E6-B Flight Computer- ???
Clue 8 “American Flag Pie”- Cafe Labmab location
Clue 9 “Old Man River”- ???

Reactions: londonwerecat
Interesting... They have used smaller spaces for house builds in the past. RIP needs more room anyway, it has outgrown what CLB can offer... Lombard's is used every year as a private bar area, i could see them using it as the Check-in and buffet area. A lot more space there inside and out.

My wild, and most likely wrong, guess:

Assuming that L = Location and the clue is only meant to point us to the location in the park, not reveal anything about what will go in said location.

My first thought when seeing that image was American Pie the song, not the film. Song is about the Day the Music Died. One of the musicians killed in the crash was Ritchie Valens. Ritchie's biggest hit was La Bamba.

This clue says the location in the park is Cafe La Bamba.

Stage show (Jack/Icon? AoV? Something else?) across from La Bamba?
By the way, when I said the Pie clue was both too easy and too hard, this is what I meant. The logic (to me) is very simple. American Pie song -> Ritchie Valens -> Cafe La Bamba.

The difficulty came from not knowing what "form" the answer would take, and what the rumor was actually about. So, for the sake of clarity.

An 11th house is rumored to go into Cafe La Bamba.

Exit through the front door, directly into the park.

When they had houses in Thunderfalls Terrace, the queue ran through backstage, and guests entered the house -- literally -- through the kitchen exit. It then when through the kitchen, into the restaurant area and out through the front door into the park.
That is a good info^^ thx for that. I think then it could be a very interesting location for a house

Reactions: Kadath
It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out, but I don’t see a house fitting into Cafe LaBamba. It didn’t seem like there was much space from what I saw during our RIP tour. Maybe if it were an up-charge/VR experience?

I’m surprised they wouldn’t try to add another sprung back by F&F to spread out the houses.

Is it smaller than Nazermans?

By the way, when I said the Pie clue was both too easy and too hard, this is what I meant. The logic (to me) is very simple. American Pie song -> Ritchie Valens -> Cafe La Bamba.

The difficulty came from not knowing what "form" the answer would take, and what the rumor was actually about. So, for the sake of clarity.

An 11th house is rumored to go into Cafe La Bamba.

Once you see it, it is very obvious. My problem comes from knowing your clues are usually more difficult. Ended up overthinking it. At least, I managed to figure out a date/location from one of your picture clues for once!

Looking at satellite images, I'd say the footprint is probably comparable to half of Shrek. However; this doesn't take into account actual "usable" space.

I'm sure they're able to clear out the second theater more than they'll be able to clear out a functional restaurant.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Never experienced a house in that location, but from the looks of that space, no it’s larger than Nazermans.

With the way HHN houses are designed now, I can’t picture a space like Nazermans or La Bamabs being utilized for a house.

Depends on the type of house. If Nazermans is smaller and was used for years, they can make it work. Bloodbath had what felt like a large club as one of its rooms. They know how to utilize small spaces. If the house is a claustrophobic style house, it can work. If doesn’t require large open spaces, it can work. There are, also, tricks to make a space look/feel larger. Think about the footprint we saw for Ho1C, it doesn’t seem large.

EDIT: Tent 3 (MIB) is only 5,750 sqft. That isn’t all house space. They have to run electrical through it, have space for backstage areas, and space for equipment.

Last edited:
Never experienced a house in that location, but from the looks of that space, no it’s larger than Nazermans.

With the way HHN houses are designed now, I can’t picture a space like Nazermans or La Bamabs being utilized for a house.
As they say, necessity is the mother of all invention.

There's also the fact that HHN houses, since the closure of Jaws, haven't been that constrained in builds. Shrek's limitations aren't much compared to other houses they've built in the past. But queue and restaurant houses HAVE been down before, in similarly limited buildings. If the rumor is true, it'll be the most old-school house in the bunch simply because that's what it would have to be.

As they say, necessity is the mother of all invention.

There's also the fact that HHN houses, since the closure of Jaws, haven't been that constrained in builds. Shrek's limitations aren't much compared to other houses they've built in the past. But queue and restaurant houses HAVE been down before, in similarly limited buildings. If the rumor is true, it'll be the most old-school house in the bunch simply because that's what it would have to be.
This might be a incredibly dumb question but would this be a shorter house then we are used to now or about the same length as a tent?

So would CLB be closed for a long time?
Likely a similar length of time as Shrek's second theater.
This might be a incredibly dumb question but would this be a shorter house then we are used to now or about the same length as a tent?
Dunno. We don't a recent frame of reference for it.

But, a Sprung has a total space of approximately 5,200 square feet. La Bamba is a conservative 7,500 square feet. While, yes, using it would require clever design and the removal of stuff to work, that's not uncommon.

Again, though. This is a rumor. And while more houses have been brought up (as rumor) in the past, this is a first time a location has been tied to any of them.

Who's to say the couldn't add a tent
Likely a similar length of time as Shrek's second theater.

Dunno. We don't a recent frame of reference for it.

But, a Sprung has a total space of approximately 5,200 square feet. La Bamba is a conservative 7,500 square feet. While, yes, using it would require clever design and the removal of stuff to work, that's not uncommon.

Again, though. This is a rumor. And while more houses have been brought up (as rumor) in the past, this is a first time a location has been tied to any of them.

Apologies if this has been brought up but this thread is wild this year and I can't always keep up.

The fact a location is specifically being rumoured are we thinking this is because the building facade lends its self to the maze theme, or just a new location thing?

Who's to say the couldn't add a tent

Apologies if this has been brought up but this thread is wild this year and I can't always keep up.

The fact a location is specifically being rumoured are we thinking this is because the building facade lends its self to the maze theme, or just a new location thing?
If the rumor is true, I suspect the house facade will be in the back and the house will exit into the park through the front door. The building's appearance has nothing to do with it (because you can't queue through the park on a main thoroughfare like that).

Point being, the only time we've gotten a "more houses" rumor with a specific location tied to it was when they started using Shrek. Every other time, there was no location.

Last edited:
None of the houses in TFT were very well received (including what's considered to be the WOAT), but if we absolutely have to have a house increase, I'd be happy to see an unconventional location.

Reactions: Kadath
Status
Not open for further replies.