Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 678 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a reminder, the JP coaster is using the Giga style coaster track from Intamin:

If you had any doubt, this coaster is going to pack a punch.
It's slightly different from that track, it uses the newer version that they have on Hyperion and Pantheon with the flat crossties rather than tubes.
3286394D-68B6-4AA9-8445-60045AC6E416.jpeg

Starting to see the different levels of track we're gonna see. Launch 2 is set well below most of the footers that have been poured so far. Giving me even more "Taron" vibes.

Bah gawd this project is awesome.

curious to see how storyline wise the top hat is involved... there are opening and closing scenes so you’d expect them to have a story. I wonder if, since JPark is, canon wise, a theme park, they’ll just say it’s a coaster but “OH NO RAPTORS GOT LOOSE WHILE YOU RIDE IT”

i’m cool with that honestly

curious to see how storyline wise the top hat is involved... there are opening and closing scenes so you’d expect them to have a story. I wonder if, since JPark is, canon wise, a theme park, they’ll just say it’s a coaster but “OH NO RAPTORS GOT LOOSE WHILE YOU RIDE IT”

i’m cool with that honestly
I don't think anything that happens track-wise will be as literal as Hagrid, where the spike is the bike stalling out. I'd expect the ride portion to be a little more abstract ala the idea on Hulk where you are "Hulking out" during the ride

I don't think anything that happens track-wise will be as literal as Hagrid, where the spike is the bike stalling out. I'd expect the ride portion to be a little more abstract ala the idea on Hulk where you are "Hulking out" during the ride
so you’re thinking it’s a “were the raptors” situation? awesome

Did we ever get a leak as to how tall the top hat will be?? That's a long launch for like 100ft...??

Did we ever get a leak as to how tall the top hat will be?? That's a long launch for like 100ft...??

I'm completely fuzzy about this project outside of the bullet points. I've read from 100ft to 200ft but at some point, it was scaled back.

For reference, Rockit is 160ft tall and this is going to be a much more extreme coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.