The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither. It didn't hit me until this morning actually. And it was just me catching a glimpse of how "iZombie" is crafted with a capital "Z" like it's a name (even though I had typed it that way numerous times, it just didn't register). It all fell right into place after that. I'm HOPING I got this one right - @Legacy said he would confirm if someone "nailed it". That's why I posted the entire guess from start to finish. It feels right - doesn't mean that it is obviously, but it feels that way.

If so, you did the really tough part getting us to iZombie. Kudos.

Was there a reason not to stop at the Halloween remake? Seems like Michael Myers on all the shirts is marketing gold. He was at 24 (Halloween), then 26 (Halloween: Welcome to Haddonfield), and then 28 (Halloween 4: Return of Michael Myers). Following that sequence, 30 would be a good time to make the Rob Zombie Halloween, especially coming off his HHN29 run.

Ok folks, I think I MIGHT have figured it out (and I rarely "call my shot" - last time I did was when I nailed the Sane Abandoned clue). So, HERE WE GO:

* Far Side Clue = Push
* Push is a famous Matchbox 20 song
* Rob Thomas is the Lead Singer of Matchbox 20
* A different Rob Thomas is the writer of iZombie
* iZombie leads to the name Rob Zombie
* Rob Zombie wrote and directed Halloween remake (2007)
* The original Halloween (1978) was written and directed by John Carpenter
* John Carpenter directed THE THING
* Final answer = THE THING
That’s a good one. I knew there was something more than just Rob Zombie. If it was The Thing all along and we just didn’t follow the right path that would really suck lol.

Reactions: JJ591
Forgive me but which soundstage is this. Also if it’s held 2 houses before 11 houses sounds kinda possible!

SS 23, it's confusing for me to remember, it held both The Thing and Nightingales Blood Prey, I believe it used the same entrance as you used for ST and Us last year, I believe in the back, don't hold me too because that was awhile ago lol, I would look back on the old event guides to remember. My mind keeps going back to SS 22, which looks to be out this year now.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
Was there a reason not to stop at the Halloween remake? Seems like Michael Myers on all the shirts is marketing gold. He was at 24 (Halloween), then 26 (Halloween: Welcome to Haddonfield), and then 28 (Halloween 4: Return of Michael Myers). Following that sequence, 30 would be a good time to make the Rob Zombie Halloween, especially coming off his HHN29 run.

I mean I could understand why they ignored it because why do a remake of the original you already did, we only had gotten The Thing as a remake, we had TCM as a remake before the original at 26, Friday The 13th was based on multiple movies, NOES as well, but Halloween, Mike and the team really went for the classics, and no offense to Rob but they didn't want to do that, I'm sure they would have asked if he had wanted to do House Of 1000 Corpses instead. I'm sorta glad that they ended with H4, I mean they wouldn't be able to touch the new films because of all the stuff going on, Blumhouse could only help them to a certain point. I wouldn't mind H5 coming to the event but it's not necessary.

and yes Tryston, GB was in SS 22 last year.

1-One of the mods said not to expect a Halloween property this year
2-Halloween had NOT been mentioned as an answer to the Push clue, and @Legacy said the answer has been mentioned

I had heard H5 coming a while back, but haven't heard anything since.

I found this image. Was GB in 22 last year?

Yes.

Ok folks, I think I MIGHT have figured it out (and I rarely "call my shot" - last time I did was when I nailed the Sane Abandoned clue). So, HERE WE GO:

* Far Side Clue = Push

Which was in SS23 last no?

* Far Side Clue = Push

That is such a stretch. :look:

By that logic it could also be:
- They Live
- The Fog
- In The Mouth of Madness

Or any other Carpenter film.

But for the record, I think it could be The Thing. This just isn't the correct connection.

1-One of the mods said not to expect a Halloween property this year
2-Halloween had NOT been mentioned as an answer to the Push clue, and @Legacy said the answer has been mentioned

I had heard H5 coming a while back, but haven't heard anything since.

Yeah I think it's just a spec at this point, I don't think they would have gone that route, H5 was sorta the black sheep of the franchise more than H3 because of the Thorn storyline and I don't think they would have sold Thorn Symbol shirts or stuff, the fact Michael wasn't really the importance of the film too, but regardless, I don't expect getting anything of Halloween for awhile, maybe just maybe if they find a way to conjure up The Titans Of Terror idea again that Hollywood had but executed not as well, but we would have a sweet house for sure with Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Michael, take various scenes from each of their past houses and boom, works well.

They Live would make a nice scarezone I'd say not so much a house but a scarezone with the Obey signs and stuff, it would be really cool. The Fog, we've had twice in The Forsaken and Dead Man's Wharf scarezone, In The Mouth Of Madness, a love story to H.P. Lovecraft, I could only dream of that house ever happening. :)

That is such a stretch. :look:

By that logic it could also be:
- They Live
- The Fog
- In The Mouth of Madness

Or any other Carpenter film.

But for the record, I think it could be The Thing. This just isn't the correct connection.

Except none of those had been mentioned as guesses before. Legacy said it was hard. Going from that comic strip clue to "push" (instead of the myriad of other possibilities) to Matchbox 20 to iZombie would have been considered a "stretch" as well I think, right up to the point when it was confirmed. Not saying it's "right", but given how @Taylor13 made that really tough connection I wouldn't say the rest of it is that far out of the box.

Which was in SS23 last no?
Correct. In fact, I think (if memory serves, which it often doesn't), that was the last house in SS23. But I could be wrong on that.

Yeah I think it's just a spec at this point, I don't think they would have gone that route, H5 was sorta the black sheep of the franchise more than H3 because of the Thorn storyline and I don't think they would have sold Thorn Symbol shirts or stuff, the fact Michael wasn't really the importance of the film too, but regardless, I don't expect getting anything of Halloween for awhile, maybe just maybe if they find a way to conjure up The Titans Of Terror idea again that Hollywood had but executed not as well, but we would have a sweet house for sure with Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Michael, take various scenes from each of their past houses and boom, works well.

They Live would make a nice scarezone I'd say not so much a house but a scarezone with the Obey signs and stuff, it would be really cool. The Fog, we've had twice in The Forsaken and Dead Man's Wharf scarezone, In The Mouth Of Madness, a love story to H.P. Lovecraft, I could only dream of that house ever happening. :)

While H5 started the Thorn storyline, H6 was the one that really fleshed it out. That being said, I think H5 is possibly the worst of all the Halloween films (that and Resurrection are really close for me).

I've always said that They Live would make an amazing SZ. The only SZ I'd want more is The Fog. I think The Fog, with those great, slimy creature designs with all that fog on the ground, would make for the best SZ I could imagine. They could even do a performance with the priest holding the golden cross and the creatures closing in on him as he recites the words from the diary found. Oh man would it be epic!!!

Last edited:
The Thing wouldn’t be as huge because it’s already been featured a couple times.

It goes back to The Thing in 2011, the house was good, but wasn't like Assimilation at 17, but enough time has passed that I think the house would be passable, right now it feels like it doesn't feel huge until maybe later into the event, if it comes it'll get better besides it wasn't a headline house in both years, Freddy, Jason and Leatherface headline 17 and 21 was just another build up for ips to slowly come to event.

and yes SS 23 did hold The Thing and Nightingales Blood Prey last.

Something to consider when talking about Halloween to HHN:

Halloween 1 & 2 were passion projects from A&D. Halloween 4 was a last-minute addition. The Shrek location was off the table until it wasn't. The easy way to add the 10th house with so little time? Using an IP they owned, requiring little development with sets and costumes they've used.

Also, so we can just stop it before it even starts. 2 properties you're unlikely to see at HHN for the immediate future - TWD and the Purge*.

(*Disclaimer: With it being an anniversary year, I can see a nod to it, but not as a featured IP)

Forgive me but which soundstage is this. Also if it’s held 2 houses before 11 houses sounds kinda possible!

With the A in the permit description, SS23 will hold two houses this year. If there’s an A, there’s usually a B.

MIB Tent house permit is up as well. That’s 6 of the 10(11?).

They always try to do the tents early because of the heat. Starting construction this early for the old parade bldg and an SS...

Creates questions.

My brain is automatically including SS23B in the count. We only have 5 permits.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you. That’s why I thought a netflix house featuring multiple shows could be a possibility. They have plenty of shows for a variety of people and sure we don’t need every netflix show at the event however we didn’t need stranger things but it was popular and people went because it was popular not because it was scary.

Not sure if Haunting or Scream would either.

Someone mentioned TWD. But I don’t see it as being anywhere near hot enough to announce first.

Haunting with the second season waiting in the wings, its decent but its coming off more of a replacement for this year that Universal can and hope not use ST for next year after 4th season is done, saying that they did both seasons of Haunting and back to Hawkins we go you know.

Scream, maybe not like Halloween or FT13th but it has sorta that following, now the shows sorta screwed it up, The first film is memorable, from the kitchen to the padio, the hanging body on the tree, the house facade, the garage kill, there's a lot they work with and add additional stuff here and there in the house to make it good, I'm sure they would also add in a room where there a bunch of Ghostfaces on both sides real and actors because why not lol but it's also one of Wes Craven's Passion Projects after NOES.

TWD has had many chances, I think I said before that if they had used actual actors this time, a current Walking Dead would passable but right now the damage is done to the franchise and it needs to move over something else to take it's place.

Stranger Thing's come to be at the event was that it's Netflixs' golden goose and it's made it's presence known twice, the first good, the second not so nice but a decent ending with the Mindflayer creature, but I'd say ours was far better than Hollywood's sequel. I think seeing how ST ended up, they must come to realization that not every Netflix show has to come to the event and with the second house for ST it sorta show, they rushed it and I'm sure they would rush a bit with Haunting as well if it comes too. Right now it looks like Netflix's second golden goose is Sabrina and I wouldn't doubt them having their eyes set on that coming in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.