The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GUESSES ON THIS MADDENINGLY DIFFICULT CLUE AFTER TAYLOR 13 GOT US TO ROB THOMAS:

STEMMING FROM IZOMBIE PATH (more likely):
Rob Zombie house
Scary Tales return (debunked)
Catacombs sequel (debunked)
Mythology house (debunked)
Dead Exposure sequel

A Clockwork Orange
Scream
The Faculty
The Walking Dead
The Shining
Dr. Sleep
Shady Brook Rest Home
The Changeling (debunked)
Sabrina
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
Supernatural
Brain Dead/Dead Alive
Frankenstein
George Romero property/Day Of The Dead
Run sequel
Leprechaun
Alfred Hitchcock house
Truth Or Dare
Body Collectors return
Hellraiser
The Thing
The Ring
Lucifer
Haunting of Hill House

STEMMING FROM ROB THOMAS PATH (less likely):
Lost Boys (debunked)
My Bloody Valentine
Friday the 13th (but Jason X was debunked)
Sabrina
Haunting of Hill House
Hellraiser
Candyman

* NOTE: When I say (debunked) it means that @Legacy responded in a fashion that would make it seem like this is NOT the answer. Also, he has pretty much stated anything stemming from Veronica Mars is incorrect so I did not list those here.

** SECOND NOTE: The fact that Legacy intimated that this could be the first announcement, I STRONGLY believe it would be an IP instead of an original (since IPs are almost always the first house announcement). So I'm going to strikethrough "original" guesses on that premise.

Just throwing them all out there now. I like it. I feel like this house is right under our nose.

Don’t have to go, but posting about a transformers house in a speculation thread based on actual rumors doesn’t belong.

A little off topic just started playing the new Dead By Daylight DLC Chains Of Hate and it really gives me a lot of Ghost Town/ Lighting Gulch vibes

1583901493815.jpeg

GUESSES ON THIS MADDENINGLY DIFFICULT CLUE AFTER TAYLOR 13 GOT US TO ROB THOMAS:

STEMMING FROM IZOMBIE PATH (more likely):
Rob Zombie house
Scary Tales return (debunked)
Catacombs sequel (debunked)
Mythology house (debunked)
Dead Exposure sequel

A Clockwork Orange
Scream
The Faculty
The Walking Dead
The Shining
Dr. Sleep
Shady Brook Rest Home
The Changeling (debunked)
Sabrina
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
Supernatural
Brain Dead/Dead Alive
Frankenstein
George Romero property/Day Of The Dead
Run sequel
Leprechaun
Alfred Hitchcock house
Truth Or Dare
Body Collectors return
Hellraiser

The Thing
The Ring
Lucifer
Haunting of Hill House

STEMMING FROM ROB THOMAS PATH (less likely):
Lost Boys (debunked)
My Bloody Valentine
Friday the 13th (but Jason X was debunked)
Sabrina
Haunting of Hill House
Hellraiser (debunked)
Candyman (debunked)

* NOTE: When I say (debunked) it means that @Legacy responded in a fashion that would make it seem like this is NOT the answer. Also, he has pretty much stated anything stemming from Veronica Mars is incorrect so I did not list those here.

** SECOND NOTE: The fact that Legacy intimated that this could be the first announcement, I STRONGLY believe it would be an IP instead of an original (since IPs are almost always the first house announcement). So I'm going to strikethrough "original" guesses on that premise.

*** THIRD EDIT: Stuck out Hellraiser and Candyman because @Legacy debunked those too.

Of these, given that @Legacy has implied that this is a big IP (worthy of 1st announcement level), I think it would come down to one of these 4 (with a heavy emphasis on these first 2):
* Scream
* The Thing
* Friday the 13th
* Haunting Of Hill House

EDIT: One connection that hasn't been mentioned yet:
* Everything to get to iZombie
* Bex Taylor-Klaus played Teresa Giovanni in iZombie
* Bex Taylor-Klaus also played Audrey in the TV version of Scream

Last edited:
Reactions: redy2468
It was mentioned in the Hollywood thread that they’re working really hard to lock in a white whale for this year(Scream, Beetlejuice, Conjuring level properties). I’d bet this is Scream or Hill House. F13’s lawsuit ends in June and The Thing, while big, wouldn’t compare to something like Beetlejuice in terms of excitement across demographics - basically it couldn’t anchor an event by being first announced.

Reactions: Guygas
It was mentioned in the Hollywood thread that they’re working really hard to lock in a white whale for this year(Scream, Beetlejuice, Conjuring level properties). I’d bet this is Scream or Hill House. F13’s lawsuit ends in June and The Thing, while big, wouldn’t compare to something like Beetlejuice in terms of excitement across demographics - basically it couldn’t anchor an event by being first announced.

I don't think this one is Beetlejuice because 1) It was already an answer to a different clue, 2) It hasn't been mentioned for this clue, and 3) Legacy said the answer for this clue has been mentioned already.

I tend to agree with you about Scream - that seems to be the biggest get - and even though Legacy almost tried to downplay it a little, you could tell that he thought it was a really big property that would likely lead the 30th Anniversary event. I think Scream would be by far the biggest of the ones mentioned. The Thing would be a big one too - but moreso to us "more seasoned" moviegoers and not as mainstream as Scream. I would love for either. The Thing, Hellraiser, and Scream might be my top 3 IP "hope" houses.

The one thing that has me thinking The Thing is that Legacy said that the answer was "mentioned". Scream has been a repeat answer with a few deep dives. The Thing was mentioned once, recently, partly in kind of passing. So it kind of snuck under the radar and wasn't really discussed after the answer was given. And, if Uni is actually trying to cut IP costs a little, The Thing makes sense since they already own the rights.

I don't think this one is Beetlejuice because 1) It was already an answer to a different clue, 2) It hasn't been mentioned for this clue, and 3) Legacy said the answer for this clue has been mentioned already.

I tend to agree with you about Scream - that seems to be the biggest get - and even though Legacy almost tried to downplay it a little, you could tell that he thought it was a really big property that would likely lead the 30th Anniversary event. I think Scream would be by far the biggest of the ones mentioned. The Thing would be a big one too - but moreso to us "more seasoned" moviegoers and not as mainstream as Scream. I would love for either. The Thing, Hellraiser, and Scream might be my top 3 IP "hope" houses.

The one thing that has me thinking The Thing is that Legacy said that the answer was "mentioned". Scream has been a repeat answer with a few deep dives. The Thing was mentioned once, recently, partly in kind of passing. So it kind of snuck under the radar and wasn't really discussed after the answer was given. And, if Uni is actually trying to cut IP costs a little, The Thing makes sense since they already own the rights.

Just to clarify, I was comparing Thing with another classic IP like Beetlejuice in terms of announcement excitement. Either way, if it’s any of those 4 were in good shape.

Reactions: JJ591
Just to clarify, I was comparing Thing with another classic IP like Beetlejuice in terms of announcement excitement. Either way, if it’s any of those 4 were in good shape.

Beetlejuice would be likely reach a wider spectrum audience I think, and I think it could make a terrific house, but I'm not sure it would generate more excitement than The Thing. For a lot of horror connoisseurs, The Thing is at or very near the top of the horror pyramid. I think it could headline a house list the way The Shining did at HHN27. I think you're right that The Thing wouldn't be as epically monstrous as something like Scream or Conjuring (or maybe even IT), but it would be on that next tier and perfectly capable imo of being the big name #1 house - especially if it gets coupled with other popular IPs like Creepshow, Chucky, etc. Just my opinion though.

Beetlejuice would make a good house yes but The Thing as in the original film has been demanded before, I could see them more as being side by side together than one over the other if that makes sense. It has the potential of being one of the headliners like The Shining was at 27. After getting a sequel-esque house at 17 and the 2011 remake at 21, to have them finally grab it this year would be perfect.

Scream on the other hand is another demanded property that would be perfect now that the show is sorta just dead in the water and Universal can try to capture it this time and make it based on the films after the debacle that happened at 25.

Conjuring, I'm iffy about, I mean it seems like one of those properties I could see or couldn't see happening, but the house might be based a little more on The Nun and Annabelle for marketing purposes. IT is one of those if they are lucky to get it by King, it would be promising but I feel like he's not over what happened with The Shining coming to the event at 27, so who knows about these two atm.

As for Creepshow with the traction it got in Hollywood it has potential maybe promoting season 2 while Hollywood could get it returning with only featuring the second season.

Chucky with the stellar scarezone at 28 and he being a Universal property he wouldn't be one of the headlining ips I don't think but would be one of the featured ips if anything.

Last edited:
Would hellraiser be a white whale?
I feel like hhn is slowly running out of white whales lol

I suspect it’s hill house however I honestly am not sure there’s enough substance in one season for a entire house (not watched in along time)

I suspect it’s hill house however I honestly am not sure there’s enough substance in one season for a entire house (not watched in along time)

If there was choice between Creepshow and Haunting, I'd go with Creepshow because the first season finished, they have a way of having a completed house to do with a homage at the beginning for the original romero/king film and the rest being based on segments from the first season and with a ending with all of the monsters and etc. & The Creep as you exit the house, it'd be a good house for sure.

If I had to pick one of the four on the list, I'd have to go with Wes Craven's Scream, I mean that would an awesome house to see come to the event and have it be another homage to Wes Craven since the NOES house, this house deserves another shot after the mess up at 25, fingers crossed it happens.

As for Hellraiser, Clive Barker I think would be up for it but I don't think Universal really has gotten in contact with him in wanting to make it happen, it has potential, of course the imagery from the film would be really cool to see replicated in the house, now if they based it maybe on the three films, Hellraiser, Hellbound and Hell On Earth would be pretty cool, those three have really good characters and sets they can bring to life. The thing is I feel like it wouldn't be given the headlining spot but sorta the same spot that House was given last year, though it would still be of importance to horror fans that come to the event, it's been another demanding house to come for a long while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Living Dead Dude
If there was choice between Creepshow and Haunting, I'd go with Creepshow because the first season finished, they have a way of having a completed house to do with a homage at the beginning for the original romero/king film and the rest being based on segments from the first season and with a ending with all of the monsters and etc. & The Creep as you exit the house, it'd be a good house for sure.

If I had to pick one of the four on the list, I'd have to go with Wes Craven's Scream, I mean that would an awesome house to see come to the event and have it be another homage to Wes Craven since the NOES house, this house deserves another shot after the mess up at 25, fingers crossed it happens.

As for Hellraiser, Clive Barker I think would be up for it but I don't think Universal really has gotten in contact with him in wanting to make it happen, it has potential, of course the imagery from the film would be really cool to see replicated in the house, now if they based it maybe on the three films, Hellraiser, Hellbound and Hell On Earth would be pretty cool, those three have really good characters and sets they can bring to life. The thing is I feel like it wouldn't be given the headlining spot but sorta the same spot that House was given last year, though it would still be of importance to horror fans that come to the event, it's been another demanding house to come for a long while.
I agree I would love to see creep show before hill house however I really don’t think creepshow will bring in massive crowds. Scream would def be a great first announcement but is it truly a property people will book vacations to experience? Same with Friday the 13th honestly. I feel like we are missing something that would make one of these a truly massive announcement

The way I see it, it narrows down to Scream, The Thing and Haunting Of Hill House.

- Scream: Highly requested and could bring in a huge crowd. Could also be a headliner IP. GP loves slashers, so it’s highly possible. Plus in the Hollywood thread, Chris was really excited about one property coming (Unless that was The Conjuring).

- The Thing: Also a heavily requested IP. Since it’s a Universal’s IP, but wouldn’t attract much of a crowd compared to Scream. Could also be a headliner IP, however would be very expensive to do considering all the special FX they have to make.

- The Haunting Of Hill House: A way to continue the Netflix of horror IP’s. Can bring in a decent amount of crowds, but not really big when compared to Stranger Things.

Last night I asked about the possibility of a house with multiple Netflix properties because I feel like there are plenty of properties people would love to see at the event but not enough for a whole house. Would be interesting Atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.