The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Six (out of 10) is alright. Seven UGH.

@Pedro Navarro I figured this year would be difficult the moment they announced they were doing both ST 2 and 3 last year. Monsters confirmed my suspicion.

Again, ST 2 & 3 wasn't the best but wasn't the worst as well, I'm fine with having Monsters and ST last year, those are not really on my mind, this year is exactly what Legacy said it was going to be, not what everyone expected, everything of course is not confirmed until Universal confirms but this anniversary will definitely very interesting and I don't see it being bad because everything is still under spec till they officially put it out but it definitely raises eyebrows lol. Still think the ips will still outweigh the originals this year though.

Reactions: Kadath
Keep in mind folks, the section that Legacy replied to just simply stated "IP's", it wasn't specific on what the IP's were for.
Not to mention, Beetlejuice was initially thought to be a scare zone, so there can still be 5+ IP's at the event, yet more original houses than IP's at the same time.

Beetlejuice has both good chances, honestly I'd just rather have it as a house and do what they could with it like they did with Killer Klowns, give it some good scares and good effects, as a scarezone it would only fit in Central Park and even though I could see them doing something, it would feel still limited I don't know, as for the number of IPs and Originals hopefully it's even out, I just feel like something would be changed from an original to a last minute IP.

Keep in mind folks, the section that Legacy replied to just simply stated "IP's", it wasn't specific on what the IP's were for.
Not to mention, Beetlejuice was initially thought to be a scare zone, so there can still be 5+ IP's at the event, yet more original houses than IP's at the same time.

I feel like an house lineup of Eilish, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, HoHH, Bride and everything else being originals would be a damn near perfectly balanced lineup. Marketing could very well feel differently of course.

Reactions: Kadath
I feel like an house lineup of Eilish, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, HoHH, Bride and everything else being originals would be a damn near perfectly balanced lineup. Marketing could very well feel differently of course.

Seeing how last year's marketing was, I feel like Beetlejuice and HoHH & Monsters would be the main focus ips if not another that would replace Monsters, not involving Gremlins and Eillish of course, those would be secondary ips like House and KKFOS were last year.

I’m still not sold on the BE stuff. If they want another music house or zone why don’t they go ahead and break the 4th wall and do a carpenter brut zone or something. The music would be better at least.

E16C1439-5AAD-4225-9AA8-CC24647108D6.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m still not sold on the BE stuff. If they want another music house or zone why don’t they go ahead and break the 4th wall and do a carpenter brut zone or something. The music would be better at least.

It's not sold to us, it's being sold to her fanbase if it happens, as for music houses, it looks like we've only be lucky once with Cooper and for a zone once for Zombie, Hollywood I believe has more of a chance of getting those due to Murdy's connections out there. Even though I would want a RZ house this time based on his music, I'm very hesitant we'd ever see it happen, maybe only for Hollywood in the future.

Accidental double-post.

So I guess I’ll give my most maliciously diabolical clue yet. It’s so evil, I think it’s unfair.

View attachment 11871

Okay this is obviously not gonna be right because it's a first guess and there's a thousand ways this could go, but somebody needs to break the seal:

- Picture is of Darkwing Duck
- Artist is Mike Mitchell
- There is an actor named Mike Mitchell
- He plays the character "Benjamin Franklin" in the TV series "Craig Fixada America"
- There is a director named "Ben Franklin"
- His last credit was directing a TV mini-series named "V/H/S"
- Same name as the 2012 horror anthology V/H/S
- FIRST GUESS = V/H/S property

* NOTE - Not sure if I'm in the minority here, but I actually much preferred V/H/S 2 to the first V/H/S.

Reactions: Kadath and JMalez
The VHS films are good and decent but I just feel like Universal would rather do an original with those sorta concepts and put em a different perspective, good movies none the less.

Random thought regarding potential trail for Equus. Since it’s unfair and evil and diabolical...

Maybe look at character names in the play? I don’t know why, but the last name Strang keeps catching my attention.

Probably completely off, but I’m working backwards instead of forwards now.

edit: I mixed up which clue is evil and diabolical, I think. Guys, I’m really tired.

EDIT 2: I tried to see if I could find info on the illustrator. The only thing that comes up is Pinterest posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.