The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So since Haunting of Hill House, Bride of Frankenstein, Beetlejuice, and now Gremlins are most likely to be houses at this years event.. where do we think they will be located?

I’ve heard a rumor that Hill House is going into B108(Where Seeds & Universal Monsters were) but I don’t know how true that is. Any thoughts?
I feel like Bride of Frankenstein would go into a parade building, Gremlins into a tent, and Beetlejuice into a soundstage or maybe the Shrek theater

i seriously, seriously cannot believe the words Billie Ellish and hhn are being used in the same sentence. mind blown... never in a million years would i ever thought of that.
it is certainly interesting. very unique for sure, im truly baffled, i dont even dislike her at all, but wow crazy
i guess a Billie Ellish house or show would just be like academy of villains in house form

Noooo I was so looking forward to Creepshow!

me too :ugh:

Last edited:
I think possibly more than anything I’d like to see one “gimmick” house. Gotta keep the event fresh. I’m holding out for a Scarecrow cornfield sequel but depending on how the originals are allocated they might need a tent location again if we only have three originals.

But yeah, a house with some sort of gimmick would be welcome.

A little late to the party but I would be pumped IF a Gremlins does happen. Definitely one of my dream IP's, so much so I wrote in the dream IP thread awhile back. Love it so much that I started writing a concept for a Gremlins house for fun a few months back. I feel like if this becomes a house it would be more set dependent and not go in a sprung tent. I don't think a tent would do this movie justice. Would love it if they went all out on Mr. Wing's shop.

Besides my set-related concerns. I myself (and others) seem somewhat concerned about the Gremlins themselves. I think the last thing people want is an abundance of static Gremlins or poorly designed puppets. I would like to bring up that the horror-based costume and mask company Trick or Treat Studios has a line of Gremlin and Mogwai replica puppets. I have seen one up close in person and they are very well sculpted. Some fans have used them in fan films. I believe Universal's Merchandising has some working relationship with Trick or Treat(as wholesale?), I believe they supplied the Killer Klowns masks as well as the the Cotton Candy Cocoon that showed up in the prop shop(see appropriate thread).

Wonder if Universal would contract Trick or Treat to make Gremlin puppets? I don't know if it's possible for them to that, but it's just an idea. If someone knows more about how that side of the industry works and could inform me I would appreciate it :)

i seriously, seriously cannot believe the words Billie Ellish and hhn are being used in the same sentence. mind blown... never in a million years would i ever thought of that.
it is certainly interesting. very unique for sure, im truly baffled, i dont even dislike her at all, but wow crazy
i guess a Billie Ellish house or show would just be like academy of villains in house form

me too :ugh:
I think if is in fact a house more then likely it will go in MIB and the music videos have some decent creepy imagery plus I’m sure they will be able to take creative freedom in the house so it could definitely work. Worst case scenario the house can suck and all the fans will be in line for it still while some classics like gremlins will have shorter waits!

if Creepshow is not a house this year do y’all think it would work as a scarezone?

Last edited:
I think if is in fact a house more then likely it will go in MIB and the music videos have some decent creepy imagery plus I’m sure they will be able to take creative freedom in the house so it could definitely work. Worst case scenario the house can suck and all the fans will be in line for it still while some classics like gremlins will have shorter waits!

if Creepshow is not a house this year do y’all think it would work as a scarezone?

I'm still ehh about Eillish, it's whatever I'll get over it I'm sure when the event happens, anyways, if Creepshow doesn't happen this year, it's still fine, it could be open to suggestion maybe for next year, I mean it will have a season 2, I'm sure we will see it again another time possibly with segments of season 2 and not season 1 like Hollywood's. As a scarezone, if you seen the movie and watch the show, I don't think it will have a potential for a zone, it would be cool but it's definitely better suited as a house if anything.

Attempt at the duck
Darkwing duck
-is Drake Mallard
-voiced by prolific voice actor Jim Cummings.
-he was the narrator for the opening sequence of the Terminator 2 3-d show for Universal Studios.
T-2 robot scare zone

I went the drake route and 3 diferrent times I found actors connected to Tales from the Crypt.

Reactions: Kadath
Ok so after rewatching gremlins I came up with a extremely rough idea of what the house could be like and I gotta say it might be my most anticipated house if done right and should be a lot better then ghostbusters

Gremlins house
Facade china town
Room 1 store
Alternative: billy house (dog hung up with Christmas lights, rockin Rickey complaining about all the “fake calls” of gremlins attacking)

Room 2 bedroom (cocoons hatch)
Room 3 class room (teacher death)
Room 4 kitchen ( mom stabbing gremlin, blood over microwave, gremlin in blender)
Room 5 living room (mom being choked, son saving scare)
Room 6 ymca facade can hear gremlins laughing everywhere (alarm scare,bubbling pool)
Room 7 snow plow through house (also have electric chair lady dead in snow with caroller gremlins, gremlins attacking Santa scareactor)
Room 8 trashed bar (flasher gremlin, poker table, bartender camera scareactor, burglar gremlin)
Room 9 movie theater (gremlins ripping through screen
Room 10 department store (stripe on TV, stripe puppet scare hiding in toys, stripe with chainsaw, stripe melting in fountain scare)

Mr wing holding gizmo exit scare “with Mogwai comes great responsibility”

Edit- I realize 10 rooms is probably unrealistic I just was writing potential scenes for a house as I was watching it lol

Last edited:
First of all: Wow. It’s already looking like a killer lineup.

Second of all: While I’m terrible at clues, it does seem diabolical, considering that the beginning of this clue vine might be:

Darkwing Duck
“I am the terror that flaps in the night!”
Terror...
(insert any flipping horror IP or Original)

Third: Anyone figure out the car?

I applaud you folks for keeping at it, the thread is a great read.

Thir13en ghosts would be an amazing house in one of those big soundstages.

Never seen Thir13en Ghosts; I know L says he actually finds it scary. He said he didn't think it was coming though.

I hope if we're only allowed three originals they're all in either soundstages or parade buildings.

Ok so after rewatching gremlins I came up with a extremely rough idea of what the house could be like and I gotta say it might be my most anticipated house if done right and should be a lot better then ghostbusters

Gremlins house
Facade china town
Room 1 store
Alternative: billy house (dog hung up with Christmas lights, rockin Rickey complaining about all the “fake calls” of gremlins attacking)

Room 2 bedroom (cocoons hatch)
Room 3 class room (teacher death)
Room 4 kitchen ( mom stabbing gremlin, blood over microwave, gremlin in blender)
Room 5 living room (mom being choked, son saving scare)
Room 6 ymca facade can hear gremlins laughing everywhere (alarm scare,bubbling pool)
Room 7 snow plow through house (also have electric chair lady dead in snow with caroller gremlins, gremlins attacking Santa scareactor)
Room 8 trashed bar (flasher gremlin, poker table, bartender camera scareactor, burglar gremlin)
Room 9 movie theater (gremlins ripping through screen
Room 10 department store (stripe on TV, stripe puppet scare hiding in toys, stripe with chainsaw, stripe melting in fountain scare)

Mr wing holding gizmo exit scare “with Mogwai comes great responsibility”

Edit- I realize 10 rooms is probably unrealistic I just was writing potential scenes for a house as I was watching it lol
Pretty much the same layout of the one I wrote haha, great minds think alike :beer:

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
- Equss

- Directed by Sidney Lumet

- Directed Murder On The Orient Express

- The 2017 Remake stars Johnny Depp

- No slashers coming so cross out Nightmare On Elm Street

- Johnny Depp starred in Sweeney Todd

- An original maze based on Sweeney Todd sounds like something Orlando would do just like Edgar Allen Poe maze

- Answer: Sweeney Todd Original Maze

- Equss

- Directed by Sidney Lumet

- Directed Murder On The Orient Express

- The 2017 Remake stars Johnny Depp

- No slashers coming so cross out Nightmare On Elm Street

- Johnny Depp starred in Sweeney Todd

- An original maze based on Sweeney Todd sounds like something Orlando would do just like Edgar Allen Poe maze

- Answer: Sweeney Todd Original Maze
I would love a house based off of Victorian Penny Dreadfuls like Sweeney Todd and Spring-Heeled Jack. I was always fascinated by these old times urban legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.