Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Memorabilia Thread

Apr 29, 2020
Greetings, members! Allow me to introduce myself, I am TheCollector and have recently joined into this exciting community!

I have been a fan of Universal like many of you for an incredibly long time and well, over time, have started to cultivate an interest in the theme park's merchandise, particularly to that of Halloween Horror Nights. Upon joining, I noticed there aren't truly any threads for theme park memorabilia.

Thus, I'd like to open up the thread! Let this be a place for discussing and sharing merchandise, both old and new! I'll be sure to add photos of my collection so far and would surely hope you do the same.

Whether it be for revisiting special memories or seeing a piece for the first time, this has the potential to bring out our collections for all of us to see.

*I'm having a tad difficulty getting to post some photos of mine on here, hopefully I can get this resolved soon to share with you guys... bear with me!*

Last edited:
Personally, I've gotten the classic NBC Peacock Mug and this Toothless plush from Universal.

Just discovered this thread, so here's a hastily thrown-together collage of some of my Universal pins. Strictly from 2015 and earlier; I've gotten A LOT more since 2015, but these are the only ones I've got individual photos of, and my newer pins are on lanyards mixed in with Disney Parks pins.
Untitled.jpg
I've definitely got some other items in my garage (a few older merch items, drinkware, old brochures), and I'll take a look in there in the next few days and see if anything's in good enough shape to photograph!

I've also got a small Potter collection, but I feel like everybody's probably seen all that stuff already!

ETA: Here's some more of my Universal pin collection (with a cameo appearance by Figment)...
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I did some digging and found a few things (though not everything; some must be stored elsewhere).

First, a souvenir photo book and a pair of brochures from 2004...
Maps.jpg

One of my Kongfrontation photo op pictures, this one from 1997! I have others from '93 and '99, but couldn't immediately locate them...
Kongfrontation 1.jpgKongfrontation 2.jpg

And lastly, some Potter items...
Potter 1.jpg
Wands.jpg

Thank you all for sharing!! I haven't been able to post any of my pictures as they are always considered too large. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? I also created a Horror Nights memorabilia thread and plan to share pictures of my merchandise there as well. Please do check them out when I can get it set up!

I've got a Mac, and whenever a photo file is too large for some purpose, I'll open it in Preview, and under Tools ---> Adjust Size, I'll reduce the size of the image to 50% and then see if that's made the file small enough to be used for whatever I'm trying to use it for. Then adjust again if necessary.

Thank you all for sharing!! I haven't been able to post any of my pictures as they are always considered too large. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? I also created a Horror Nights memorabilia thread and plan to share pictures of my merchandise there as well. Please do check them out when I can get it set up!

Try hosting on a site like Imgur, they provide code or links to post on message boards like here.

I've got a Mac, and whenever a photo file is too large for some purpose, I'll open it in Preview, and under Tools ---> Adjust Size, I'll reduce the size of the image to 50% and then see if that's made the file small enough to be used for whatever I'm trying to use it for. Then adjust again if necessary.

Great tip, I actually set up an Automator action to do this since the UO Media files are HUUUUUGE.

This is my favorite piece of Universal merch.

20200510-145201.jpg

Not sure where I could’ve posted this but is it possible for somebody to grab me a Retro Universal Florida mask? I live in LA and have the Hollywood one but need the Florida to complete the set! I can Venmo you for the mask and shipping! :grin:

And while I’m posting here, I wanted to add my favorite piece of memorabilia...the lock from when The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was under construction in 2010. There was a lock on the construction walls attached to a Ministry sign. My friend and I were getting a photo with it and he snapped it off. For a moment we just set it on the ground, but the next day it was still there so we took it. What can I say? We were teens and didn’t know better. It still sits on my dresser.