The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 417 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we can all move past the will it or will it not happen conversation. They are still building houses and construction. These IPs are licensed and they have specific contracts so if the event is cancelled we won’t see the same event next year.

just curious: when (because i highly doubt it’s gonna happen...sorry) the event is postponed, what exactly will be able to be brought into storage? just the inside, or can the tents also be brought into the warehouses/soundstages?

This was confirmed by the Universal call center. This makes me wonder if the Non-Private R.I.P. Tours will also be cancelled, seeing as how it wouldn't be smart to mix strangers together.
I called 2 weeks ago and as of then they wer still planning both R.I.P. tours but obviously wel’ll have to take it day by day. If V.I.P. Is available I’m all in.

Tours are still on. I called and was told the same. I wouldn’t be surprised if the prices go up quite a bit this year. Day tours are still going on and they have no intention of cancelling these, as they are big money makers for them. We shall see. I’m thinking we will know more by end of July.
I called 2 weeks ago and as of then they wer still planning both R.I.P. tours but obviously wel’ll have to take it day by day. If V.I.P. Is available I’m all in.

just curious: when (because i highly doubt it’s gonna happen...sorry) the event is postponed, what exactly will be able to be brought into storage? just the inside, or can the tents also be brought into the warehouses/soundstages?
The tents can remain in place, installed as is. Those locations are used strictly for HHN and are the first built, last struck anyway.

Shrek can, theoretically, get uninstalled and stored. The Shrek venue requires a lot of the house to get build outside and carried in for installation. It’s one of the reasons they’re able to start the Shrek “build” so late.

The Parades and Soundstages are an entirely different matter. Orlando does not build those houses for any ability to “store” the scenic. They are custom built like an actual house, where everything is intertwined. And just like an actual house, they’re not able to just take a wall down and put it into storage. Taking them apart requires destroying it.

The issue is that A&D doesn’t directly control those locations. Entertainment owns 108, but it’s used to store parade floats (including Mardi Gras). If they need that space, the house would need to get removed. Now, they could hold the floats in a soundstage, but Production and Creative controls those. Entertainment and the parks essentially rent them for HHN. If Production needs them, then (again) the houses get removed.

Random question: why are people spamming the dislike reaction on everything? That’s not the way you’re suppose to use it.

Heard from my sources in production and creative, they are planning to now cancel this years event. Planning to announce it next Friday July 3rd With some type of video from the event management such as Blake along with Bill Davis and others to the public with refunding options, and explaining why this years event will be postponed to fall of 2021 for everyone’s safety. Also heard we will see a familiar face in the video with a fun message for next year (assuming jack). Really hoping it’s not true but my friends have heard it first hand, and currently they are just putting it all together on how they are going to release it to the public next week as professionally as possible. We will see and time will tell Within days.

Also hearing the parks will close July 5th. TMs got scheduled up until the 4th, and from people in marketing and ticketing, apparently the resort is going to see another shut down starting July 5th, but that announcement is supposed to come within the next day or 2... don’t know how accurate this one is, seems a bit far fetched especially cause Disney is still planning to open on the 11th

Again, it’s on until it’s officially off. If you wanna discuss COVID-19 we have specific threads for this:

Coronavirus COVID-19 Resources and General Discussion

Heard from my sources in production and creative, they are planning to now cancel this years event. Planning to announce it next Friday July 3rd With some type of video from the event management such as Blake along with Bill Davis and others to the public with refunding options, and explaining why this years event will be postponed to fall of 2021 for everyone’s safety. Also heard we will see a familiar face in the video with a fun message for next year (assuming jack). Really hoping it’s not true but my friends have heard it first hand, and currently they are just putting it all together on how they are going to release it to the public next week as professionally as possible. We will see and time will tell Within days.

Also hearing the parks will close July 5th. TMs got scheduled up until the 4th, and from people in marketing and ticketing, apparently the resort is going to see another shut down starting July 5th, but that announcement is supposed to come within the next day or 2... don’t know how accurate this one is, seems a bit far fetched especially cause Disney is still planning to open on the 11th
Not to drag out this COVID talk for too long, but Legacy, Ringwraith, etc, have you guys heard any talk of this?

I am still hearing the opposite, unless they just made this decision.Plus, James Keaton, aka Jack, posted a joke about the event getting cancelled. If it was, which he would know, he would not allude to it in anyway at all.
It’s also fair to show there was a whole lot less cases when he posted that joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.