The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 452 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Houses will only have one line—stand-by—that everyone uses.

With that in mind...granted we don't know until we know, and I am sure initially kinks need to be worked out...what is the assumed wait time for each house?

Wait does this mean we won’t be able to pick what houses we go through...
I assume its more like you choose what maze you want and it gives you a return time, but if 400 people get the same return time, or if one return time bleeds into another, the line is a lot worse than it otherwise would be.
I'd honestly be all for some kind of system that chooses mazes for me if they could somehow create an algorythm thats guaranteed to get you through every maze,but that seems virtually impossible.

I assume its more like you choose what maze you want and it gives you a return time, but if 400 people get the same return time, or if one return time bleeds into another, the line is a lot worse than it otherwise would be.
I'd honestly be all for some kind of system that chooses mazes for me if they could somehow create an algorythm thats guaranteed to get you through every maze,but that seems virtually impossible.
I really liked the idea of making a list from must do to least interested and it did it from there but the app thing seems to be out the door :(

I really liked the idea of making a list from must do to least interested and it did it from there but the app thing seems to be out the door :(
By comparison the app sounded like a pretty good idea. I'm not sure if its because the layoffs gutted most of the employees or funding that would normally figure out that kind of thing, but going in with basically no plan and just making it a general line free for all sounds like possibly the worst move they could make. Hopefully they have at least something in place to make it work.

Reactions: londonwerecat
It sounds like we will just be spending a lot more time in lines than usual. All of that time we would normally be in scare zones, will be in lines now. Or if RIP Tours are still around, some of us will be spending a lot more money than usual. If I have to book one for all 4 nights of my trip in order to see everything multiple times, so be it.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Houses will only have one line—stand-by—that everyone uses.
Is this because they don't have enough room for both lines? So there combining both so they can have a bigger one for social distancing guidelines?
You'd figure they'd figure that out in sake for more sales involving express.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Just to clarify a point: I was not basing my post off of any rumored/speculated information regarding "locals-only". I was referring to the Florida mandate that any visitors from the Tri-State area quarantine for 14 days; the governor put that mandate into effect early on when New York City was first profoundly affected. Recently, our state's governor enacted a similar mandate regarding travelers from Florida when things started spiking there. However, Florida's mandate is still in effect last I checked.

So I, traveling from a fairly low-risk area in New York State, would have to quarantine 14 days upon arriving in Florida if the mandate is enforced. My vacation/time requested off from work for HHN is typically between 7-10 days. So I'd be literally spending my entire trip quarantined, only to return and quarantine for 14 more days back home.

That's what makes attending a near-impossibility for me currently, not any particular rumored rules set in place by Universal. We'll see if the travel restriction on Florida's end is altered or halted by the time October rolls around!

Also, very bummed to hear about Patrick losing his job.

I have the exact same problem. Although I live on Long Island. And I’m not sure if you heard, but that Florida mandate for us just got extended into September! So stupid! We’re one of the only states who did it right and are on the right track!

NEWS: Florida Governor Extends State of Emergency and Tri-State Quarantine Order for Another Two Months

• Sad
Reactions: FaceBagman
Status
Not open for further replies.