The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 450 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If universal did have a local only event for the people that bought the bogo and live out of state would they get a refund?
Also personally I think it would be really awful for universal to hold a event during a pandemic for only locals like if it’s not safe enough for tourists to come that can pass a temp check, wear a mask, not drink alcohol, stay distanced then is it truly safe enough for locals or is universal trying to make a quick buck?
Are there even rumors of a local only event? I know someone a while back (I think it was Ringwraith but I could be wrong) said that HHN would rely on locals this year, but I doubt they’d cut tourists out entirely.

NO alcohol and express!? Geez.....

While things change last I heard express was a go.

No express would suck, i travel from the UK every year so always get Frequent Fear + Express to make sure we can hit every house as many times as possible. I hope the decision about fog changes too! But safety has to come first.

If you’re in the UK I do not think you’ll be able to travel here this year.

Are there even rumors of a local only event? I know someone a while back (I think it was Ringwraith but I could be wrong) said that HHN would rely on locals this year, but I doubt they’d cut tourists out entirely.
I mostly meant that if the city makes a mandate that doesn’t allow visitors and hhn still held the event

Even after you-know-what ends or at least loses pandemic status, will they be able to use certain techniques (SIF, water, mask-less scareactor that can get close to you, etc.)?

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
Even after you-know-what ends, will they be able to use certain techniques (SIF, water, mask-less scareactor that can get close to you, etc.)?
I mean will it ever “end”. Likely not, so the event will probably have to be adjusted for a few years at least, perhaps less extreme as time goes on, or we will just have gotten used to it l

I feel like those things will be used this year, but honestly, we are just gonna have to wait and see if they can use em but it seems unlikely, there will definitely be more limits coming but just released in due time. It will definitely turn a lot of people away who don't want to wear the masks and others that will be accepting because they've been dying for this year, I give them props are trying to make sure this event happens but man, no one said the lead up was going to be easy, I'm still shocked after seeing Patrick's tweets.

Last edited:
Reactions: snayberry
I usually only use the Express on opening nights and just wait it out on some nights but if it gets taken out, I understand, it'll be a bummer but there'll definitely be reasons why, I just hope the FFP and FFP+ is still a go for this year.

I think everyone should realize that if there's no express, it helps lines move faster so people can get the houses in and get out of whatever queuing situation they have. It's like when Disney eliminates or doesn't have Fastpass for a ride.

Also given how crowded HHN is, there's going to be some need to reduce ticket sales so the park isn't overloaded during this social distancing era we are in. Eliminating express is one way to do it. Want less waits? Buck up for RIP if you have the means, which helps Universal's bottom line at a time they'll probably be needing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.