CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think there’s a difference between offering brunch and “being a brunch concept,” which is what I was told they were looking at. Personally, I’m a big “breakfast for dinner,” sort of guy, so an all-day “brunch” place (that adjusts its menu slightly for dinner) has its appeal.

I think at that point your over saturating the market as most of the on-site hotels & Hard Rock offer brunches. If they really want to offer a brunch concept, just open up Big Fire for that since they only open for Dinner.

IMO CityWalk needs more shops.

It does, but Orlando already has 2 large premium outlets and Disney Springs for people to shop, and CityWalk does not have the space to compete with them. CityWalk's strong suit is nightlife.

I think there’s a difference between offering brunch and “being a brunch concept,” which is what I was told they were looking at. Personally, I’m a big “breakfast for dinner,” sort of guy, so an all-day “brunch” place (that adjusts its menu slightly for dinner) has its appeal.

I imagine this could be a place they’d have open in the AM and for lunch, like First Watch.

I've always said City Walk needs a good Chinese style restaurant. The closest the resort has had to that was probably Tchoup Choup which is long gone now. I think the Sushi Bar and Cowfish have the sushi side covered.

A breakfast/brunch place is certainly missing from CityWalk's lineup, so I'm quite happy that's being looked at. Some kind of Asian sit down would be nice, too. But I'd put breakfast as a higher priority restaurant-wise.

Stores I would not mind seeing Add

A Official Nintendo Store like the one in New York, would also be a good place to have launches for games and watch E3 Live with fans (yes yes we will have stores Nintendo themed inside the parks but Nintendo Official stores are just different than a gift shop and they have tons of IPs to sell besides Mario)
Some sort of Movie Props Store were they sell props or super unique replica's only available here (even things like attraction signs from rides/shows of the past/present) Also maybe use some of the things they had from the Universal Lower lot Museum to give us a mini attraction outside the park to pop into.

Food
Maybe like a Black Bear Dinner or something like that for Breakfast since I agree as of now nothing really there

Chinese Food would also be a plus and hopefully can be a very themed restaurant

Also Either a BBQ or Cajun restaurant would be welcomed

I think I like Hollywood's Citywalk more as they do have more actual shops and better dining experience than Orlando. It feels Orlando's dining options are similar to what you can get inside the parks but outside. And since HOllywood is adding the best of Orlando to their citywalk, I feel orlando should do the same.

But count me in for the all day brunch concept. I won't travel to the hotel if im not staying there for breakfast.

I wish they would bring Dongpo Kitchen from USH Citywalk. Now that’s real Chinese food!

Just had a look at the menu and it looks good. Perfect for CityWalk and different enough to not step on any toes.

I'm also very open to a high end brunch experience similar to Brunch at the Top.

Reactions: Skubersky
I think I like Hollywood's Citywalk more as they do have more actual shops and better dining experience than Orlando. It feels Orlando's dining options are similar to what you can get inside the parks but outside. And since HOllywood is adding the best of Orlando to their citywalk, I feel orlando should do the same.

But count me in for the all day brunch concept. I won't travel to the hotel if im not staying there for breakfast.
You guys might have better food options over there then in the parks.

I honestly think most of the options inside of USH aren't that good and whenever my friends will I go to Citywalk to eat....it costs more but pretty much everything in Citywalk is a step up from whats in the park