Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2020

They may shy away from anything that has to be touched by large amounts of guests for the next couple of seasons as well.
Fair enough, it would be a shame if we say Paranormal leave before it got the chance to flesh out that idea though, the setting alone services the premise far more than trick or treat ever did

Fair enough, it would be a shame if we say Paranormal leave before it got the chance to flesh out that idea though, the setting alone services the premise far more than trick or treat ever did

Absolutely agree. The more I thought about it the more I realized next year may be too soon for guests to be excited about having to use a prop that a bunch of other guests are also handling every night. That could be solved with just a sanitizing wipe down before handing it to a new guest but just something to think about I guess

I like the changes they have made to Paranormal Inc over the years and I thought for sure we would see the Lights Out treatment last year. I'd have to imagine it only has a season or two left in it as is. If it does get the flashlights they may be able to get a couple more seasons out it much like Trick or Treat.

I'm a real stickler for making sure things are sanitized these days, but if I wouldn't mind holding a flashlight (as long as I can see them being sanitized and know for sure every single one is going through that process). How do they clean the 3D glasses for stuff like Universal Studios or Star Tours?

I'm a real stickler for making sure things are sanitized these days, but if I wouldn't mind holding a flashlight (as long as I can see them being sanitized and know for sure every single one is going through that process). How do they clean the 3D glasses for stuff like Universal Studios or Star Tours?

If I'm not mistaken (and perhaps someone may be able to give a better answer than I am going to try to give), there are sanitation stations for cleaning and readying the 3D glasses for future distribution. They had one for DMMM if I'm not mistaken, but when they converted to 2D, it left the area.

From what I've heard, places like Disneyland/Walt Disney World essentially use a conveyor belt system that washes the glasses at a high temperature. I've also heard that some parks use a UV light system.

Well the shoe finally fell.

It hurts to see those who put their heart and soul into this year, not have the chance--but I am glad to hear that they are fully intending on working for the 2021 lineup.

Yeah, since HHN got cancelled, I don't really think any of these other events getting cancelled will be much of a surprise anymore. Especially since California isn't allowing theme parks open except for these small events without rides operating.

I really enjoyed Origins and Wax Works last year along with Dark Ride, The Depths, and Dark Entities.

Ironically this hit me harder in the heart than the HHN Hollywood cancelation because A. I've been attending KSF since 2013 and B. For the past 3 years they have been annihilating HHN Hollywood in every way.

What a shame but not surprising.

I think Six Flags is next unless they try to wait super late like LAHH. Regardless, we should make a thread discussion for local/independent haunt events to visit in SoCal this year.

Last report, SFMM is attempting to make Fright Fest still happen. The OC Register had an article, and they've been sending out surveys. It would obviously need some adjustments, but I was thinking that Aftermath is basically all outdoors already. It'd likely only take minor adjustments to make that one happen.

That said, most of the rest of their mazes are indoors, but they are exploring options. Should be interesting to see if it works out. I'm hoping for the best, but am always braced for the worst.

As for Knott's, I'm not really surprised they canceled the event, but I am a bit surprised they didn't announce or try some sort of alternative event, even if it was just a family friendly/no scareactor walk-thru, an "alone" style haunt, or something virtual. They seemed more innovative in that regard than HHN.

But yes, I am thinking there will be at least some independent events. I know it's not the same as a traditional haunt, but I still have enjoyed Arcana/Jadesintown Instagram Game, Terror DTLA Horror themed virtual escape room, and Road Trip Mysteries. I also am going to hope that ZJU and CreepLA will figure out something--I honestly think CreepLA could totally pull off some sort of "Unfriended" style Zoom experience. And there's still talk of Haunted Hayride.

Last report, SFMM is attempting to make Fright Fest still happen. The OC Register had an article, and they've been sending out surveys. It would obviously need some adjustments, but I was thinking that Aftermath is basically all outdoors already. It'd likely only take minor adjustments to make that one happen.

That said, most of the rest of their mazes are indoors, but they are exploring options. Should be interesting to see if it works out. I'm hoping for the best, but am always braced for the worst.

As for Knott's, I'm not really surprised they canceled the event, but I am a bit surprised they didn't announce or try some sort of alternative event, even if it was just a family friendly/no scareactor walk-thru, an "alone" style haunt, or something virtual. They seemed more innovative in that regard than HHN.

But yes, I am thinking there will be at least some independent events. I know it's not the same as a traditional haunt, but I still have enjoyed Arcana/Jadesintown Instagram Game, Terror DTLA Horror themed virtual escape room, and Road Trip Mysteries. I also am going to hope that ZJU and CreepLA will figure out something--I honestly think CreepLA could totally pull off some sort of "Unfriended" style Zoom experience. And there's still talk of Haunted Hayride.
While its true Knotts didnt technically announce any kind of haunt replacement, they did say that they intend to run similar events to the current food festivals theyre doing until they can reopen, which to me is basically saying there will be another one after the upcoming one, and I'd be surprised if they didnt make it halloween themed and maybe throw up some scary farm decor in ghost town.

If I could walk through Ghost Town at night with decorations, thick fog, and the sound of that howling wind, that alone would make me go to the food festival.
One way?

I love the idea but the fog gets thick and its hard to tell who is who....so unless its one way could bump into someone