Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Remember when people thought this ride would be a celebration of Epcot's past and include the pterodactyls from UoE?

Did anybody really think that was a plausible possibility, though? I mean, sure, some of us talked about such things in a tongue-in-cheek way as we tried to envision how this theme was going to make sense in the park, but I think we've all known for a while that this attraction is not going to have anything substantive to do with Epcot.

Current Disney management doesn't care about Epcot's past at all beyond their ability to sell nostalgia-based merchandise themed to it.

Reactions: MrBlonde
Yeah, I always took that as PR speak to please Epcot fanboys. This was always going to be a GotG ride and nothing more.

Not trying to justify all of the price tag here, but that’s about half the building with almost none of the set work (aside from that space hole or whatever it is you’ll go through to get back to the UoE building).

Looks way better than Tron to be honest. A lot will depend on how fast it’ll fly through the course but looks like a more interesting layout than that or even DLR Space Mountain.

Just as expected, it's all track and not a set piece in sight so far after over three years of construction. I think a lot of people have expectations a little too high for what this thing will be.
Don't they still have two years to add show scenes? Are we sure the current state of the attraction is accurate to what it will be two years from now?

Reactions: NotPennysBoat
I guess they're blowing a huge amount of money on the queue?

I feel like this was supposed to replace RnRC at some point and then plans changed

Still though, this showbuilding is gigantic. I figured there would be more substance within

I guess they're blowing a huge amount of money on the queue?

I feel like this was supposed to replace RnRC at some point and then plans changed

Still though, this showbuilding is gigantic. I figured there would be more substance within
It's supposed to be a pretty good queue. Not sure how I feel about Disney making queue experiences more immersive and physical than the associated ride experiences though.

It's supposed to be a pretty good queue. Not sure how I feel about Disney making queue experiences more immersive and physical than the associated ride experiences though.
Yes, the overdone queue leading to an underwhelming ride seems like such a strange trend to me.

Does anyone know when this photo was take? I wonder if they intentionally took a picture when the building was just track, so as not to spoil theming elements

idk, wishful thinking on my part

Yes, the overdone queue leading to an underwhelming ride seems like such a strange trend to me.

Does anyone know when this photo was take? I wonder if they intentionally took a picture when the building was just track, so as not to spoil theming elements

idk, wishful thinking on my part
The only time in recent memory the ride has out-done a great queue is RotR. Runaway Railway beats it’s queue, but that’s bc the queue is mostly switchbacks until the pre-show.

Reactions: shiekra38
The only time in recent memory the ride has out-done a great queue is RotR. Runaway Railway beats it’s queue, but that’s bc the queue is mostly switchbacks until the pre-show.
I think they've forgotten that a good queue builds up to a great ride. The more you build up, the more the ride has to deliver.

Kong is an example where the queue way oversold the actual ride experience.

Reactions: n i c k and UNIrd
From the picture, I'm getting vibes of Revenge of the Mummy with the turns, which honestly isn't a bad thing since RotM is awesome. I like what I see, so I'm still excited for it, much more than Tron, that's for sure.

The screens on Mission: Breakout are really really high quality and I love how they move to match the elevator bouncing up and down. If they could do something like that for a rollercoaster passing by I'd be satisifed! But give us an animatronic Rocket and Groot at the end please.
I can't imagine they wouldn't have some projection effects ala Tron