Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Plus, since we’re super fans here, these costs will affect future projects as well, and it’s just interesting to compare for comparison sake.
True!! But when we compare, we must make sure to compare in adjusted dollars. The Mummy was being built back in 2003 and opened in 2004. In todays dollars, that 70 million is probably much closer to the 300 million for Tron then one might think.

Thanks, that's funny to think about how much cheaper back then. I really enjoy The Mummy and gotta feeling GOTG is going to be a great ride as well. Looking forward to the end of Covid or the arrival of vaccines so I can get back to Florida and enjoy all these new rides opening up!!

As far as Disney's colossal budgets, they report their project costs differently than most other companies. They report total project cost that actually includes many separate projects. Like TSL included building a new state of the art costuming building, relocating costuming into that building and demolition of the old building before they could even start building TSL. Universal would have broken that down into 2 projects in the reports.
This is both correct and not even fully inclusive of the sorts of ancillary costs that get tagged onto specific projects.

It hasn’t always been that way but it takes projects from expensive to “holy $*!&“ expensive.

So then where’s the screens for something like that?
1. We don’t know when this picture was taken

2. It’s only showing a portion of the giant gravity building and as mentioned, it seems like they are hiding parts of the ride from the camera behind a curtain.

Reactions: Jones14
^ This plus the fact that you’d never install theming elements before the track goes in. It’s just now how it’s been done past or present. Give it a chance they’ve got like 18 months to decorate it.

^ This plus the fact that you’d never install theming elements before the track goes in. It’s just now how it’s been done past or present. Give it a chance they’ve got like 18 months to decorate it.
Honestly it just seems like a bad decision to show any of the interior at this point. You come promising a story coaster and end up showing unthemed track. Obviously, most people who see this will know that the ride is not finished, but it's still a weird first impression to set.

Reactions: belloq87
^ I think that a big part of the objective here is to not be shy about this being a roller coaster since it’s been a constant complaint among guests who’ve visited the park since it’s beginning that Epcot doesn’t have any good thrills.

I fully expect that you’re probably going to be right and that this will look and feel like a Disneyfied Space Fantasy but I think a solid dark ride portion pre/post gravity building could be a big difference maker. Time will tell.

Reactions: Jones14
Honestly, I'm not sure. One of the diagrams I saw had a curved screen, but it wasn't a circular arc, which makes me think it isn't a dome.
Domes wouldn’t make sense to me with this attraction if the coaster isn’t stopping like Gringotts. Projection Domes are best used if you are being immersed by it in a stationary position like Smuggler’s Run and portions of RotR and Runaway Railway use it.

Domes wouldn’t make sense to me with this attraction if the coaster isn’t stopping like Gringotts. Projection Domes are best used if you are being immersed by it in a stationary position like Smuggler’s Run and portions of RotR and Runaway Railway use it.
We're talking possibly massive domes though, maybe for ceiling projections, maybe for first scene before launch—and some have even speculated for preshow. Doesn't have to be for looking straight into, could be for surrounding us for a scene or two, more like Space Mountain, less like Gringotts.

These permits kicked off the speculation, but I have heard three domes may have been ordered, but can't remember from where: Permit Points to Large Projection Dome Installation Inside Guardians of the Galaxy Roller Coaster