Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I keep seeing people talk about the space between HRRR and HRC for another restaurant. Is this area below what you are talking about? That's only ~100 ft between the two and you couldn't butt them up directly. You'd need, I'd guess, at least a 20 ft cushion on each side. That leaves 60 ft. For comparison, Toothsome is 150 ft wide. To use that area, it would have to go behind HRC to have enough room for anything other than maybe a fast food joint.

View attachment 14009
Yeah, I think we were assuming you could lose the walkway between Citywalk and BMG theater

It's still a small space

Unless you remove the Red Devil

I’ll be honest, looking at the size of various attractions compared to available plots and, ooo boy. Wanna get pissed off?

View attachment 14007

Never mind that, if you get rid of RRR, you can add ANOTHER dark ride expanding the Minion Mayhem space.
I know HRRR is really popular with the average tourist, but when you look at it like this, it just is infuriating thinking about the potential the area has for expansion and how wasted it is by that stupid coaster.

I’ll be honest, looking at the size of various attractions compared to available plots and, ooo boy. Wanna get pissed off?

View attachment 14007

Never mind that, if you get rid of RRR, you can add ANOTHER dark ride expanding the Minion Mayhem space.
It's funny, ever since I started measuring plots like this on Google Maps I've been endlessly irritated/amused.

Fun stuff like:
"Hey, you could fit a place the size of Toothsome/NBC into that plaza area!"
"You could fit a dark ride the size of Cat in the Hat in the Toon Lagoon amphitheater plot!"

And sad stuff like:
"Wow, F&F is larger than Mummy, Forbidden Journey, and Spider Man."

I feel like HRRR, although popular, would be quickly forgotten once gone
Agreed with this take, me and my fam are average tourists who love this thing, it’s infamous on the skyline of Universal for us, and we enjoy it on a 30 min or less wait.

But I don’t think we’d blink twice it they tore it down other than the quick “Oh is HRRR gone?” “yeah.” “oh, bummer”. And move on. We like it but it’s not a draw or major sticking point, nice ride after Minions to get away from a screen and “warm up” on the thrills before Mummy.

The actual arches are great, but the entrance/exit experience is terrible. It's too congested. Needs more space. It wasn't built for the amount of people the park currently sees.
Maybe this is perks of staying onsite and being able to leave and arrive more freely, but I never noticed this being a major issue. Of all the issues with USF this should not be a priority imo. The arches are gorgeous, it’d be fun if the park led down Hollywood since it’s a “Studio” park but I find this okay. Not been during HHN peak so can’t describe that experience

Here's an off the wall idea - use the BMG plaza as the "box office area" for both parks.

Get rid of the ticket booths at the entrances.
I don’t hate this concept. With park-hoppers and phone-based ticketing primary focuses, I think you could significantly revamp how tick are sold. However, the only place it would work is at the main CityWalk T-junction. It has to be central to the parks and the BMG plaza isn’t.

I don’t hate this concept. With park-hoppers and phone-based ticketing primary focuses, I think you could significantly revamp how tick are sold. However, the only place it would work is at the main CityWalk T-junction. It has to be central to the parks and the BMG plaza isn’t.
It could even act as the box office area for USF only. Get rid of all those dumb ticket booths inside the arches. Could make for a better "wow" moment upon going through the arches too.

HRRR really should get removed
but I don't want to lose the only large outdoor coaster in USF
but there's no good way to build a better replacement on the same site
but HRRR really needs to go.

Anyway, how fully do the ticket booths get utilized these days (pre-covid)?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
HRRR really should get removed
but I don't want to lose the only large outdoor coaster in USF
but there's no good way to build a better replacement on the same site
but HRRR really needs to go.

Anyway, how fully do the ticket booths get utilized these days (pre-covid)?
In the mornings-mid afternoons, the ticket booths get utilized quite a bit. If it's an event night (Concert, HHN), they are HEAVILY used.