Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Early / Mid Sept. Trip 2021

Nov 3, 2015
Hey gang! Looking for advice on how to plan out a trip back to Orlando this year. We’re looking to do...

* Multiple nights at HHN
* DHS & AK
* Waterpark (been to Volcano Bay twice; considering Aquatica or a Disney Option)
* IOA

My initial instinct was to plan for an early AM arrival at DHS on Sept. 7 to kick things off until I realized Labor Day is Sept. 6. Any thoughts on how busy the parks are after Labor Day Monday?

Also, any suggestions on waterparks would be most excellent! Love the early morning access to VB, but I think we should try another option this trip.

I know in the past we would go to WDW during that week including Labor Day because locals were back in school so it was less crowded. You will need park reservations for DHS especially if you want to do RotR. Not sure what capacity will be like then, but you can get passes right now at 7 am for a 10 am park open. AK should be no problem with park entry.

You will need park reservations for DHS especially if you want to do RotR. Not sure what capacity will be like then, but you can get passes right now at 7 am for a 10 am park open. AK should be no problem with park entry.

Can you elaborate more on the park pass system? What do you mean by 7 AM for a 10 AM open?

Can you elaborate more on the park pass system? What do you mean by 7 AM for a 10 AM open?
Currently, boarding passes for Rise of the Resistance drop at 7AM on the MDE app. You need to get a boarding pass immediately as they run out in less than a minute, and the good thing is Disney allows you to do this without being at the park unlike previous iterations of distribution. This might (probably?) change by your trip.

Currently, boarding passes for Rise of the Resistance drop at 7AM on the MDE app. You need to get a boarding pass immediately as they run out in less than a minute, and the good thing is Disney allows you to do this without being at the park unlike previous iterations of distribution. This might (probably?) change by your trip.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. So you’re saying I can get boarding passes at 7 AM without being at the park - just as long as I have a reservation and park ticket for the day. Aiming to hit DHS Tuesday September 7th, so yeah this makes it easier than being there at 5 AM.

Also, is it worth park hopping these days? Figured DHS could be a full day, but AK never is.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. So you’re saying I can get boarding passes at 7 AM without being at the park - just as long as I have a reservation and park ticket for the day. Aiming to hit DHS Tuesday September 7th, so yeah this makes it easier than being there at 5 AM.

Also, is it worth park hopping these days? Figured DHS could be a full day, but AK never is.
By September, sure. Assuming the 2PM park hopping restriction is still in place, there's plenty of time to experience everything in DHS then go elsewhere.

Also, if they continue the current practice, they drop a second set of RotR boarding passes at 1 pm for guests in DHS prior to the park hopping entry. So you get 2 shots at boarding passes.