Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 206 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mac, welcome.

Yeah HRH is incredibly popular for HHN and books out usually right when the dates for the event are announced.

Thanks Joe!

Good to know. There are still some weekends where it's there (September) so might just go all in on that.

Or maybe just do a big family trip to Orlando for Labor Day weekend since HHN is launching that weekend as well.

There's been about 5 sellouts in all my years of scareacting - although they were all in 2018 and 2019. They tell us in advance so we would be ready for the heavy crowds on the night.

Yeah, I was thinking there'd been a couple of years where they did actually reach capacity. I remember working the front gates (talking like a decade ago) and while we never reached capacity, we definitely got backed up more than a few times for some of those nights.

I think this year has the potential to have some sell out nights.

be careful with Labor Day!!! The crowds go absolutely insane, as you can imagine

Yeah, I'm surprised they're doing HHN on that weekend, but I guess since they moved Rock the Universe out of the way, they can have it start earlier now.

Going Labor Day Weekend would not be my first choice (same with bringing the entire fam since it gets pretty pricey).

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been about 5 sellouts in all my years of scareacting - although they were all in 2018 and 2019. They tell us in advance so we would be ready for the heavy crowds on the night.

Ah thanks, I know they closed the park for capacity before but didn't realize it was sold out too. Got it.

For everyone, if you're buying tickets weeks ahead of time you'll be fine.

Well I got my tickets. Some thoughts on the process, since it was my first time:

Would have thought RIP included admission to HHN. Not impressed that it's not.

Put RIP in the cart and paid $199. Went back later to look at options and the price was now $329 for the same date. Glad I got mine first thing!

I also learned that they aren't doing any membership discounts on tickets at this time. They may or may not later. But if they go on sale cheaper in the future they'll refund you the difference. I didn't know that.

Also got the unmasked thingy. Can someone tell me a little bit about that? What to expect?

Hell week is considered the week (or now, as @Legacy mentioned a while back, trending towards two weeks) leading up to Halloween, right? So this year, for example, it would be the week of October 25th (and likely extend back to Oct 18th week as well)?
It's normally about the last full week of the run that is considered Hell Week, but yeah, the joke nowadays is that pretty much the entire run is hell week because it's just so crowded the whole run now.

Genuine question ,, why do you seem so disappointed ?? Like, I’m not sure what hype is even left to be built lol. Why did anyone expect anything besides the Jack + Ticket reveal today ?
I'm not new here. He just prefaced it as so disappointing to the people who DO attend. He said it multiple times. And I genuinely have no idea how any of this can be disappointing, hahah
Fair question. My perspective on the “disappointment” is this:

Marketing spent fifteen-ish hours of build-up, using teases and indecipherable script, to unveil a video that was leaked two days ago. Fans spent hours trying to decode something that had no solution to answer a question they already knew. No house was announced. No event specifics were given. It was a whole lot of build for, ostensibly, nothing. That applies even more when you consider most of the fans who cared enough to follow along with the teases don’t care about single-days. They want passes which still are not available.

From where I sit, that shows that Marketing continues to underestimate the passion of HHN’s most die-hard fans, or they’re cynically leveraging that passion to build engagement without substance. The whole thing, even knowing the whimper everything was building to, feels like a middle finger.

Maybe it’s because my perspective on HHN “teaser” marketing is different, but I think all that hours of build-up to no details is a garbage move. It’s literally the same thing they did with weeks of sign-ups to announce a sweepstakes.

Marketing spent fifteen-ish hours of build-up, using teases and indecipherable script, to unveil a video that was leaked two days ago. Fans spent hours trying to decode something that had no solution to answer a question they already knew. No house was announced. No event specifics were given. It was a whole lot of build for, ostensibly, nothing. That applies even more when you consider most of the fans who cared enough to follow along with the teases don’t care about single-days. They want passes which still are not available.

From where I sit, that shows that Marketing continues to underestimate the passion of HHN’s most die-hard fans, or they’re cynically leveraging that passion to build engagement without substance. The whole thing, even knowing the whimper everything was building to, feels like a middle finger.

Maybe it’s because my perspective on HHN “teaser” marketing is different, but I think all that hours of build-up to no details is a garbage move. It’s literally the same thing they did with weeks of sign-ups to announce a sweepstakes.
Exactly. Call me crazy, but this isn't on par with other years. They've messed with the fanbase in the past, but this is just a complete lack of care on display this year. I'm not upset that they didn't magically pull out more unleaked content at the last second disrupting their entire marketing plan. However, you can tease something that has already leaked without wasting fifteen hours of folks' time for something that literally couldn't be solved and led to nothing of value. Either give real clues, make the indecipherable tease much shorter, or just don't tease :shrug:

On the other hand, that middle finger is one of the biggest laughs I've had all week. They honestly lost no goodwill over it, they could do the same thing every day and twice on Sunday, and every one of the marks, myself included, would sit there for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.