HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey everyone, so I'm planing my October trip and was looking at Sunday the 10th. When is hell week this year?
That's probably hell week since Columbus Day is on Monday

Also, I have said it before, but I will say it again, Sunday evenings are BUSY even during non-hell week. Most people have the day off so the stay and scream holding areas get crowded FAST

I avoid Sundays if possible

I know we’re operating off of one night; but given it was sold out, want to ask about strategy.

We are not doing stay and scream tonight and plan on rope dropping without express. Our tentative plan is…

1. Rush to BJ and Hill House
2. Make our way back to the front of the park for LT and soundtage
3. Take a breather, see Marathon, maybe do a ride.
4. Hit the back of the park

Any changes you’d make to that from what you saw on Friday if you want to fit in as much as possible?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Reactions: londonwerecat
I know we’re operating off of one night; but given it was sold out, want to ask about strategy.

We are not doing stay and scream tonight and plan on rope dropping without express. Our tentative plan is…

1. Rush to BJ and Hill House
2. Make our way back to the front of the park for LT and soundtage
3. Take a breather, see Marathon, maybe do a ride.
4. Hit the back of the park

Any changes you’d make to that from what you saw on Friday if you want to fit in as much as possible?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I did stay and scream and they split the path so you could wait for hill house/Beetlejuice or the mib houses. Once they finally moved us (we didn’t move till close to 5 after scanning in at 4, they split us for hill or beetlejuice. We waited for hill. Had the rain not happened things might’ve gone different but we got all 8 new houses done by about 1205 or so. We went from hill over to wicked growth because beetle was posted at a 65 and it was pretty far back and whether it was right I wanted to take advantage of the other side’s lines.

Our only slow down was puppet getting flooded and having to get dumped from the queue. We didn’t see shows since I have unmasking today and we just wanted to get my friend through the houses once. But we basically just went with the app wait times and rushed around doing the shortest lines even though sometimes they changed when we got there and we had to course correct.

So pardon any dumb questions I might have, but it is my first time heading to HHN so please bare with me. I like to know as much as I can before I get there.

1) Do the Coke freestyle machines work throughout the night? For example, if I have a day of refills, does that end at midnight like usual or does it go until the end of the night (2am)?

2)Does the blinky cup for alcoholic drinks allow for refills on multiple days, like can I bring the cup back another day and get the refill price?

3) Do you suggest heading to CityWalk around 9 or so for dinner and then heading back to HHN or would you suggest we just find dinner options within the park? If we should stay in the park, how late do those food options stay open?

And lastly 4) I ordered my HHN tickets, Express and Behind the Screams tickets and my email says to pick it up at the VIP Tours. Would that be for ALL my HHN stuff? I assume so because theres no PDF provided and my app doesn’t show any QR codes.

Reactions: londonwerecat
So pardon any dumb questions I might have, but it is my first time heading to HHN so please bare with me. I like to know as much as I can before I get there.

1) Do the Coke freestyle machines work throughout the night? For example, if I have a day of refills, does that end at midnight like usual or does it go until the end of the night (2am)?

2)Does the blinky cup for alcoholic drinks allow for refills on multiple days, like can I bring the cup back another day and get the refill price?

3) Do you suggest heading to CityWalk around 9 or so for dinner and then heading back to HHN or would you suggest we just find dinner options within the park? If we should stay in the park, how late do those food options stay open?

And lastly 4) I ordered my HHN tickets, Express and Behind the Screams tickets and my email says to pick it up at the VIP Tours. Would that be for ALL my HHN stuff? I assume so because theres no PDF provided and my app doesn’t show any QR codes.
1) yes

2) yes

3) not personally as getting back in can be a hassle. And I have eaten as late as 12am before with options open

4) not sure, honestly. I would call To ask

1) Yes they do work through the night till the park closes
2) Yes, you can bring the cup back every night and just let it refill but they might also have new designs that you are missing out on then
3) Depends on how you want to manage your budget. There are a lot of food options for everyone in the park that you could use and then see a show or do a sit down meal at Finnegans or if you are on a budget then going to city walk might save you some money but also takes longer to get back in.
4) yes you can pick everything up there (if that didn’t change from 28

Reactions: RonaldsModernLife
It is my first year doing 'Stay and Scream' with the Scream Early ticket and I'm wondering what my best options are. If I am hearing this correctly, the options are HillHouse/Beetlejuice, MIB houses, or Soundstage houses in NY? What would be the most effective use of my time, especially considering that I only have the one night and would be trying to do all 10 houses?

It is my first year doing 'Stay and Scream' with the Scream Early ticket and I'm wondering what my best options are. If I am hearing this correctly, the options are HillHouse/Beetlejuice, MIB houses, or Soundstage houses in NY? What would be the most effective use of my time, especially considering that I only have the one night and would be trying to do all 10 houses?
It depends on what you're most interested in. For what it's worth, NY Stay and Scream doesn't currently include HHN Icons

Reactions: uso345
I am not sure when you are going, but I would advise tracking wait times

In 2019 Ghostbusters was getting a lot of positive buzz during the opening weekend of the event, but by week two or three it saw a decrease in interest/wait times. That could still happen with any house this year (the second weekend seems to be when we see these patterns emerge) so it is almost too early to say yet.

From what I can tell, Icons opens at 6 (for what it is worth) with TCM and possibly Bride being open slightly earlier

If you have no interest in certain houses, then work around that fact

Reactions: uso345
I am not sure when you are going, but I would advise tracking wait times

In 2019 Ghostbusters was getting a lot of positive buzz during the opening weekend of the event, but by week two or three it saw a decrease in interest/wait times. That could still happen with any house this year (the second weekend seems to be when we see these patterns emerge) so it is almost too early to say yet.

From what I can tell, Icons opens at 6 (for what it is worth) with TCM and possibly Bride being open slightly earlier

If you have no interest in certain houses, then work around that fact

I'm going mid-October so I will just track wait time trends and make the decision closer to when I'm attending. I just am looking for the best "bang for my buck" in terms of getting through the most houses, in the quickest amount of times before the majority of the crowd floods in.

Yea I definitely ignore city walk unless I have a specific reason to go there like meeting friends or ending the night early during hhn. You gain way more waiting in line after grabbing some food or drink.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm going mid-October so I will just track wait time trends and make the decision closer to when I'm attending. I just am looking for the best "bang for my buck" in terms of getting through the most houses, in the quickest amount of times before the majority of the crowd floods in.

That's probably the best bet, keep an eye on times and see what holds or changes throughout the weeks. Doesn't look like we're going to have a Stranger Things instant 120min wait off the bat, but it'll be interesting to see if both Hill House and BJ remain solid upon S&S open. Same goes for if TCM remains busier than BoF at open.

Any info on what craft beers are around the park at the tents? Not looking for a full rundown, just curious if it’s going to be like 2019 where the selections were kinda limited compared to years prior.

Also, is Dufftoberfest being sold this year?

Honestly burned out on Pulp Friction by the end of that event and haven’t had another since.

Any info on what craft beers are around the park at the tents? Not looking for a full rundown, just curious if it’s going to be like 2019 where the selections were kinda limited compared to years prior.

Also, is Dufftoberfest being sold this year?

Honestly burned out on Pulp Friction by the end of that event and haven’t had another since.
Basically, the closest thing to craft you'll find in the park is all of the branded stuff which is brewed by Florida Brewing Company, basically a contract brewer, but they do have Pseudo Sue in Jurassic Park, not sure if they have it with UO.

Basically, the closest thing to craft you'll find in the park is all of the branded stuff which is brewed by Florida Brewing Company, basically a contract brewer, but they do have Pseudo Sue in Jurassic Park, not sure if they have it with UO.
Thanks, I know in 2018 they seemed to have a better variety of premium beers across the tents, but last year it turned into Pulp Friction at all of them so I had to lean more on the Florida Brewing stuff that’s already in the park.

And fully aware of Psuedo Sue - that was my first beer back at a theme park last summer. Kinda crazy how under the radar it is at the kiosk in JP for what it is.