HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
View attachment 15226

Thanks for the replies. I just want to make sure I have this right. In attached image red is bus loop which can be a mess and teal is where we could do pick up. I don't have a problem with going through security again but don't want to have to deal with the main city walk entrance security. That tends to be a cluster bleep from my memory. Once a day is enough for me.
The red path in that image is a backstage road, if I'm not mistaken?

I believe the bus loop you're referring to is the one by the main parking garages? That bus loop used to include uber and pickup/drop-off, but a few years ago they changed it to limit congestion. The new pickup/drop off is at one of the parking garages (did my best to show it in the picture below). For that reason, I'd recommend walking to the Hard Rock Hotel (green line below), and having them pick up your son there.

The only caveat is that you'll want to be at the hotel before their car arrives, as the hotel doesn't want tons of cars sitting there waiting for guests.

View attachment 15227

I can wholeheartedly recommend Bort's suggestion, however with Bort's map that route goes through the pool area which does have a gate that requires a hotel key to access. If you don't have one, you just follow the gardenwalk path a little further to the big open yard/boat launch on the right and enter the hotel from there. Inside it's pretty much go up the main stairs to the lobby and exit.

Reactions: bobo5162
I can wholeheartedly recommend Bort's suggestion, however with Bort's map that route goes through the pool area which does have a gate that requires a hotel key to access. If you don't have one, you just follow the gardenwalk path a little further to the big open yard/boat launch on the right and enter the hotel from there. Inside it's pretty much go up the main stairs to the lobby and exit.
I'm pretty sure that is a back stage road too. This is what I always did but not sure how security has changed things
1630424377408.png

I should’ve tossed in a disclaimer that I’ve only walked the path to HRH once (5 years ago), so my map drawing skills may be a bit inaccurate. #TeamCabanaBay

So what exactly is Jack'd Up? Is it a special experience like The Repository but Jack instead of LT and no VR?

It'll probably be similar to the Stranger Things experience they had in 2019: some photo ops, maybe some costumes, something one does in about 10-15 minutes.
Had to call Universal today and the person I spoke with said it is 3 separate rooms and you take a spin in Jack's blender. I thought they did a great job with ST considering it was a free experience, so I'm definitely anticipating some pretty cool stuff with their own property... still struggling to understand how a horror/icons themed bar can be in any way "immersive" in the bright/loud/wide open CB lobby but that's a whole other issue :)

still struggling to understand how a horror/icons themed bar can be in any way "immersive" in the bright/loud/wide open CB lobby but that's a whole other issue :)

The same way you have/had to walk by Woody Woodpecker and Barney to get to some houses...or had Dead Man's Wharf in San Francisco with the World's Fair in Queens NY to your left along with London and then NYC again and a rollercoaster to your right...

You have to make it emersive and block out the other stuff :)

Edit - it would help if I knew my left from my right, but will leave my stupidity in the post in perpetuity.

Last edited:
The same way you have/had to walk by Woody Woodpecker and Barney to get to some houses...or had Dead Man's Wharf in San Francisco with the World's Fair in Queens NY to your left along with London and then NYC again and a rollercoaster to your right...

You have to make it emersive and block out the other stuff :)

RIP Purple Dino Dude, you and your statue always made for a good quick joke/discussion when entering the line for that respective house.

So I'm sure other people can chime in on the quality of this video, but I've been wanting some broad summary of HHN stuff since reading all the comments of the team member previews and having never been the HHN before, a lot of the details were over my head. I think this video does a pretty good job of giving general information. Any veterans that can chime in and say if they think it's of good quality/detailed enough to summarize whats going on this year with the icon heavy stories?

So I'm sure other people can chime in on the quality of this video, but I've been wanting some broad summary of HHN stuff since reading all the comments of the team member previews and having never been the HHN before, a lot of the details were over my head. I think this video does a pretty good job of giving general information. Any veterans that can chime in and say if they think it's of good quality/detailed enough to summarize whats going on this year with the icon heavy stories?

It’s definitely a good place to start and mentions a lot but I would also recommend the ones from Expedition Themepark

I most of the time stay at the east hotels near universal and walk to universal using the resort/valet entrance. Never any waits there. This year I will be talking the trolley and walking since I am doing seaworld Halloween and discovery cove and it is closer to disney for one day there. I would say the crowds can get crazy at main security and the rideshare spot so you don't lose much by walking or at least can guarantee little to no wait.

I will say this is the first year I bought express. I used to buy the multi night pass in september which was about $90 last time at the discounted rate for passholders. This year it is $130 without the discount being available. For a single night with my planning factoring cost I should be able to do about 14 or 15 houses and the shows in a single night for $160. For the multi night plus food or drinks maybe I could manage a few more houses for a lot more effort and possibly more money (the rides matter less on value as a passholder). With my current car taking food deliveries is vastly cheaper than trying to save money waiting multiple nights for stay and scream.

I am also worried about the stay and scream add on. the zones were already crowded AF and I had to get into them earlier and earlier because being in the front of the first house became a big difference once they made you walk the whole line and express people started to foolishly use it early.

It’s my first time going to HHN. I’ll be there in mid October. I’m kinda worried that all the hype after all these years are gonna make it so that my expectations are so high and I’m going to be disappointed. I also don’t drink so I hope that drinks don’t enhance the experience too much because then I’m gonna miss out!

It’s my first time going to HHN. I’ll be there in mid October. I’m kinda worried that all the hype after all these years are gonna make it so that my expectations are so high and I’m going to be disappointed. I also don’t drink so I hope that drinks don’t enhance the experience too much because then I’m gonna miss out!

Go in with a positive attitude and you'll have a great time.

Really interested in seeing how they do the resort only entrance this year. With Endless Summer now open, that's a lot of people utilizing it.

I am hoping they keep it in 2019's location over by RRR- it was much more spacious and efficient than the former location.