HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not per se. You do need a valid daytime (non-HHN) ticket. This can be a normal day ticket or AP or the Scream Early pass (which lets you into USF a few hours before normal park close). As long as you are in the park before close, you can stay in the dedicated S&S area. TMs will come around at that time after park close and check your HHN tickets and give you a wristband. Once they open up the houses early the folks will be let out from the S&S area(s) and can get early access to the houses.
AWESOME!!! This is what i figured it was but wanted to know for sure!

Reactions: Chumpieboy
Not per se. You do need a valid daytime (non-HHN) ticket. This can be a normal day ticket or AP or the Scream Early pass (which lets you into USF a few hours before normal park close). As long as you are in the park before close, you can stay in the dedicated S&S area. TMs will come around at that time after park close and check your HHN tickets and give you a wristband. Once they open up the houses early the folks will be let out from the S&S area(s) and can get early access to the houses.
In 2019 I didn't get any wristband, I want a wristband Lol

I could be wrong, but I think the wristband was just an age verification for those 21+ who were drinking that night. Helped keep lines moving at drink stands, as well as gave security and OPD a way to sniff out underage drinks being passed around.

(As a side note at HHN 28 my party got run up on by 2 undercover cops cause we were all tasting one of the blinky cup drinks, all 21+ but didn’t have wristbands at the time. Had to show IDs and everything. They take it very serious.)

So I think one of the big tips no one is talking about yet is their exit strategy... Getting out of the parking garages is a pain on normal nights, but even more so for HHN... Personally, I recommend staying in the park till they kick you out, and then finding a bench in City Walk to people watch till it seems like the crowd is at a manageable level. Does anyone else have any tips? What about UBER/LYFT? Does anyone have experience using them in the past for HHN? Are they a better option than trying to self park?

Last edited:
So I think one of the big tips no one is talking about is yet is their exit strategy... Getting out of the parking garages is a pain on normal nights, but even more so for HHN... Personally, I recommend staying in the park till they kick you out, and then finding a bench in City Walk to people watch till it seems like the crowd is at a manageable level. Does anyone else have any tips? What about UBER/LYFT? Does anyone have experience using them in the past for HHN? Are they a better option than trying to self park?
I don't have any tips, but this is exactly why I always try to stay in a walkable hotel (or an on-site hotel with boat service) when I go to HHN, even though I live an hour away.

Reactions: MI1287
So I think one of the big tips no one is talking about is yet is their exit strategy... Getting out of the parking garages is a pain on normal nights, but even more so for HHN... Personally, I recommend staying in the park till they kick you out, and then finding a bench in City Walk to people watch till it seems like the crowd is at a manageable level. Does anyone else have any tips? What about UBER/LYFT? Does anyone have experience using them in the past for HHN? Are they a better option than trying to self park?
Uber to Hard Rock, have them drop you at the entrance to the parking lot. You can walk to the side entrance gate in about two minutes, amd it'll be a couple dollars cheaper than Ubering to Cirywalk.

I may be mixing up years in my head but ISTR back when you could get a Finnegan's Resv for after Park Close that the team came around table to table and used wristbands as a way to verify that they had checked tickets. Otherwise how do they prevent someone from staying in S&S and just saying "Oh, you checked my ticket before dude!"

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I may be mixing up years in my head but ISTR back when you could get a Finnegan's Resv for after Park Close that the team came around table to table and used wristbands as a way to verify that they had checked tickets. Otherwise how do they prevent someone from staying in S&S and just saying "Oh, you checked my ticket before dude!"

I have seen many different tactics used for this over the years. The scanning HHN tickets and issuing wristbands inside and outside, I've seen the bottleneck where they scan everyone as they exit the S&S stanchions with 3-5 scanners. My guess is there are a large number of stowaways that make it through the cracks however they do it. I do miss a good wristband, then getting the second "over 21" wristband!

Out of curiosity... Wanted to make sure I posted this in the right thread... If someone wanted to see the opening ceremony how soon do some get to the gates to be front and center to do so? The last time we did the opening ceremony was HHN 25, but I can't recall what time we got there. And to be honest at that point a line had built up already so we couldn't see much. I'm trying to pre plan for Sunday the 12th or Sunday the 19th to view them. I'm hoping to try and get into the Hello Kitty stay n scream area... However my husband and I have only ever done Finnegan's and I thought I read the Hello Kitty is only done IF necessary. But then I thought I heard someone say they'll put stragglers in there who didn't get to another area in time lol Thank you all! :)

Out of curiosity... Wanted to make sure I posted this in the right thread... If someone wanted to see the opening ceremony how soon do some get to the gates to be front and center to do so? The last time we did the opening ceremony was HHN 25, but I can't recall what time we got there. And to be honest at that point a line had built up already so we couldn't see much. I'm trying to pre plan for Sunday the 12th or Sunday the 19th to view them. I'm hoping to try and get into the Hello Kitty stay n scream area... However my husband and I have only ever done Finnegan's and I thought I read the Hello Kitty is only done IF necessary. But then I thought I heard someone say they'll put stragglers in there who didn't get to another area in time lol Thank you all! :)
We used to get there around 4:30-4:45. Should get you right in the first few people in at least a few of those lanes.

We used to get there around 4:30-4:45. Should get you right in the first few people in at least a few of those lanes.
Thank you!! That's not too terrible and about what I was expecting or hoping for lol Normally we skip them because the few times we've seen them were "eh" but I forewarned my husband we aren't missing it this year lol

Not sure how early this year, but I would always try to get to CityWalk by 4:00PM to be one of the first. What sucks about the opening ceremony is that if you aren't one of the first few people, you can't really see it and only get to hear the audio.

Reactions: kandrews527
Not sure how early this year, but I would always try to get to CityWalk by 4:00PM to be one of the first. What sucks about the opening ceremony is that if you aren't one of the first few people, you can't really see it and only get to hear the audio.
That's kind of my fear. I also hate fighting with jerks, and my luck is I always get that one person next to me who tries to push their way in front of me - it would happen to me at almost every concert I've had floor seats too, and why I stopped doing floor seats as I've gotten older. I don't have the patience for people like that lol. I told my husband we'll wait and see what/how Stay N Scream works (if the one at the front is even an option we can choose). Otherwise we'll wait until the third week of September to attempt when it's hopefully (big emphasis on that lol) not as crazy as this first weekend. I am definitely not bothering with the crowd at the gates the first or second night lol! During HHN 25 we weren't right up at the gates, maybe back by the ticketing buildings and could hear what was going on (I think they did that Walking Dead themed opening ceremony with the person up in the building with a megaphone as walkers came towards the gates). But definitely couldn't see a whole lot. But we were also there with my co-workers so we were just going with the flow lol

Has anyone heard which houses are on the 3-house and 6-house Unmasking the Horrors tours this year?
When I talked with the tour services about a week ago, they said they were prepping to release that Information soon

I have heard whispers that the ghost with the most won’t be showing up on either tour

Then again, nothing is official until it is official, so we will see

Last edited:
When I talked with the tour services about a week ago, they said they were prepping to release that Information soon

I have heard whispers that the ghost with the most won’t be showing up on either tour

Considering how restrictive the tours have been regarding where you can take photos, it wouldn't surprise me if that house wasn't on the tour.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Then again, nothing is official until it is official, so we will see
I bought both tours and was questioning myself which house would I be ok with not seeing on the unmasking tour. I picked Beetlejuice. So, I’d be happy if it is true that it’s not on the tour. After seeing it last year, I feel like there wouldn’t be a whole lot of fun behind the scenes info they could share for that house anyway.

Reactions: kingcooger
I bought both tours and was questioning myself which house would I be ok with not seeing on the unmasking tour. I picked Beetlejuice. So, I’d be happy if it is true that it’s not on the tour. After seeing it last year, I feel like there wouldn’t be a whole lot of fun behind the scenes info they could share for that house anyway.
I didn’t get to go through the house myself, but I didn’t really like the released videos I saw. To me, I just didn’t like how they set up the various scenes as I thought the design should have been grander overall (walking through the department of the dead, a more impressive big top Beetle, etc), so I am sort of hoping this rumor is true.

I would also be okay with missing TCM as I saw the 2016 version with the lights on, so I don’t know what more they could add to that one from an information/behind the scenes standpoint

Again, it’s all rumors until otherwise stated

Reactions: HHNObsession